Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Chill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Sans Nom, USA
I just got 10mls of 5 layer, tobacco haze, bianca's bliss, and calipiter chow. Lazy man's approach to DIY. I've always wanted to try those flavors anyway and it's a super cheap way to go. Especially if I like any one of them.

They recommend 20% flavor but I'm not sold on going that high. Does anyone have any experience with their flavor concentrates? I want to mix a sample of each today and I'm not sure if I should go the full 20% out of the gate.

Yeah 20% seems high, especially since they are on the expensive side.
My advice would be to start around 10% and work your way up if needed.

I own 3 of them, and mix them at different % (and I usually like pretty strong flavors)
50/50 VG/PG

RY4 v2 @ 10%
tobacco Haze @ 15%
tobacco Praze @ 15%

IMO they are DELICIOUS flavors, Haze and RY4 v2 in particular.

Bob Chill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Sans Nom, USA
I just finished mixing. I went with my gut and went 15% on all 4. Since I vape 12mg I tend to go a bit higher pg to keep the throat hit intact.

I just dripped some haze after a hot water bath and shake. I can already tell 15% is on the money. Dang that stuff tastes good! @ 15% you can make 60mls for less than 12 bucks. Even though the flavor concentrate pricey compared to the big flavor companies I never mind paying for the art of another mixer.

I'm not in the vape world to save money. I'm in it to save my life. DIY is just a natural progression for me for the hobby aspect. I make all my own seasoning blends, rubs, and sauces in the cooking world. DIY feels like an extension of that. Love it.

Reactions: Robbert

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Even though the flavor concentrate pricey compared to the big flavor companies I never mind paying for the art of another mixer.

I'm not in the vape world to save money. I'm in it to save my life. DIY is just a natural progression for me for the hobby aspect. I make all my own seasoning blends, rubs, and sauces in the cooking world. DIY feels like an extension of that. Love it.

Exactly the way I look at it. I don't mind spending the money on this. It's fun and it will save my life. I used to spend $80.00 a week on cigarettes. For what I spend on DYI I'm still saving a bundle. And best of all my wife actually encourages me to spend on it. Not like the old days where I would here nothing but complaining from her when I bought cigs.

I think 15% was a good call, you'll have to keep us updated on the results after they steep!

It's great that Mom and Pop started to sell flavors for their entire juice range. They are a little bit pricier compared to the usual brands but well worth the money given they are quality, signature crafts. If a vendor like Halo did the same (unlikely) the concentrates would probably cost 3 times as much...

And I agree with you both, DIY is about much more than cutting costs (it gets actually more expensive when you buy flavors by the dozen!), it's a hobby by itself and a whole dimension of vaping enjoyment.

WallyO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Cicero,IL
I'll have to check them out again. I was hooked on a couple of their juices a while back before I started DIY. Guess I'll get some of their flavors now.

Edit: Just ordered Tob Dolce, Tob Haze, RY4 V2 and Caramel. Never tried the RY4 V2 but I did like the others and loved their Caramel for some reason.
I think you will be seeing other vendors go this same route. Makes sense from their end. IF the FDA squashes internet NIC sales they will still be able to sell their flavorings.

Last edited:

Bob Chill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Sans Nom, USA
I'm in love with tobacco haze. I did a double hot water bath and lots of shaking last night. I loaded a tank this morning and haven't put it down. 15% flavor is perfect for me it seems. If steeping brings out more flavor I would probably drop to 12%. I'm now fairly certain that the recommended 20% flavor from the vendor is too high for tobacco haze.

I'll update the thread with the 5 layer, calipiter chow, and bianca's bliss. I'm definitely letting them sit for a week and a daily shake.

I agree Wally. We're going to see more and more vendors offer specialty flavor mixes. Even if the FDA pushes this fall there are lots of folks with insurance policies in the freezer and that is also causing many folks to join the DIY subculture. I'm one of them and it's really easy to do if you just buy the right equipment and think things through. I can mix months worth of juice in an hour now and I'm pretty new. The demand is there for special pre-mixed flavors. That gap will be filled.

Last edited:

dchest02

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
Muskegon, MI
Just ordered three myself.

Haze
Crazy Ape
Citrus Tobacco

They stopped selling the Citrus Tobacco pre-mixed juice a while ago so I was happy to see that they are selling the concentrate. Going to mix them a 10-15% based on the recommendations here. I am also going to add a bit of menthol to the Citrus to try to mimic Camel's Mandarin Mint stinkies I used to smoke.

lilmrsyeti

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2013
Alabama
I've been tempted to get a couple of their flavorings. I've tried their calipiter chow ejuice. I read on all the reviews that that one tasted it's best after steeping at least a week. When I got it in, it smelled Oh so good. I could only let it steep for like 2 days and had to try it. Tried it and REALLY loved it. OMGoodness, it was good! So thought to myself...if it's this good now, can't wait till after a week steep time. Wished I wouldn't have done that. To me, it tasted nothing like it did when I first got it. I almost couldn't finish with it. Anyhow...just wanted to give you that heads up...you may want to try a small amount of it now...if you like it now, VAPE IT! LOL

Bob Chill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Sans Nom, USA
I took your advice mrs yeti and loaded a tank. Tastes just like a rice crispy treat with just a hint of cocoa or something like that. 15% flave seems to be the right call but it's hard to say. I'll work through the tank and see what I think. I only mixed 10mls so I'll let at least 5mls sit for a while and see if the tastes changes.

It's a nice vape so far but I like tobacco haze better. I have a bias for flavored tobaccos though so it's no surprise.

Bob Chill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Sans Nom, USA
I'm trying out the Bianca's Bliss with my igo-l and mech. @ 15% the flavor is probably too weak. I'm getting the pineapple/blueberry/pie crust flavors no problem but it's just a little light. If I had it in a regular tank like a davide/protank I'm pretty sure the flavor would be too weak. I have it mixed 60/40 pg/vg @ 12mg. This flavor is probably best enjoyed mixed differently if you are dripping or tanking. I'm going to mix some 20% flavor @ 50/50 for my igo and go 20% 60/40 for a tank. Likely spot on. I really do like this flavor and I'm not a big fruit vaper.

So, here's what I've found so far:

Tobacco Haze: perfect @ 15% flavor dripping or tank

Pchela's 5 Layer: 15% would be the minimum but I really like it at that strength

Calipiter Chow: 15% would be the max for me. I think I'll go 12 % next time. Pretty nice toasted marshmallow rice crispy treat thing going on. Good desertish vape. Definitely on the sweet side.

Bianca's Bliss: very nice blend of blueberry/pineapple with some crust going on. Not a sweet vape. Less sweet than calipiter chow. 20% flavor is likely the best combo.

I mix mostly 60/40 pg but any of these would kick nicely @ 50/50 or lower pg in a good RBA. I have my igo rigged as a dual coil @ 1.8ohms but I think I'm going to start building single micro coils @ 1.2 - 1.4 w/ cotton. I'm fairly certain that will outperform my current setup.

Jonathan Tittle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2013
Johnson City, TN, USA
xanderjuice.com
So this Calipiter Chow.....for those that have vaped it, give me a rating please :) (1-10, 10 being the highest). What do you like, dislike about it? I'm about to order some, but I really dislike chocolate, so before I do, I'd definitely like to know if you're finding chocolate notes, how strong / mellow they are.

Thanks!

Marjolein

Verified Member
Jul 22, 2013
Nederland
I have, haze, praze, bud's blend, ry4 v2, butterfly bait, tnt tobacco, pchela's famous 5.

My absolute favorite is ry4v2. Next up in line are bud's blend and haze.

The TNT tobacco is too vanilla-like for me, pchela's is really sweet but I like that one a lot when I mix it with a dry tobacco, praze I haven't tested yet.

Bob Chill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Sans Nom, USA
I can't really rate calipiter chow because I prefer tobacco vapes. It tastes exactly like a toasted marshmallow rice crispy treat. It might be chocolate making the toasted flavor but I dont think so. If there is a chocolate note its far in the background.

If you like a sweet vape and rice crispy treats then you will definitely like CC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread