Mixing nic salts with the new 20mg/ml cap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard Winter

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    So I messed up royally and didn't order a ton of nic salt base before the new 20mg/ml cap came out. I try to make my juice 60/40, but even at 16mg target I get a PG imbalance. Is the only solution to make even weaker juice? :\ at that point there's sense in even using nic salts at all .
    Are you based in the EU hence the 20mg restriction?
    Its virtually impossible to mix at 16mg strength when using a 20mg nic base. Only way to get anywhere near the strength your after is to use a combination of pg based nic and vg based nic

Reactions: smacuser

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I am using sub ohm, not really looking to go back that style vaping again but I guess we'll see.

The word "subohm vaping" was always misused over the years (as with other vape terminology). "subohm vaping" used to be synonymous with cloud chasing, but that's not necessarily the case today. Today, it means what it really should have meant all along, which is "vaping on a coil that is below 1 ohm". They are making subohm coil today that people use for MTL vaping.

The point smac was trying to make I think was to increase your wattage to increase your vapor's heat to see if that gives you more satisfaction. You don't have to use subohm coil or cloud chase (however you will inevitably get more clouds to some degree).

Last edited:

Richard Winter

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Hi @SalGovernale143, In reply to your original question about mixing with 20mg nic base, I wrote a guide back in 2018 to detail how to achieve different mix strengths using 18mg nic base.

Higher strength mixes can be achieved using a combination of PG and VG nic bases. To get a 50/50 pgvg ratio you can achieve around 14mg strength.

Take a look at the link as it goes through different examples. Hopefully it helps you out.
    https://vapinghardware.com/tpd-restrictions-mixing-e-liquid-with-tpd-strength-nicotine/

SalGovernale143

Oct 17, 2021
    Hi @SalGovernale143, In reply to your original question about mixing with 20mg nic base, I wrote a guide back in 2018 to detail how to achieve different mix strengths using 18mg nic base.

Higher strength mixes can be achieved using a combination of PG and VG nic bases. To get a 50/50 pgvg ratio you can achieve around 14mg strength.

Take a look at the link as it goes through different examples. Hopefully it helps you out.
    https://vapinghardware.com/tpd-restrictions-mixing-e-liquid-with-tpd-strength-nicotine/
    Thanks, I'm going to check that out.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread