Molehill Mountain Art Drip Tips ---- 4 ---- We're Back!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

57chilicat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2011
McKinney, TX
I sent Doug your birthday wishes. Thanks! He had a pretty good day. The 'party' was nice, I think. I missed visiting with everyone for most of it, since Adrian and I were off playing in the paint. He was thrilled, though and had a great time!
Here are our masterpieces from the evening.... lol

Mine
View attachment 700745
Adrians
View attachment 700747

I think my kids and grandkids will be getting bowls and paintings for Christmas this year. Son might get a drip tip if he behaves himself. :sneaky:

Chili - it's so hard to have 'difficult to shop for' on your list! I have one of those, too. (Doug's mom.) I've come to the conclusion that it isn't my job to make her Christmas great. That's up to her. I'm a little worn out from trying to find the perfect gift and having her look like I gave her a box of driveway gravel. Maybe I should. The rest of us could place bets on whether it will get the standard reaction or something new. It could be a new Christmas party game! :lol:

I'm with you on going back to simpler. Or at least do the challenge my sister, Debbie and I used to do. We would pick a few categories (music, antique or kitchen, for example) and we had to find the best gift we could for $10 or less. It was actually a lot of fun. You got extra points if hit all the categories in one item. lol

Kat - come on over and sit by my woodstove. I'll even build a fire for you! I've successfully kept myself warm while Doug is at work. :cool:

Chooch, sounds like your granddaughter enjoys her Christmas money and with her setup, it would be hard to find things she doesn't have!

Beautiful artwork Kayte! And I love the 3 category idea! I think I am going to borrow that idea for myself and my two sisters :banana: I think it would be really fun :)
Keep that woodstove burning and toasty warm! It's been to warm here for a fire and the high tomorrow is in the 80s :eek:

Reactions: Katdarling

choochoogranny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
chattanooga, tn, usa
:) Good Sat. morning, Mountaineers. Had a minor potential disaster yesterday, but we were prepared ......Well, I was anyway.

Seems our gas furnace decided to not send signals to the thermostat. At first we thought it was the thermostat. Got out the "to do" list of things to check from the mfg. when stuff happens. Always check to see the power source is plugged in first which meant looking at the batteries in the thermostat.......which we couldn't remember when we last replaced. :blink: Replaced......and still a blank screen and non functioning furnace. Hubby going crazy. I'm calm. Gimme the thermostat. Find one old battery had left corrosion on one of the contacts. Scrape off, insert battery and, WHALLA!, we got temp numbers! Got to "strut my stuff" only because I know what to look for because of vaping. :cool:

........Only the furnace didn't turn on. :facepalm: Fortunately, the HVAC guys know us as we have furnace checked every year before use. (scared of gas) Hubby hurriedly makes call and our favorite tech is out in a couple of hrs. Condensation hose fell off of connection and water was filling drain pan. A rare occurrence but still happens. Easy, quick fix and we got gas heat. :thumbs:

Now relieved hubby wonders why I didn't join him in panic........Ha! He'd been hard working a good bit of the summer to have stacks and stacks of firewood available for enjoyment and in case of a real emergency need. We still had electricity for hot water heater and my little quartz heater by my kitchen chair .......and let's not forget those electrified throws.......besides living in the South........and if all else fails we've got cars with heaters that can take us to a motel !!!! We were covered six ways to Sunday and......he forgot. :p But he's an engineer and when a motor stops......it's an emergency! :shock:

Enough of us living on the "knife's edge". What about your plans for the weekend? Am looking forward to some new Kayte tips. USPS still has my last one, Sparkling Autumn for a month now and I'm getting itchy for a new one that will get here. :w00t:

57chilicat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2011
McKinney, TX
Morning Chooch! Wow what a time you have had. Who says women aren't resourceful :)
Thanks to Mr. Chili we have enough fire wood to get us through the winter months! It is still really warm here with temps in the high 60s today but I am looking forward to Wednesday. It is suppose to be in the low 50s and I have a smoked ham hock just begging to be put in a big pot of 15 bean soup! I love soup and stews in the winter and there is nothing better than a pot of beans and some yummy cornbread :rolleyes:
As for tips, I am holding my breath for a Xmas tip!Got my hopes up for a reindeer tip like the one you got last year or the year before Chooch. That one was sooooooo cute.
Have a great Saturday MM. I'm getting ready to go buy my Thanksgiving turkey and the rest of the groceries I need for this coming Thursday.

choochoogranny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
chattanooga, tn, usa
Am with you on those soups and stews, Chili. :drool: Easy, warm meals with corn bread.....Also, make enough for a couple of days in a row. :thumbs:

Looks like we married a couple of frustrated "woodmen" of the hunter/gatherer type......Although mine has never lived beyond the suburbs in his life. Ha! :p

Awwwww, you remembered my Reindeer tip. :) Got that and a Christmas tree one will have to pull out after Thanksgiving's over.......along with my Christmas sweatshirts. Don't decorate much anymore, but will wear "decorations" if I can. :laugh:

Hubby, grabbed the last 11 lb turkey at the store this week. Otherwise, the next size was going to be 18-20 lbs........for two people? Love turkey leftovers, but not weeks in a row. :ohmy: Will be first Thanksgiving meal I've cooked in quite a few years.......If you don't hear from me........:p

Reactions: 57chilicat

57chilicat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2011
McKinney, TX
Hope you having a good day Chooch! I have actually gotten some work accomplished. Chili is done, pot of pinto beans done, cornbread done and a yellow cake with funfetti icing done! Pork roast is thawing to go on the smoker tomorrow along with slaw and tater salad. I do believe I am settling into retirement and have become a cooking fool. But oldest son and family arrive tomorrow and will be here for a week so lots of food is needed.
Well, so much for my day! I think it's nap time :rolleyes:

choochoogranny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
chattanooga, tn, usa
Holy cow, Chili ! :drool: What a fun week you'll have. Remember doing the same thing some 30 years ago, but some family have passed and the kids are now in all kinds of directions too far. Would actually make up a menu for each day and cook as much as I could before hey got here, otherwise, would I spend their entire visit in the kitchen. After retiring from working outside the home, I became a "Suzy Homemaker" with a vengeance. Ha! The recipes tried, the never before baking. Small, skinny hubby "ballooned" to 160 lbs. and finally could wear a 32 "waist" pants.........LOL He was in heaven and happy that I was experimenting. .........However, it had to come to an end since getting too old to eat like that anymore. :cry: Enjoy, enjoy ! :thumbs:

57chilicat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2011
McKinney, TX
Just trying to stay ahead of the game! I have to be honest that the grands do wear us out. I love them so much but pops and I do get more tired now and late nights and the increase in decibels do take their toll :eek:
I do seem to be in the "Suzy Homemaker" stage but I have confidence that it won't last long :p

Kayte

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2012
NM, U.S.
www.molehillmountainart.com
Hi everyone! It's been a busy week... and today is only Monday. I think my weeks are happening on different days or something. :pervy: Doug didn't work 'at work' today, so he finally got some time in the shop to finish up my beautiful new batch of tips. YAY!
They're on the website now. :)
https://www.molehillmountainart.com

IMG_4453.JPG
IMG_4446.JPG
IMG_4437.JPG
IMG_4451.JPG
IMG_4445.JPG

choochoogranny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
chattanooga, tn, usa
Beautiful, Kayte !:hubba:

Think this is the time of year where we somehow enter a "time continuum." :?:......It starts with the "fall back" extra hour we got a couple of weekends ago 'cause we were going to need the extra time as it speeds up until Jan. 1 when it slams on the brakes and sends us hurling toward the couch with the velocity of a wet dishrag.......That's all I got. :facepalm:

57chilicat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2011
McKinney, TX
Morning MM. Getting ready for Thursday! I am cooking three turkeys this year and turkey number one is in the oven now another will go on the smoker tomorrow and gobble gobble number 3 will go in the oven Thursday morning! We always have turkey taco day the day after Thanksgiving and our boys look forward to taking home lots of turkey for sandwiches and leftovers.
There is nothing like turkey tacos with lots of salsa and guacamole! My sis also makes a cranberry salsa with cilantro and jalapeños that is super yummy!
Good thing I have stretchy pants!

Kayte

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2012
NM, U.S.
www.molehillmountainart.com
I think you're right, chooch. That and the older I get, the slower and more behind I get. The plus side is that I don't really care. ;)

So much turkey chili! They're all going to love it! I haven't done turkey tacos... sounds great! One of my favorites is a grilled sour dough, green chili, cheese and turkey sandwich. Oh my word. So good!

We ended up being invited to daughters inlaws for Thanksgiving and I took them up on it. I'm responsible for mashed potatoes and desserts that her mother in law can eat. Has to be both gluten and sugar free. That's just a tiny bit limiting! I can easily do sugar free and make really good desserts, but the gluten free is throwing me off my game.

I did get a little turkey that I'll cook for Doug and I, later. We like leftovers. lol I've never cooked one so small! I've always cooked mine upside down at low temp, all night and well into the next day. There'd be nothing left of this little thing. lol

• Agree
Reactions: daleron

choochoogranny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
chattanooga, tn, usa
I wouldn't have messed with such a small bird, Kayte, 'cept old "bubbyboy" wanted some giblet gravy. Reminds me so much of my grandfather whose favorite part of grandma's nine course meal was the gravy and biscuits. It also could've been because he rarely wore his ill fitting dentures.......Took an act of Congress to get him to put them in. :lol::lol::lol: However, hubby has all his teeth and plans on full courses. He keeps bringing all this food home, and it's not like we're starving. If you have a hard time zipping up your "stretchy" pants, you already know there's no lack of food. :p

Reactions: Katdarling
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread