Missing the Urge and Pleasure or Something Else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireDragon1138

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2014
Orlando, Florida
Muggs, you should definitely try some WTA and decide for yourself if that is what you are missing.

I have tried Aroma E juice and WholeCig. I've done a bit of business in the past month with WholeCig and Jeffery has provided excellent customer service. Both companies produce a liquid that is comparable in quality. WholeCig has a simple lineup of VG-based liquids focused on menthol and traditional cigarettes (all 25mg, I had to dilute to vape this stuff), with a high quality NET-based flavor, but they also sell DIY liquids in 17-25mg strength. Aroma mostly is focused on pre-blended juices that are PG based, but they do also have some unflavored VG WTA.

There are some controversial health issues with WTA, such as the presence of more nitrosamines in the liquid. But you will also find this in NET's. So it is something to consider. The consumption of tobacco nitrosamines in humans is not linked to disease (Swedish smokeless tobacco is a good example of this), but these chemicals in experimental lab models are believed to cause tumors (hence they are called carcinogens), though judging by the popularity of NET's, this is not something that will dissuade vapers looking for tobacco-based vapes. Aroma and WholeCig try to limit the nitrosamine content through carefully selecting tobacco, but it's not possible to have nitrosamine-free WTA at the moment. Frankly, it's not something I worry about the risks, especially as I find ordinary e-liquid unsatisfying as a cigarette alternative, but it wouldn't be honest to recommend it without discussing the purity issues with WTA.

Last edited:

MikeE87

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2014
Guam
For me, vaping gives me more pleasure. When I used to smoke cigs, the first two or three hits were great, but the rest I felt like ..... Plus with cigs, I would constantly brush my teeth. Smoking seemed to give me a really bad body odor, even after I showered. You probably getting high off of the chemicals that are in cigs, like dog .... lol.

Lorelei

ECF Veteran
My experience is atypical. I have never smoked anything but clove cigarettes, and I started as an adult in a rare burst of unwise behavior. I smoked Sampoerna Classics until Philip Morris got them banned. They were delicious. I switched to Sampoerna Mild A's and they were much lighter but still tasted decent. Then they got banned, and Customs swiped my last incoming shipment. I tried swapping to Djarums and they were all gross. I could tolerate Djarum Bali Hais, but barely. So I was already dissatisfied and noticing the Djarums were rougher on my lungs. I decided to quit and bought an e-cig with an Xmas gift card in late December, and beyond picking up one Bali Hai midway through January to see if I was really done (it was NASTY), I quit instantly and totally thanks to vaping. So I quit seamlessly, even with a knock-off eGo and terrible CE4s and 6mg nicotine Dekang juice (the blueberry, banana and blackberry are acceptable, not great).

This indicates to me that most of my addiction was psychological. I liked the ritual and accessories and having something to do with my hands. I had a lot of smoker friends (still do) and part of my urge to smoke was social. I also tend to have low blood pressure and enjoyed the occasional head rush and "I feel less woozy" kick from cloves.

That said, I'm thrilled that, even with my n00bie eagerness to BUY ALL THE THINGS, I'm spending MUCH less, feel better, smell better, and have cool toys to satisfy my fiddly urges that lighters, cases and smokes used to fulfill. (Yay for eRolls!) I don't really miss the nicotine, though I'm sticking with 4-6mg juices for now. I don't miss having to smoke outside, lectures, burns, mess, stink (though cloves were marginally less pungent), and discolored fingers.

This thread makes me suspect that my cloves lacked a certain addictive Je ne sais quoi ingredient that regular cigs have, because they had nicotine and hints of tobacco, for sure. Oh, I've also tried tobacco-clove and clove ejuices, and whereas the clove was OK (very true to that old Sampoerna Classics flavor I'd liked), I now find them both unvapable. I may be able to tone the clove down with some unflavored eLiquid, but until I do, it's not palatable to me. Blueberry Cobbler and Butter Rum Lifesaver is where it's at, and I haven't even tried the real gourmet ejuices yet. I may lose my mind when I do. :)

People are weird and I'm no exception, clearly!

Last edited:

Muggs

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
CT
www.advancesmart.com
Muggs, you should definitely try some WTA and decide for yourself if that is what you are missing.

I'm actually about to strart looking at it right now.

Edit: Looks like aroma e-juice it is, they are a supplier here and have good reviews.

Last edited:

Muggs

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
CT
www.advancesmart.com
I just spent too much yesterday getting everything to make my own DIY Oak Barrel Reserve, thanks to Muggs. WTA will have to wait till next month if my wife still feels like she needs something extra from her vape.

Haha thanks Gonzi I hope that works out well.

Man the WTA juice is expensive at over $1 per ml. I'm guessing it's that good.

Muggs

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
CT
www.advancesmart.com
WTA is the trick. Just got some Aroma unflavored in, added it to some DIY, it is so good. This is what was missing. It gives such a relaxed feeling I'm really liking this stuff.

muggs-albums-liquids-picture330317-aroma-ejuice-unflavored-wta.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread