MNKE 26650 or Sony 26650

Status
Not open for further replies.

bce22

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2014
Blackstone, MA
but the MKNE have alot more mah. Something to consider. If I didn't get such a great deal on my sony 26650s I would probably have purchased the MNKE to really get the benefit of having the 26650 form factor for time between charges. These Sonys aren't don't hold substantial more in the tank than the sony 18650 vtc4 never mind the vtc5 18650s.

All about what you plan on doing with it of course super low ohm builds vs time away from charger.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
but the MKNE have alot more mah. Something to consider. If I didn't get such a great deal on my sony 26650s I would probably have purchased the MNKE to really get the benefit of having the 26650 form factor for time between charges. These Sonys aren't don't hold substantial more in the tank than the sony 18650 vtc4 never mind the vtc5 18650s.

All about what you plan on doing with it of course super low ohm builds vs time away from charger.

Yup, there is not enough data in that video review to give anyone the whole picture, but it is better than nothing.

Looks to me like with low resistance attys the Sony might be the better choice. With high resistance, the MNKE. 'Might' being the operative word :)

dylanlg2

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2013
My-PC
I feel like the correct answer would depend on how low ohmage you will be going with your atomizer.. if the only reason you are moving to 26650 is the amp rating then get the sonys, if you are looking to keep your .7 ohm build and have more time at that higher voltage and more time between charges, go with the mnke's. Sorry for reviving an old thread but I don't know if this was made clear enough for the OP

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
The Sony 26650 are 26A max continuous draw, 52A pulse. The MNKE are 20A/60A. It really depends on what you are using it for.

well if thats the case, the MNKE is a far better choice IMO because of the larger capacity. those extra amps would personally do me no good on my current builds. we're talking a negligible difference in max amp limit. JMHO

2naphish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
the boro, Tennessee

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
just a comment on the video...

wouldn't a fuse such as the vapesafe or Kamry be a much better choice than sticking a magnet to the battery to help take up the slack?
i can't remember where i read it but i know i read once the magnet was not recommended by some manufacturers.

the problem with the fuse is the low amp limit. personally, i'd need a new fuse for every draw i took lol. but i hear that high amp fuses are in the works.

i use tiny super strong magnets to make up slack in my chi you clone. never had a problem. i do use extra precaution by placing an o-ring on top of the batt just in the rare case the magnet would somehow slide down the tube. doubtful that would happen though bc the pressure of the 510 pin and the strength of the magnet, but hey never too safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread