jpcwon

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
North Easton, MA
Hey Guys,

Just a quick question. I am pretty experienced with batteries, but am completely new to vaping with a 26650 Battery (just got a Precise Simplicity 26650).

So, I ordered 3 MNKE 26650 batteries from RTD Vapor. Now RTD specifies that these batteries are 3500 mAh, but the label on the battery says "4000 mAh".

I was not aware that MNKE made a 4000 mAh battery but clearly they do. I was just womdering what the Amp limit is on these batteries? Is it 20 Amps like the 3500 mAh ones?

Thanks for any info you may be able to provide! :)

View attachment 354525

jpcwon

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
North Easton, MA
RTD are pretty trust worthy, so that confused the hell out of me. It looks like they manually updated the specs. Generally, as the mAh goes up, the amp ceiling goes down, but who knows. Send them an email, they're customer service is pretty good.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Now there's an idea! (email RTD).... :laugh:

Don't know why I didn't do that to begin with!! :facepalm:

Figured I'd ask here first....But I will email them right now and see what they say. Yeah I will only buy my batteries from RTD....

jpcwon

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
North Easton, MA
Well I just heard back from RTD. This is what they had to say:

The label that you see on the battery is applied for international shipping regulations. MNKE does not print the battery ratings on the PVC wrapper, so they must put a sticker on them before they can ship. It is really a generic type sticker.

The 26650 batteries actually spec out at 3700mAh on this shipment. We have always advertised them at 3500mAh and choose to keep them at that and not over inflate our numbers. Some shipments come in at 3600mAh, 3500mAh, and 3800mAh.

So it appears that the actual mAh rating of these MNKE's from RTD are 3700......they just choose not to over-inflate the specs on their site.....interesting stuff!! :)

So I assume the amp rating is still 20A? Not sure on that one TBH......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread