Mixing question. 10% Flava-20% Flava???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canute

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Was looking at a few of these recipe/mixing calculators and noticed that some default to adding 10% flavoring while others default to 20% flavoring. Anyone know what the typical flavoring content of purchased e-liquids are? Or if you mix your own what percentage do you use and do you find it to have more or less flavor than the retail version?

HzG8rGrl

Trippy Tip Hoarder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2009
*The Swamp*
www.youtube.com
It is to best to start at 10% and move up. Taste buds are individual and only you will know when you taste your juice. Start with a 3ml mix and add more flavor as needed. You will switch it around depending on how strong each flavoring taste to you. You can add the flavor a little at a time. If you over do it, then you have to add more of the other ingredients...nic,pg,vg,pga......take notes as you go and add or it will be useless. Good luck.

Kattdaddy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Was looking at a few of these recipe/mixing calculators and noticed that some default to adding 10% flavoring while others default to 20% flavoring. Anyone know what the typical flavoring content of purchased e-liquids are? Or if you mix your own what percentage do you use and do you find it to have more or less flavor than the retail version?

Depends on what flavorings you are using.. If you are using Loranns.. they tend to be a little more concentrated and I would start at 6 to 8% ..You can always add but it is hard to take away rather than trash.. If you know what I mean!!

jlmanno

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Taste is always said to be subjective. I so far have only mixed fruit flavors and have used 20% flavoring of Lorans except for flavors like cherry that have a lot of color those have been at 15%/ I read one of the well known suppliers using pga in their mix, thought it was interesting. As I found the fruits can be atty clogging I started adding 10% of 100 vodka as pga is not available in PA. I usually mix mine 65/35 pg to vg and with the vodka added I've produced some great vaping juice with less gunking. Good luck and happy vaping!

Canute

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Depends on what flavorings you are using.. If you are using Loranns.. they tend to be a little more concentrated and I would start at 6 to 8% ..You can always add but it is hard to take away rather than trash.. If you know what I mean!!

So other than Lorann oils what can be used? Does it need to be candy strength oils or can you get a decent flavor out of the baking strength extracts? I was even wondering if coffee syrups may suffice?

AlexTM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Cologne, Germany
www.dampfzeichen.de
Some Flavourart flavours are very decent even at 1% or 2%, so it depends entirely on what flavours you use. Not to mention individual taste.

You need to watch out for three things which you most likely don't want in your atties: Sugar, oil and artificial colouring. If a flavour does not contain any of those, you could just give it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread