Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
From what I've seen it appears to be original my buddy the person who bought it swears it's not a cheap copy. Says he's looking for the box and dog tags that came with it. Swears to have paid 250 for it, he has never told me any story's.
That thing looks like a regular mod now that the center pin isn’t sticking out half an inch. Real or clone it should function about the same. Clones generally have worse voltage drop and occasionally dangerous cheapnesses. That last is pretty rare though. My personal suggestion: keep the thing around. You may want for whatever reason get into mechs in the future, and that thing with a drop in fuse in it looks to me to be just about as safe as mechs get.

Skunk!

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Las Vegas
AR mods are solid devices. 250 for an authentic sounds about right if bought at a B&M Back then. It is a standard 510 with a 2 piece adjustable pin. In the future, to remove the atty, loosen the 510 pin a bit and it should come off easily. I am not sure it would have helped with that one with how rusted on it was. A modern single coil 22mm atty would be real nice on that RDA or RTA, your choice. Most kicks are 15mm in height which means you would have to use 18500 batteries in it so it will all fit. If you study up and are careful to check your builds, you should be fine using authentic 18650s without a kick. That mod is not a hybrid and is one of the safer of the old mech tubes. I would disassemble and clean and inspect every part of it including the button assembly before using it. You want to make sure everything is in good working order.

Skunk!

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Las Vegas
It utilizes a proprietary atty and mech hasn't top cap with 510 connection.So can this mod not be a hybrid?
He got the atty off. It was it was just stuck on the top cap of the mod really good.
15522675912291219113442690436185.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread