Mixing 2 aromas percentages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoggster99

Apr 7, 2020
Hello,

So i have been vaping for a while now trying different aromas every time, but most of the times the flavor is meh.

My question is regards to mixing 2 aromas together. I like to have a freshness to my liquid and decided i'd buy some standalone strawberry, orange, kiwi,... aroma and a few bottles of mint aromas. Most of these aromas should be mixed at 15% according to the site. Let's say i want to mix the strawberry and the mint aroma. I want a combination of them both, but I want the strawberry to come out really well.

Should i just mix the Strawberry at 15% of my liquid and add 10% of the mint, so i just use less base?
Or should i stay at 15% in total and go for 10% strawberry and 5% mint?

I'd love to hear your guys' opinion on this!

Reactions: Izan

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi and Welcome back.

What brands and specific flavors are you mixing?
What recipe are you making?
What device will you use with the mix? (Pod/AIO/MTL/Clouds Bro...)

If you have standalone versions (RTV complete) of each flavor that you enjoy, begin mixing a few drops of mint in with the fruit until you find your happy place. Take notes and label bottles.
Enjoy.

Cheers
I

Hoggster99

Apr 7, 2020
I'm probably using a brand most americans don't use. I use Vampire Vape (as we don't have a lot of other options in belgium sadly).
Flavors:
Hi and Welcome back.

What brands and specific flavors are you mixing?
What recipe are you making?
What device will you use with the mix? (Pod/AIO/MTL/Clouds Bro...)

If you have standalone versions (RTV complete) of each flavor that you enjoy, begin mixing a few drops of mint in with the fruit until you find your happy place. Take notes and label bottles.
Enjoy.

Cheers
I
Brands: Vampire Vape
Flavors: Strawberry (Vampire Vape), Ice Menthol (Vampire Vape)
Device: Geekvape L200 (I vape at 75W), 0.2 Ohm coils

For mixing recommendation you give, should i use the full percentage of strawberry and just add menthol, or should i use less strawberry to keep it at 15% of the liquid?

• Useful
Reactions: Izan

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Sorry if I didn't provide enough detail.
I would mix the strawberry at whatever % gives me the flavor I like and I can vape it standalone and be happy.
The same for the mint or any other flavor.
I start with an average of suggested %s from multiple sources, flavor reviews and the folks who make it.
If needed, after aging, I can adjust the percentages up or down to give me the result/ taste /flavor I find most enjoyable.

THEN, I might think about adding a few drops of this to a tank of that or adding just a bit of each of these two to a third, base flavor.

Unless I am following a recipe verbatim, I would not mix any two flavors at their "suggested" percentages blindly.

HTH
Cheers

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Personally I would mix several 10ml testers. I'd start at 7-8% for the fruits and 5% for mints. Keep in mind you'll also be searching for ideal steep time. When I started mixing I would drip a hit or two at 3 days, 1 week and weekly after that. Also some flavors disappears after several days of steeping then reappear better & fuller several days later. What works for some won't work for others due to individual preferences, this is why you seldom find definitive answers about flavorings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread