MO - These people are selling ecigs for the purpose of losing weight and 'taking vitamins'. This does NOT help our cause at all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
i really didn't take it that way.
i take vitamins and i vape.
the truth be told the vitamin and supplement takers are getting the same treatment as we
vapors.
big pharma wants vitamins to be by prescription only.
go to the hospital with a heart problem.100,000 iu's of vitamin d.
general malaise or illness that cant be diagnosed.massive quantities of vitamin b's.
have you noticed over the last year all the newsy articles about
how vitamins don't do anything for you or worse may harm you.
apparently not.
big pharma's take is if it acts like a medicine it should be regulated as such
by subscription.
gives me a different perspective on things knowing this.

regards
mike

AgentAnia

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Orbiting Sirius B
The owners of the B&M in OP's article call their ecig a "puffy." Puffy?!? :facepalm:

Re vitamin supplements: Yes, I've notice a growing number of media articles about how they don't really help, and may harm. Referring, no doubt, to studies by Big Pharma. (How long will it be, I wonder, before BP tries to take over the food supply...)

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
The owners of the B&M in OP's article call their ecig a "puffy." Puffy?!? :facepalm:

Re vitamin supplements: Yes, I've notice a growing number of media articles about how they don't really help, and may harm. Referring, no doubt, to studies by Big Pharma. (How long will it be, I wonder, before BP tries to take over the food supply...)

The funniest part about this, is that Pfizer's Centrum 21 or whatever they're called, are the only ones they tested. I smell a setup.

Sdh

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
U.S.
Branson, Missouri is a very touted tourist attraction. I use to live about 20 miles North of the city. They have a lot of show attractions (singers) in the area. They will have no problem selling ecigs. A lot of folks use real cigarettes to battle the weight. Vaping would be a lesser evil if it would help one curb the addiction for food. I don't necessary feel that vitamins are necessary but feel neutral on the presentation of this "story". :)

cthulhufan

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2013
Saint Louis, MO, USA
I saw the store's comments as nothing more than a "marketing angle". Probably some exaggerated statements concerning weight loss and helping the voice. This happens in all segments of the consumer market. I don't agree with this type of marketing tactic but don't find it as a big issue.

Yeah, doesn't strike me as a big deal either. For the overly sensitive, I suppose it could draw a frown of dis-approval but that's not me...

5150sick

Jan 20, 2013
Leesburg, Florida
I can just see the ANTZ saying this about it:

"They [ecigs] were marketed to smokers to help them quit, Now non-smokers are getting addicted to nicotine just lose weight, and even inhaling vitamins through them!!!
These things must be stopped."

That is the only thing that worries me. They are totally grasping at straws now with "save the children" and the gateway theory.

I have a feeling that they will bring this article up too if given a chance.
Glantz and his cronies will call this article 'science' that ecigs are being abused

I mean "puffys"! Are you kidding me? Sounds like a term a Child would use...

MissKitty47

ECF Veteran
  • Deleted by Caridwen
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread