Dec 14, 2013
SE PA

magicmyst

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
Raleigh, NC
I've never heard of this company, but their address appears to be a box at a UPS Store, which I don't find confidence inspiring.

18650batterystore.com has 'em on special for just about the same price:
Molicel P26A 18650 2600mAh 35A Battery - 18650 Battery Store
Thanks! Good catch on the address. I actually already purchased some from 18650battery, but being a compulsive bargain hunter I found this site after the fact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: stols001

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
When it comes to something that can blow up in my face in the most literal sense, I've always considered it wise to consider the definition of bargain rather carefully. The proposition changes somewhat when time off work, pain and suffering and possible funeral expenses are added to the equation, although I suppose the last of those wouldn't be my personal problem.

Not that there's any harm in asking questions. I'm glad to hear you've got your batteries from somewhere reliable.

magicmyst

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
Raleigh, NC
When it comes to something that can blow up in my face in the most literal sense, I've always considered it wise to consider the definition of bargain rather carefully. The proposition changes somewhat when time off work, pain and suffering and possible funeral expenses are added to the equation, although I suppose the last of those wouldn't be my personal problem.

Not that there's any harm in asking questions. I'm glad to hear you've got your batteries from somewhere reliable.
snl-church-lady.jpg

Reactions: stols001

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Routinely Check Your Battery Wraps and Insulation Rings for Damage -- Extremely Important!

The plastic insulation wraps are very fragile, so if you are not careful when installing/removing batteries from the mod/charger, that plastic can tear exposing the bare metal of the "can" or cell. That exposure of bare metal is what can create shorts to the battery. The insulation rings on the positive end of the battery also protect the can's metal surface from making contact with a metalic surface, also resulting in a short.

Batteries and charger may get warm to touch; that is relatively normal. Neither should feel hot to touch; not so hot that they become uncomfortable to hold for 30 seconds.

Are your battery wraps and insulator rings intact?

Why Repairing Batteries With Cracked Wraps Is Absolutely Essential

Battery tears

You might ask why do battery manufacturers use such a fragile wrap? Well, remember, the batteries we use for vaping were never intended to be used like we use them. They were designed to be used in battery packs for the auto industry and power tools...never intended to be removed and re-inserted frequently like we vapers do.

18650-battery-safety-4.jpg

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
Always buy genuine batteries from a known reputable vendor. Trying to get a 'deal' on something potentially this dangerous is stupid.
Never take liberties with batteries
Always use the right battery for the job. Know your batteries CDR and do not exceed it.
Regularly inspect your wraps and replace them if they have any damage

WwUcAFk.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread