Big Juicy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Placentia, CA
Company name
Moondrop​
Date of your initial complaint to the supplier.
26 August 2013​
How did you contact the supplier
Website ticket system​
Ticket number (if you were issued one)
7457447​
General nature of complaint
Customer service​
Briefly describe your problem or issue
A complete MIA by Moondrop. History as follows:

8/20: Order placed. Received an "order received" email as well as an "Invoice" email: Invoice 1612

8/21-8/25: nothing

8/26: Attempted to login to the account I created with order, could not do so. Used website's "forgot password" function and it emailed me a blank username and a password that was a giant website url. Weird and unuseable.

8/26: Attempted to contact Moondrop via their "Contact" link. Received confirmation email that included a "case number" 7457447

8/26-8/30: no response of any kind

8/30 - left Moondrop a voicemail with my name, invoice #, and cell phone number at phone number from their website

8/30-9/9 - no response of any kind

9/10 - saw completely redesigned website was launched. What the heck? Sent message through website on the contact page. Also emailed the support address provided on the website contact page, but that email bounced back a "failed permanently." I also left them another voicemail.

9/10-9/19 - still no response of any kind. Now over 4 weeks since order placed

9/19 - They are obviously doing SOMETHING over there, because website has undergone more updates including a notice for World vape Day today.

Overall: I have sent emails, used their website contact link/ticketing system, and left 2 voicemails and have not received a single response on my order from 8/20.

Big Juicy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Placentia, CA
Holy crap. Moondrop finally responded to my order from 8/20 on 9/21. It still doesnt addrtess not returning PHONE CALLS for a month, but I appreciate the response for sure:

Dear Big Juicy,

Last month we encountered a system failure with the e commerce solution that hosted our site, and our entire admin. functionality went down. It was no longer capturing the details entered by the customer, so orders weren't being processed and were showing up blank, as were contact forms and register forms. We tried to get the site back up with them, but in the end we had to rebuild the entire site under a different e commerce solution, Shopify. We're up and running again, and are now reaching out to all those affected.

I'm very sorry it took so long to get back to you. The task as a whole was so overwhelming and unexpected that we had to process this in an ordered fashion. We've managed to collect data of who placed orders only from those who attempted to contact us after the fact, but we have no records of what you attempted to purchase. Your payment information wasn't captured either, so there wasn't any charge processed.

I'm sorry for all the inconvenience, and more so for the personal time that you had to invest in the pursuit for support from us, for any feeling of disrespect, and for the disappointment you must have been left with. We had to address this step by step or we would've made an even bigger mess of things. I don't mean that as an excuse, but you deserve an explanation of our intentions and why it took so long.

I don't know if we can express an apology strong enough that will leave you satisfied, but we really want to try. We've created a $50 spending credit for you to use on our new site. Also, in case you decide to return afterwards, we've created a second code that gives you a 25% discount on every order you make from now until the end of the year.

$50 spending code: *******

25% discount code: *******

If there's anything you feel we can do to properly express the respect you deserve, we would very much like to know. Thank you.

Sincerely,
Paul

Paul Poole
Owner, Moondrop Inc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread