Mooch Poll: What is most important to you in a new battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    E-Moli One Energy Corp (Molicel) wants to challenge their engineers next year to make a lithium-ion cell better suited for vaping.

What is the one most important thing you’d like to see done in a new cell? Not the wrapper added by the rewrappers or vendors, or what’s on it, but what would you want the bare cell from the factory to have?

Molicel wants to know what’s important to you. (Click the link to the left)

We would all probably want several of the things listed to be done but pick just one, the most important thing to you.

When you have finished you can see the results of everyone’s votes and even come back later to see the results after more have voted.

I’ll post the results later, just in case you can’t easily read the pie chart and chart legend on a mobile device.

Thank you!

Mooch

Last edited:

mimöschen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 15, 2016
    As they already have a very good 18650 and 21700 in their portfolio, another 20700 that reaches or exceeds the performance of the elusive Sanyo 2070C would be a nice addition, because there are a lot of 20700-mods that don't take 21700s.

That said, wouldn't be reducing the IR the best choice for cellperformance, considering that this would result in higher CDR, better cyclelife and lower temperatures without sacrificing mah?

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    As they already have a very good 18650 and 21700 in their portfolio, another 20700 that reaches or exceeds the performance of the elusive Sanyo 2070C would be a nice addition, because there are a lot of 20700-mods that don't take 21700s.

That said, wouldn't be reducing the IR the best choice for cellperformance, considering that this would result in higher CDR, better cyclelife and lower temperatures without sacrificing mah?
    Make that your choice. :)

Reactions: stols001

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Shouldn't they be working towards all those goals anyway?

That would be nice. Some are mutually exclusive though, others will take up to years to do. Almost all will probably add cost though so knowing which one(s) the market wants most helps them choose the ones to work on first.

Reactions: Baditude

mimöschen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 15, 2016
    Make that your choice. :)
    I already did before posting;)

That would be nice. Some are mutually exclusive though, others will take up to years to do. Almost all will probably add cost though so knowing which one(s) the market wants most helps them choose the ones to work on first.
    That's why I actually asked, if lowering the IR would yield the most benefit compared to some of the other choices.
    Or is lowering the IR that much harder to accomplish than to just crank up the mah/Wh or CDR?

Reactions: Mooch

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 29, 2017
    Bolton, England
    My point is, if the poll is heavily in favour of something that's more difficult to achieve then they will work on something that's easier making the poll just more for public relations than of much use.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    I already did before posting;)

That's why I actually asked, if lowering the IR would yield the most benefit compared to some of the other choices.
    Or is lowering the IR that much harder to accomplish than to just crank up the mah/Wh or CDR?

Capacity is easy, just use a bigger can or thinner electrodes. But the current rating goes down then. Reducing the IR increases the size and cost of everything. The market won’t always accept that.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    My point is, if the poll is heavily in favour of something that's more difficult to achieve then they will work on something that's easier making the poll just more for public relations than of much use.

Perhaps. Unless they say yes to the hard-to-do stuff because they actually do want to challenge their engineers and create a product that helps them stand out in this crowded market.

But would any of those things in the poll be bad to do?

mimöschen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 15, 2016
    Perhaps. Unless they say yes to the hard-to-do stuff because they actually do want to challenge their engineers and create a product that helps them stand out in this crowded market.

But would any of those things in the poll be bad to do?
    I think it's very nice to see that there's finally a company that recognizes vapers as viable customers, no matter if they do the poll just for PR or not.

With their formidable upcoming 21700 and 18650 they already offer excellent alternatives to the cells manufactured by the Big4.
    Their 20700 isn't bad at all either, but it definetively has room for improvement and considering that with Sanyo there's only one competitor, that would be the biggest chance to score for them imo.
    The chance to get a 25A 6000mah 18650 would be nice for sure as well, but I think that's more wishful thinking than anything else due to the physical limitations.
    "Exotic" formats like 26650 or 20350 won't have too much customers to pay off in the end, because mods utilizing those are more of a niche product.

Robin Becker

ECF Veteran
    Feb 3, 2018
    Berlin
    I think it's very nice to see that there's finally a company that recognizes vapers as viable customers, no matter if they do the poll just for PR or not.

Agree for 100%, however we have to admit, that some few more important factors are involved:

1. How competative the price of Molicel in comparison to other alternative products will be?
    2. Would the retailers out there care about Molicel intention and would promote that, or just keep on selling, what the customers are asking for?

I personally prefer to us a battery that comes from a manufacturer, that have my needs and wishes in mind...however am I in the majority?

mimöschen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 15, 2016
    Moli's not some backyard company, but quite a name in the industry and their 20700A is a reliable lowbudget cell with decent performance, that's available for half the price of the Sanyos. I'd happily pay a dollar or two more, if their new 20700 would come close to or equal the performance of their Sanyo counterparts.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 8, 2010
    Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
    MisterFusion.gif

Needs to be more compact, though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread