Mixing juices - nicotine strength

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tober138

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
cHARLOTte, NC
My reason for making the move to vaping, like many others apparently, is to start making the move to quitting analogs for good. My plan is to slowly decrease the level of nicotine in the juice that I do use over the next several months until I can kick my nicotine cravings completely.

Most juices seem to be available in nicotine strengths of high, medium, low and 0. If I wanted to step down at a more gradual pace, can this simply be done by mixing two of the same juice with a separate strength together? For example (and I am just pulling the numbers out of thin air) if the "high" juice is 30mg of nicotine (or whatever the proper unit of measurement is) and the "medium" is 20 mg...if I take a bottle of each and mix them together, do I wind up with two bottles of 25mg worth of nicotine?

In short, if I want to add an intermediate step in nicotine levels between high and medium, or betwwn medium and low, can I just mix one of each together to achieve that? Or is there another way this should be done?

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Yup.

It's fractional content, similar to when we blend nitrox for diving.

An easy example is Tasty Vapors -- they sell nic containing liquid up to 48 mg/ml, plus 0 nic doubler liquid. That makes life simple. If you want 24 mg/ml, mix equal parts of the 48 and 0. If you want 16 mg, mix 1 unit of nic with 2 units of the no-nic.

Jonmo1

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2010
Bryan, TX
Yes, it's a very basic math problem

When you add 2 or more juices together, you add up the total amount of nic, and devide by the number of parts.

so if you have say 2 bottles

1 is 16 MG
2 is 24 MG

If you mix it straight, equal parts of each, that's 1 to 1
1 part 16MG 1 part 24MG is a total of 2 parts 40MG
(16+24)/2 = 40/2 = 20

If you want to have MORE of juice 1, you can do

2 parts 16mg AND 1 PART 24mg - For a total of 3 parts 56MG
(16+16+24)/3 = 18.67 MG

Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.