Where Can I Get A......? Mod with an Auto Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

dubnluvn

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
San Diego, Ca
My wife has been suffering with M4 auto batteries. She's always changing them and its starting to get to her I think. She's also very much against mods, until tonight. Her only condition is that it has an auto battery. So does anyone know where I can find an auto battery mod with the form factor of, say, an Ego? Even better yet, one that can use M4 attys :D

Thanks for the input.

markule

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2009
Iowa, USA
The Ego is the longest lasting automatic I'm aware of, so you could try that with an adapter to 401. Second bet would be an XL battery for the 808 (cartomizer), which is about 380 mah, and will easily last twice as long as the standard m401 battery, in my experience. Also needs an adapter. However, just go ahead and try cartomizers, the new designs totally replaced my m401

markule

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2009
Iowa, USA
The new carto design that burns the filling even worse than the old one?

I can, of course, speak only of my own experience, but here's mine:

I have yet to burn a carto.

Just hasn't happened. I do swap flavors frequently, refill often, so maybe I'm just not running them dry enough to burn. Also, I use the premiums ONLY at 3.7 volt. The way they produce on standard batteries, I'm sure 5 V, let alone 6, will cook them. They're not made for it, so *of course* they burn. For me, one month now of only cartomizers and almost exclusively premiums, not one burn.

*shrug*

AlexTM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Cologne, Germany
www.dampfzeichen.de
And you have taken apart all of your cartos to say for sure none burned? And once again: They do not have to be vaped dry to get those holes. They don't have to be vaped hot, too often, on more than their own standard battery, or anything like that, either. And many burned ones tasted perfectly alright, too, until somebody got curious and took them apart.

But even if you yourself really never had one - the risk is still there, and it seems hardly a rare thing, either. So why take the risk? Let the makers come up with a burn safe one, and I'll very gladly buy some. Because even if I don't mind refilling my 510s, I know people who do. And I'd like to offer them a safe alternative.

juicefreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2009
Oklahoma
My wife has been suffering with M4 auto batteries. She's always changing them and its starting to get to her I think. She's also very much against mods, until tonight. Her only condition is that it has an auto battery. So does anyone know where I can find an auto battery mod with the form factor of, say, an Ego? Even better yet, one that can use M4 attys :D

Thanks for the input.

i can understand your wife's desire. i'd love an auto mod too. it's more of a natural hit to me than any manual button. i really prefer the auto draw. seems smoother for some reason.

i love them, but hate it when they die from juice death. my 801's were the worse. i gave up on those and just use a manual mod or passthrough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread