Mooch I'm in need of your expertise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lordron's_Drag

Mar 7, 2019
Karnes city, Texas
Can u tell me where if possible to find vape approved protected batteries 18650s. Or possible boards I could use to make some of my Sony's protected. I have a old mech mod with a non hybrid saftey device.

Attachments

• 15522370779361021710862362186580.jpg
    15522370779361021710862362186580.jpg
    872 KB · Views: 25

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I am not mooch, or even anything close. The ceremony to call the great mooch from his dreadful abode requires this mystic symbol: @Mooch

If you don’t want to bug him though they make drop in resettable fuses that look like thick coins.

I did find one https://www.myvaporstore.com/Bug-Safety-Fuse-by-Atmizoo-p/hemm-az-bg.htm
It seems a bit pricey though. These things used to go for just a few bucks. You may find a better deal elsewhere.

• Useful
Reactions: Baditude

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Can u tell me where if possible to find vape approved protected batteries 18650s. Or possible boards I could use to make some of my Sony's protected. I have a old mech mod with a non hybrid saftey device.

There aren’t any vape approved batteries but you might find some protected batteries at www.rtdvapor.com. Try posting your question to everyone also as users of protected batteries might see it and let you know where they bought theirs.

• Informative
    Reactions: bombastinator

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 26, 2012
    Texas
    Like Mooch said, RTD offers a couple Panasonic protected 18650's, they're button top.

To be more help we'd need clarification / more info.

I don't understand what you mean by " old mech mod with a non hybrid safety device."

Hybrid refers to non typical threading specifically between the tube & atomizer, (a specialized threading other than 510) .
    Your picture is confusing, it appears to be a hybrid threaded atty, though I'm not aware of an authentic TOBH being offered in hybrid threading other than as a unit. Meaning tube, firing switch & atty all in one.

Lordron's_Drag

Mar 7, 2019
    Karnes city, Texas
    Lol actually before I got into "trouble" and was sent away I received my batchelors in cit, computer information technology. I have a project I've been working on a new design for a regulated mod chip I'm about 15% into it. only battery cda identify and safety protocols. It's about 1500 pages of code hahahah hit me up in 2025 I should have TC mode ready by then

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Like Mooch said, RTD offers a couple Panasonic protected 18650's, they're button top.

To be more help we'd need clarification / more info.

I don't understand what you mean by " old mech mod with a non hybrid safety device."

Hybrid refers to non typical threading specifically between the tube & atomizer, (a specialized threading other than 510) .
    Your picture is confusing, it appears to be a hybrid threaded atty, though I'm not aware of an authentic TOBH being offered in hybrid threading other than as a unit. Meaning tube, firing switch & atty all in one.
    Apparently someone gifted him an old non hybrid mech who’s atty is stuck hard into it’s cap. He rather reasonably treated the atty/cap as a single object and managed to confuse and shock the heck out of some less educated vapers including myself. Someone also managed to figure out the make and model of the thing. It’s on another thread.

Reactions: MacTechVpr

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 26, 2012
    Texas
    Here it is the devil's vape
    From the picture referenced in the above quote;
    If it is a clone, it certainly could be one piece / non removable / not able to break down further.
    They were a tight press fit, not threaded.

If authentic TOBH, which are rare in true hybrid.
    To disassemble the atty itself, you hold the brass piece protruding for the bottom, grasp the deck / posts & unthread.
    If it doesn't come a part by simply unthreading most likely it is press fit fastech/ali cheapo special.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Stuck the damn thing is welded on I had it in a vice and some channel locks, no bueno
    Standard solutions are penetrating oil (such as wd40) and if that doesn’t work the next step is heat. The last one can be dicey especially since this is apparently painted metal. You very well might end up with a crushed atty and a mod cap of an entirely different color.

One thing you might try first is a hot water soak. It’s possible the problem is congealed juice. It might be possible to hydrate it.

Lordron's_Drag

Mar 7, 2019
    Karnes city, Texas
    The OP uses a AR true hybrid mech from TAC mods.

He is not experienced vaper I am afraid he is playing dangerously with it.
    btw mule I'm no fool I only put a battery in it and a premaid 1.5nohm coil just to see if it worked, it did I took it completely apart afterwords. I would never use this device without the proper education.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread