• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Moms / Women

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friend of Atlas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
CT
Mirror, mirror on the wall, I've become my mother after all.

NOOoooooooooo!

At that age (pre & teen) I bet they do, but I wouldn't have traded of mine either.

Have you ever wonder why they say your kids will turn you gray and your grand kids will keep you young?
Both are true---maybe it's because I can spoil my granddaughter without having to face the ramifications.:)

Does that mean my hair will become brown again!! (please say yes:lol:) I'm halfway to grey and freakin' out... I'm mean I'm not even 40 yet!!

Nighthawk

ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
Southeast Texas
Ouch! too true. I have at least one that plans on staying home, hopefully more. I don't care if they never leave. Right now I have 2 away visiting Gma, 2 home and one in detention. I am going nuts with only 2 kids and me here in the house. It's too empty and quiet. The BF moved out 2 weeks ago. Going from 7 down to 3 is unplesant. There is no way I am going to deal with 'empty nest' very well at all. :(

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
George Carlin said it best about Martha Stewart, "Boy, I feel a lot safer now that she's behind bars. O. J. Simpson and Kobe Bryant are still walking around; Osama Bin Laden too, but they take the ONE woman in America willing to cook, clean, and work in the yard, and they haul her off to jail.................amazing.

Friend of Atlas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
CT
Motherhood-it means saying things you would have never thought of saying, like....."Don't put that up the dogs ....." or "What is that floating in the tub?"

I had to make 'house rules' I never thought I'd have to make. Like "No dancing in the bathtub" or " If it's not your finger, it doesnt' go up your nose" " I don't CARE if you're hungry, get OUT of the dog food bowl!"

To my then 6 yo "Don't point at people with your middle finger honey" and to the same kid 5 years later who came home saying he didn't want to use the word crap anymore, "Crack is not a good substitution for using the word crap, just use the word crap; it's safer than crack"

I hate ruining the innocence haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread