modification to a modification

Status
Not open for further replies.

youfillintheblank

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2008
Ontario, Canada
If anyone remembers my battery box mod, it's gone up to heaven. It got switched on in my jacket pocket whilst grocery shopping. I didn't notice anything till I was checking out and felt warm air from somewhere.... needless to say it was a mess, the atomizer melted into the plastic and the batteries were smoking. So, pitch that, and go with version 2. I installed a push button switch taken from and old old CD player in addition to the slide switch that's on it already, shortened the wires, hot glued the switch and atomizer to the case, and presto. It's still ugly, but the 2 switch setup should make it a little safer. More comfortable to hold too. Just like the original, it vapes like crazy on 4 AA NiMH batteries.

aaa

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2008
Budapest, Hungary
Is the push-button in a recess? If not, it might still end up kept pressed accidentally for some hours.

Multifuse resistors are invented. Both switches can be ON for an unlimited time, and your atomiser is still cold all along, if a well-chosen multifuse is in the circuit.

(The fuse shall have a current rating between the minimum and maximum "vaping current", and then the fuse will kick in if that current flows for too long. Of course, it will not kick in at lower currents, but those currents do not produce excessive heat, either.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread