• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

MKWS Pre-Built Clapton(A1-K), Twisted(A1-K), Alien(A1-K) - Fast-tech

Status
Not open for further replies.

PSiKoTiC

Jan 21, 2015
I'm sure fasttech isn't a new name to the fora's here, I've ordered 'some' things from them before.. I'm in alberta, delivery time.. 2 months.. give or take a month (no joke) it's really bad. But really cheap (usually).

Decided to order some cheap pre-wound coils (read as: Lazy) and they were rock bottom cheap. But so long as it's A1 Kanthal, kanthal is kanthal.. right?

Long of the short I 'just' got my avocado 24 working.. and it tastes great. Problem? These coils.

I ended up doing boiling water soaks, soap, ultrasonic to this and the tsunami (my first dripper tank btw) and they were absolutely terrible. Something I could only relate to either burning insulator or machine oil. and no matter what I did it tasted like 'crap'. My builds were perfect(ish) my wicking is good (I've tried litterally everything) and they were nevermind not enjoyable, not vape-able. I would get 'sick' which I attributed to over inhalation of either ejuice or just inhaling so much air so fast.

Wound my own coils and used some (fancy/geekvape ) claptons. they both taste amazing.
(after using 16 pre built MKWS coils.. yes.. 16..)

Morale:
Keep it local folks, cheap prebuilts are cheap for a reason, you can get local coils at reasonable prices, skip the Chinese shops and pay the extra buck 50 for cheap canadian/american products. Or hell build your own, can't get claptons right, do a twisted or standard build.

TL;DR
Something is wrong with MKWS prebuilt coils from Fast-tech, either they're a ....ty clone, or contaminated, or not kanthal wire at all used. Almost tossed an ava24 and tsunami and gave up dripping due to this. Buy from American/Canadian vendors for cheap gear/wire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread