Status
Not open for further replies.

Krythis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
WNY
krythis.com
I've built several mini mag mods and absolutely love them when they are working! I had several that had issues with some loosing the negative connection. This was occurring at the circuit board which is under an epoxied cap so there's not much to do to fix it. My first 3 used 510 battery connectors that I connect a 510/808 adapter to to use cartomizers.

So I bought a couple 808 connectors from MadVapes and some of their silver button switches(which I don't see on the site now). I built what I thought was a rock solid mini mag with the board epoxied to the bottom and a nice piece of sheet metal epoxied on as a cap on the top....Well after TWO days the darn switch blew!!

Are there any hv mods that take the CR2s that is serviceable after being built, or does anyone have any suggestions on building a better mini mag? I'm down to my last working mod and don't want to spend a cpl hours building another one. 3.7 feels like sucking through a straw so I either need a working HV mod or to build a 5v USB PT. Any suggestions would be appreciated. :|

Jason365

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2009
ATX
the right switch is a key component. If your going to use switches that are rated for 50/ma then you need to use a mosfet with the switch to keep the switch from frying, especially at higher voltage.

get the 5v regulator from madvapes with the control pin on it. and add that to your torch mod. your switch should last a lot longer.

link to said regulator
LDO 5 volt, 3.0 amp regulator with control pin!

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
Well you should consider alternatives to the flashlights, something where the head is removable.

here's one example.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/battery-mods/65392-how-build-my-5v-mods.html

You could also make one of the various 3/4" copper pipe mods. My top cap is a simple tight press fit. Note that is a 2A switch.

TPC_small.JPG

The advantage to both is that you can use the much safer (hopefully) Tenergy batts or a single 18650.

2 RCR123A 3.0V 750mAh Rechargeable LiFePO4 Li-Ion Batteries with AC/DC Smart Charger

Krythis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
WNY
krythis.com
Well you should consider alternatives to the flashlights, something where the head is removable.

here's one example.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/battery-mods/65392-how-build-my-5v-mods.html

You could also make one of the various 3/4" copper pipe mods. My top cap is a simple tight press fit. Note that is a 2A switch.

TPC_small.JPG

The advantage to both is that you can use the much safer (hopefully) Tenergy batts or a single 18650.

2 RCR123A 3.0V 750mAh Rechargeable LiFePO4 Li-Ion Batteries with AC/DC Smart Charger

That may be just what I'm looking for. The videos on that thread were removed by the poster though :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread