The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Mom and Pop Open Again!!!

Discussion in 'Mom and Pop Vapor Shop' started by pwyll, Dec 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. pwyll

pwyll Vaping Master ECF Veteran

I just logged on to see if anything new had showed up on the site, as I occasionally do, and I saw a big banner I hadn't seen before:

We will be closing the store from December 23 through January 6 for vacation and inventory. If you need your order shipped before we leave, please order now through December 23 at noon EST. Thank you to all of our customers for your understanding. Merry Christmas!

I hadn't seen this earlier this week, and since I'll sometimes I'll go a week between logging in (I know, shame on me) I thought it might be a good idea to let people know that after this weekend it'll be a couple of weeks before you can order again--so if you were planning to put in an order after Christmas (or after New Years) you may want to go ahead and get cracking before Sunday!

Since I was thinking I may end up having to place an order while I was in Texas, I'm not going to take any chances...

Edit:
    Oh yes, they have something new, too.
    Vision Rebuildable Atomizer - Mom and Pop Vapor Shop
    I've not tried one myself, but from what I've read it's one of the better choices of the mass-manufactured rebuildables...

2. Scubac00da

Scubac00da Forum Supplier ECF Veteran

To anyone who missed this before we closed: We are still here. If there is an emergency - email tami@momandpopvaporshop.com with subject Mom and Pop Emergency (we get lots of spam so the subject is important). I will check those emails during our closing and will help as much as we can.

Everyone who orders before we close will get shipped out, no exceptions!

Enjoy your holidays! Thanks Everyone for everything you do for us!!!!

3. pwyll

Y'all try to relax during your (working) vacation--and have a joyous holiday season :)

4. Plumes.91

Plumes.91 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 30, 2012
    United States
    Enjoy your Holidays!!!

5. mattweed9

mattweed9 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 23, 2011
    Pittsburgh PA
    I did not know this before placing my order :( But I also understand everyone needs a break :)

6. pwyll

It was posted in very large letters on splash page of the site--and ended the day you posted.

That means if you didn't see it when you visited the site the vacation was already over and they were open again :thumb:

7. Aurora-Oblivion

Aurora-Oblivion Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 18, 2012
    Isle of the Wizards
    Title must be changed to include "For the Holidays"! :D

I think this thread has caught my eye about 10 times now, and each time I think it's meaning they are closing the doors for good.

8. pwyll

Didn't realize the thread title could still be edited this late. How's this?

:thumb:

9. Aurora-Oblivion

Nov 18, 2012
    Isle of the Wizards
    Ahh ya, sorry, I doubt you can without a mod doing it for you :(

10. Aurora-Oblivion

Nov 18, 2012
    Isle of the Wizards
    Haha, done by someone already! :D

And ya know, from the front page the new title caught my eye too, so that's a bonus! :)

11. pwyll

That's part of my being able to help out in this little part of the ECF world--I was just under the impression that after so many days it took an admin to change things.

Yep--that was me. I was trying to acknowledge that changing the title was your idea :)

12. Aurora-Oblivion

Nov 18, 2012
    Isle of the Wizards
    Ahh, so you changed it yourself eh? Cool, I didn't realize when we were talking that you were their Associate :D

Well thanks for being able to change it, now I'm not worried every time it's on the front page again :)

13. pwyll

I wanted to catch people's attention before the vacation started, so I entitled the thread a bit sensationalistically. But it was already a bit over-the-top by the time the vacation started on the 23rd. I thought about deleting the thread, but there was a bit of conversation going on and people tend to get a bit freaky when threads disappear.

But I really should have at least changed the title by the time the vacation was over on the sixth :oops:

14. Aurora-Oblivion

Nov 18, 2012
    Isle of the Wizards
    Well yes it did catch attention! I know when you first posted it I think I came to the thread 2-3 times in just a few days because the title kept catching my eye on the front page. Your right, people do freak out when threads disappear, mostly because they can't find them not really because they are upset so much :D

All fixed now though, thanks! Vape on :toast:

15. VaVaunt

VaVaunt Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 18, 2009
    Florida, USA
    Pwyll, you certainly did the right thing-not chaninging the thread's title. It did what was intended, and caught their eye. :)

16. pwyll

Well, once the vacation started I could have changed it to "on Vacation" rather than "Closing."

Would have been less scary and more accurate at the same time :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.