Mistakes you have made as a newbie or a veteran of vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Javichu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2020
Spain
Thought this would a fun thread to get going here in ECF.

Well,i'll start with something that just happened to me.

So yesterday i got my order in from the spanish website i use for my vaping needs,got some DIY materials and a couple of coils for my innokin zlide.

The vape shop was kind enough to send me as a gift a bottle of peach flavoured hand sanitizer.

I kept that hand sanitzer on my desk but stupidily enough i kept it close to my bottles with e-liquid.
So i refilled my innokin zlide with what i thought was my popcorn flavoured e-liquid when in reality i just refilled it with the peach scented sanitizer.

Lucky for me when i closed it i could tell by the smell that something was wrong so yeah...that happened.
Tossed the coil to the garbage (only used it like 2 days) and proceeded to wash and clean the tank,but in my defense the bottles look the same (except for the colour that is)

UHHPS.jpg

Common mistake,lights were turned off and i was watching a movie so yeah that happened hehe

p.s. hand sanitizer is the bottle on the right ;)

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
At least that tank got CLEAN!!!

I have this Aspire Pegasus Mini, a little single bat mod with a Triton mini tank (sort of a redesigned Naughty mini). One of the things with this mod is it has a stealth/lock mode, or the regular display and adjust. I like to see the battery meter, so I seldom put it into stealth/lock. Oh, and I vape at about 12 watts.

But every so often I have something else in my pocket. And I take a hit and BAM. Something leaned into the "up" button, and I just took a hit at 50 watts. Which usually toasts these little naughty mini coils! And it seems to happen with a fresh coil, never with a coil on it's last legs.

Aspire-Odyssey-Mini-50W-Kit.jpg

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
My very first huge mistake in vaping was when I first came to this forum.

I had been vaping using an ego battery and ce4, and was sick of the never ending replacement of the ce4... it was getting annoying, quite frankly.

Although in my defense, I hadn't understood anything about coils then either.. lol... regardless of the fact I was constantly replacing the ce4's.. haha

So when I came there was a great big giveaway contest, a forum wide ECF sponsored Smok X-Cube 2, 160 watt two battery monstrosity kit with a TF4 tank and I was among the winners.

So I won another smaller forum vendor contest about that same time where I won a 75 dollar gift certificate for one of the vape shops too. That got me the batteries and charger as well as some ejuice too..

So here I am all set with a serious trade up from my little ego battery...

And then I vaped it... hahaha... 40 watts of power with a TF4 DL tank, my first exposure to real vaping which left me coughing my head off so hard I nearly peed my pants... lol...

Thank God I wasn't in public for that experience! Hahaha

At any rate, I cleaned up the tf4 and removed the batteries and neatly repackaged everything and set it aside, now happy enough with my little ego with my leaky ce4 tank...

Lol... you know, all I needed was a aspire nautilus or some other mtl tank and the mod would have been good since it went down as low as I would have needed it... but I had yet to understand interchangeable tanks and power levels..

So I gave up on anything but the ego.. Hahaha took another year and another contest win to open my eyes with greater understanding..

Javichu

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2020
Spain
My very first huge mistake in vaping was when I first came to this forum.

I had been vaping using an ego battery and ce4, and was sick of the never ending replacement of the ce4... it was getting annoying, quite frankly.

Although in my defense, I hadn't understood anything about coils then either.. lol... regardless of the fact I was constantly replacing the ce4's.. haha

So when I came there was a great big giveaway contest, a forum wide ECF sponsored Smok X-Cube 2, 160 watt two battery monstrosity kit with a TF4 tank and I was among the winners.

So I won another smaller forum vendor contest about that same time where I won a 75 dollar gift certificate for one of the vape shops too. That got me the batteries and charger as well as some ejuice too..

So here I am all set with a serious trade up from my little ego battery...

And then I vaped it... hahaha... 40 watts of power with a TF4 DL tank, my first exposure to real vaping which left me coughing my head off so hard I nearly peed my pants... lol...

Thank God I wasn't in public for that experience! Hahaha

At any rate, I cleaned up the tf4 and removed the batteries and neatly repackaged everything and set it aside, now happy enough with my little ego with my leaky ce4 tank...

Lol... you know, all I needed was a aspire nautilus or some other mtl tank and the mod would have been good since it went down as low as I would have needed it... but I had yet to understand interchangeable tanks and power levels..

So I gave up on anything but the ego.. Hahaha took another year and another contest win to open my eyes with greater understanding..

Same with me when i went from one of those cheap pod systems you get for like 20 bucks that are shaped like a cigar to a proper RTA,wow!!
Coughed for a bit but wow!! the flavour,the cloud!!
I was like this:

tenor.gif

Tested my first homemade Cotten wick by dry firing :facepalm:

FIREFIRE.jpg

^^
Just in case it happens again :D

Javichu

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2020
Spain
I have heard of something called ''dragon lips'' or atleast that is what they call it in spanish ''labios de dragon''.
When you remove the cap of the dripper to add the liquid and then put it to your mouth but you forgot put the cap back on.

Never liked dripping,to much of a hassle but i did buy a Wasp Nano RDA and used it for a week and once or twice i was really,i mean really close to doing exactly that.

My mouth would have ended up looking like the logo of the Rolling Stones:

STONES.jpg

Reactions: DavidOck

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
So i refilled my Innokin Zlide with what i thought was my popcorn flavoured e-liquid when in reality i just refilled it with the peach scented sanitizer.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I think this is one of my favorite vaping mistakes of all time. The only thing that would have put it over the edge would be like, if you had vaped it. I'm sure you would have been UNHAPPY but probably fine the dose makes the poison, etc.

Vape mistakes.. Hmm, I will mention only a top few because like, I am pretty sure the box may be infinite but well....

When I was driving back and forth from SV to Tucson all the time I would have this bad habit of like not locking wattages and my worst burnt hit EVER was a Zenith 1.8 coil that got turned up to 200w on my Legend, it was dark, I was innocent, I took a long, tender PUFF. OMG I am shocked I kept the car on the road (I am a good driver in crisis situations though I sort of have to be.) It torched the coil so badly it would not even read. When I first mentioned this story someone was begging me to try vaping the coil the next day and I was like.... ? It does not READ I can't.

This was not such a mistake as a well deliberate vaping no no. Before I was kindly pointed to PEG 400 (I am PG sensitive and can only have 10% I was fooling around with vodka and like water to change up my vape. I happened to have some cheap red cooking burgundy around , and I mean the type of thing that is labelled "Burgundy" and nothing else. I knew it was a bad idea, and it did caramelize instantly on my coil. The vape tasted kind of nice. I'm sure it was not good for me. For some odd reason it filled the house with the smell of really cheap curry and it was pungent. The kind of smell you open doors for and start ceiling fans going. The husband kindly asked me if I would ah cease and desist. It was for the best I think.

Not putting vape ties and vape bands on my tanks sooner like 2 YEARS ago. I don't love em because they can obscure liquid levels but I dislike buying tanks by the dozens especially bubble tanks. I can live with it

Anna

Javichu

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2020
Spain
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Not putting vape ties and vape bands on my tanks sooner like 2 YEARS ago. I don't love em because they can obscure liquid levels but I dislike buying tanks by the dozens especially bubble tanks. I can live with it

Anna

I knew it,i knew sooner or later hair ties would come again into one of your posts,gotcha :D

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
@Wayneo it WAS buried deeply in my subconscious thank you SO much. OMG.

So, I have these great ceramic IDK like small tubs I dump my meds in and um, I think I was in the middle of a med change, oh right I found out accidentally diazepam decreases my fine motor tremor by about 75% and I was trying to up the dosage during the day actually, which is fine while acclimated ONLY well, it has a long half life and I was living in the "Valley of the Dolls" for a time or so it seemed. Also right after my FIRST work mess w Dr. Evil.

So ah, I was going to install a coil in something I forget. It was a Rose V 3 fumyech coil actually and the ones that come are great so I use them often. I didn't get to it so I put it in a ceramic bowl. That evening, I believe I dumped all my meds in there and swallowed everything. I am an accomplished like, swallower so I noticed nothing.

I guess probably a few days later I noticed well some ah, discomfort of the kind you don't want dude. You just don't. Also I was at work so um, I didn't have ways to inspect anything closely. I had hemorrhoids after childbirth and those of you like who did not HAVE that I am jealous but like, it was sort of a feeling you don't forget .I actually LEFT work and went to CVS for like 35 dollars worth of hemorrhoids products. They aren't cheap dude I think like the OTC drug companies KNOW in that situation you will pretty much pay anything.

So yes, in the process of applying many products I kept thinking "This does not FEEL right" I mean yeah there was swelling but also maybe WIRE? It was rather frightening actually and I really wondered if I should just go to the doctor and like, see what the deal was (thank god I did not my work was my doc then. I am not sure if they would have KNOWN but it would be even MORE mortifying. Yep. All staff meetings would have been a nightmare because like well, if you think your healthcare provider doesn't ah break HIPPA sometimes DOCS LOVE TO TALK ABOUT WHAT THEY FIND IN BUTTS that is just how it is. Even if they did not use my name I bet a lot of folk would have thought "Anna." That is JUST how it is. Anyway so I was like, "Man UP woman" and grabbed a chunk of something and tugged (ever so gently) and well there it was-- my Fumytech coil.

The only GOOD part was I felt INSTANT relief. I was like, "I am not going to need these products and that is excellent." Otherwise, I mostly felt SHAME. I was like, "Holy god, I swallowed a coil what is WRONG with me?"

The coil looked fine but I was NOT about to interact with it ANY further frankly and I DO NOT BLAME ME one bit. I wrapped it thoroughly in a now useless witch hazel pad. I did not look in the mirror as I washed my hands.

In fact the Valium was probably a good thing it probably kept me from locking myself in the bathroom for the rest of the day. It sucked it sucked so much. It was the WORST.

I have found despite my deep burying of the matter I am VERY careful to separate like bits and pieces of RTAs INCLUDING coils, from anywhere near meds because DANG. I count me lucky I did not have a bowl perforation.

I must say that dude who eats entire airplanes and like cars, I DO NOT KNOW how he does it, you don't digest metal and well, IDK maybe he has some special talent I don't but yeah.

Yeah that happened and thank you SO for the memories @Wayneo.

Man.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread