mistral propylene glycerol ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDarthVap3r

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2012
uk
http://www.hillcrestanimalhospital.co.uk/store/propylene-glycol-bp
is this stuff legit for diy liquid , its usually costing me £4 or so for 50ml yet these sell it for £10 per ltr including delivery :D

but i dont really want to bu something cause its cheapr its its going to kill me . has anyone tried this before and survived?:p

it is from a vetinary hospital but i couldnt find a contact number , i can only imagine their response when i ask if this is safe to inhale. no doubt theyll be asking me if im into " cheesing" haha :D

cheesing.jpg

Last edited:

TheDarthVap3r

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2012
uk
thank christ. your going to laugh at me for this but it was the bp that worried me , becuase of the company bp i thought it might have petrol in it or something... im going to go hang my head in shame.

THANK YOU THOUGH :) its gonna save me a small fortune. even though tw have reduced their pricing , this is still 4x cheaper. and thats without adding p&p to the tw price.

gonna buy me a ltr then , cheers. ive been trying pure vg mixes but it just isnt working for me. its too weak . but ow i have a super low cost alternative so i can go back to the pg + vg combis.

ajventi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2012
New Jersey
I've read and heard vapers claim that they wouldn't buy USP VG or PG off the shelf and that suppliers who sell for vaping have a superior product. They say the Tractor supply PG and Walgreens VG have strange flavors. I think it's complete hogwash. The power of suggestion often influences people's taste.

In my work I go through pretty good amounts of USP Chemicals, In the range of 20+ kilos per year. When you start buying in bulk like you generally get it exactly how the distributor received it from the manufacturer, and you realize there are very very few manufacturers making USP chemicals. In many cases there are only a handful worldwide.

I've also heard people say they suspect the bottling of the PG or VG may be imparting flavor. Bulk liquid is almost always shipped in HDPE, so if the bottle you're buying it in is HDPE, I'd throw that idea out the window as well. I'd also suspect the USP label would require the packaging to be completely non-reactive with the chemical it is holding.

TheDarthVap3r

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2012
uk
i emailed the vet hospital and they sent me a response back saying that it is pharma grade and is perectly fine for human consumption and that its not the first time someone has contacted them with regards to vaping so im going to believe that a hospital wouldnt purposely try to harm me so im happy enough. and the price is phenomenal so im willing to take the risk. it just makes me wonder why eliquid suppliers charge so much for this stuff when its easily available from pharmacies for far less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread