Mold?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mooreted

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2011
California
By the way, we're picking on the crazy person misleading you, not you.

Mold in your home or other environment can exacerbate upper respiratory problems but it doesn't "grow" in your lungs. I am sensitive to mold and it will send me into an asthma attack. Since I've been vaping I haven't had a single outbreak. I can't prove that vaping improved the situation, but my lungs are definitely more healthy.

Sent from my easy chair using brain waves.

VapinWolf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Grand Bay, Alabama USA
The OP was told 'got mold in lungs' not mold 'growing' in lungs.
Why not look at it from a possibility standpoint. If I leave a glass of tea out long enough (ie: forgot it and someone pushed it out of their way, ends up behind something until discovered) mold grows in it.
I have never left my juice out or set that long, but if one did would mold start growing? Inside a dirty tank/clearo/etc?
Is it impossible? Would mold spores be atomized?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

flintlock62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2012
Arkansas Delta
If I had mold in my lungs, I would be checking my house for potential problems. I worked once in pest control. Many houses have a mold problem.

As far as mold growing in juice, I'm not convinced on that. VG & PG are both anti-bacterial.

The OP was told 'got mold in lungs' not mold 'growing' in lungs.
Why not look at it from a possibility standpoint. If I leave a glass of tea out long enough (ie: forgot it and someone pushed it out of their way, ends up behind something until discovered) mold grows in it.
I have never left my juice out or set that long, but if one did would mold start growing? Inside a dirty tank/clearo/etc?
Is it impossible? Would mold spores be atomized?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Last edited:

fatttymagoo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2013
Rice Lake WI
I had the kinda the same issue with a coworker. She tried telling me that all the chemicals in the juice would give me tumors and cigarettes were safer. When I explained that the ingredients were in products we ingest, such as inhalers, she just blew it off. Don't understand how she got her facts backwards.

flintlock62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2012
Arkansas Delta
When we have new presidents, some keep trying to blame the old one's.

when people start vaping and then have health issues the first thing people tend to do is blame vaping (or whatever new habit you start).
as someone said, if it were true we'd have numerous reports of it here :)

flintlock62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2012
Arkansas Delta
She should give up eating most foods in that case. Have her read the labels on almost everything one buys.

I had the kinda the same issue with a coworker. She tried telling me that all the chemicals in the juice would give me tumors and cigarettes were safer. When I explained that the ingredients were in products we ingest, such as inhalers, she just blew it off. Don't understand how she got her facts backwards.

Sdh

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
U.S.
when people start vaping and then have health issues the first thing people tend to do is blame vaping (or whatever new habit you start).
as someone said, if it were true we'd have numerous reports of it here :)
So true! I don't think ecigs is the culprit as a primary exposure. Of course, if one is already exposed/lung compromised from mold/fungus it would be easy to blame a ecig. I rarely post in this type of thread.

I just did a google search on this subject. Most of the information about vaping/fungus is related to a topic that cannot be discussed here at ecf. It is caused by a powdery mildew from a actual plant. These folks hear/read about this....and translate it to e cigarettes....unreal.

Last edited:

psycheval

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2013
Forget
When every person in the health industry I've talked to about Ecigs stops telling me they are way better than analogs then I might think about it. Misinformation and hard headed people that know it all when they know nothing about it are the biggest issues I've faced. I put information in their face and they can't deny it then. Remember the base components PG and VG are used in medications. Be careful with where you get your nic and flavors there is much less fear here than in an analog. All of us had no problem with using a known killer, fear here should be non-existent.

egicn

ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2012
california
PG is anti bacterial so I really doubt that story. When it was cost effective PG was used in hospital ventilation systems to disinfect buildings. Also now used in certain lung operations and is a key ingredient in asthma inhalers.
I've also spoken to many Healthcare Professionals and although they gave me a heads up in regards to certain possible issues that may occur with vaping not one of them mentioned "mold" in the lungs"...Doctors, Dentists, Surgeons, Pharmacists, Dental Hygienists, Naturopaths, Smoking Cessation Experts...
Can you please tell me what you mean by other possible issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread