• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Moderated in Social Group?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starlight

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2009
UK
I joined the social group and posted a reply in one of the discussions, quite a few days ago. It shows up as awaiting moderation, even now, days later.

Why am I moderated and how does one get unmoderated so that one's discussions (and replies to discussions) in the social group appear? There's little or nothing in the FAQ to explain this :)

ApOsTle51

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2008
UK
I dunno Starlight , obviously you can post here tho ;)

I just replied to a topic on one of the discussions and it appeared no problem with a little message saying " this post is moderated"

Im only guessing here but maybe every social group application has to be accepted by the group moderator before your posts are visable in the discussion area, Currently that's SJ and He hasnt been around the last few days..

that's all i can suggest i'm afraid. :)

Caesarea

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2009
UK
I joined the social group and posted a reply in one of the discussions, quite a few days ago. It shows up as awaiting moderation, even now, days later.

Why am I moderated and how does one get unmoderated so that one's discussions (and replies to discussions) in the social group appear? There's little or nothing in the FAQ to explain this :)

Must admit I hoped the discussion tool would allow us a bit of space away from the hurly-burly of Today's Posts.

Hope this is just a software glitch - 'cos want to read what you said!!

Best

C.

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA

Star, I don't know which social group you are talking about but can you tell who the moderator is? If so, maybe you can PM them and find out what's going on. I really don't know a lot about those groups but I do believe each one has a moderator....and as Mage mentioned, some may require a "permission to join" type of thing. Might be worth a shot.

Lu

Starlight

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2009
UK
Must admit I hoped the discussion tool would allow us a bit of space away from the hurly-burly of Today's Posts.

Hope this is just a software glitch - 'cos want to read what you said!!

Best

C.
Sorry to be so late in coming back to you...

Lu, I'm talking about this social group, for UK e-smokers, and SJ is the mod I think.

The post appears, to me only though, with the same message ApOsTle51 had: "this post is moderated". I give up on being unmoderated, LOL. Seems a bit daft though to have a social group where some of us can't partake... ahem... :)

Anyway, I'll post my reply here as it's no secret ;)

It was in reply to Caesarea's title: "DIY kits/bottles et cetera in the UK."
I replied on 23 April with this:
You can get 5 and 10 ml plastic bottles with droppers here:
SCH Web or on their eBay shop. They also have plastic adjustable compartment boxes which are useful for storing (spare) batteries, atomisers and carts etc.

Larger amber glass bottles with pipettes here on eBay

PG, smallest bottle is a 1 litre (!), also on eBay here

I like these "Showguard" tweezers also from eBay here. They're nice, clean and long, although meant for stamps.

Hope this helps :)
Anybody who does have permission to post in the discussion area, please feel free to post the above on my behalf! I seem to think I meant to add something to it but it's now been so long, I've forgotten what, haha.

Caesarea

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2009
UK
Sorry to be so late in coming back to you...

Lu, I'm talking about this social group, for UK e-smokers, and SJ is the mod I think.

You could try Apostle again - if I'm not mistaken he has inherited the keys of the kingdom!

The post appears, to me only though, with the same message ApOsTle51 had: "this post is moderated". I give up on being unmoderated, LOL. Seems a bit daft though to have a social group where some of us can't partake... ahem... :)

Anyway, I'll post my reply here as it's no secret ;)

It was in reply to Caesarea's title: "DIY kits/bottles et cetera in the UK."
I replied on 23 April with this:
Anybody who does have permission to post in the discussion area, please feel free to post the above on my behalf! I seem to think I meant to add something to it but it's now been so long, I've forgotten what, haha.

Thanks Starlight, I posted your reply but had to cut it down to 1000 characters, so I hope you will forgive...
Some very very useful links, thanks so much!!

Best

C.

Starlight

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2009
UK
Thanks! :D

I know what you mean about the 1000 characters... I had to reduce it myself and it then fitted, exactly as I posted it above. So not sure why it didn't for you, but so what, it's there now and I don't mind at all about it being cut down. Thanks again :)

The only mod listed for this forum and group is SJ from what I can see... So, maybe he's just been not around for a (long?) while and there's nothing we can do about it but wait?

Caesarea

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2009
UK
Thanks! :D

I know what you mean about the 1000 characters... I had to reduce it myself and it then fitted, exactly as I posted it above. So not sure why it didn't for you, but so what, it's there now and I don't mind at all about it being cut down. Thanks again :)

Good - I was glad to get the links. Thanks!

The only mod listed for this forum and group is SJ from what I can see... So, maybe he's just been not around for a (long?) while and there's nothing we can do about it but wait?

I guess...I'm not that old a hand at things round here, Starlight, but I can see that the forum is expanding so fast that there must be 1001 problems to sort every 2 minutes.

Best,

C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread