More Battery Q's!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked this in the new member forum, but it got burried quick. :( I'll try once more here.

So I'm looking for batteries to use with my VTR and a mech mod I'm probably going to run with a Kick 2. I'm getting that I need some IMR's. My questions are:

1) Besides longer battery time as a plus, is there any disadvantage to using a 2000mAh over a 1600mAh?

2) If my mod is Nemesis style, do I still need to pick up an 18490/18500. If so, which one fits best?

3) Button top or flat top?

4) Will the ultra drain hybrid/imr work with a Kick 2?

5) Would I ever want to run a protected battery?

6) What other questions should I have asked you experienced vapers? :)

Thnx for helping this newb! :vapor:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
So I'm looking for batteries to use with my VTR and a mech mod I'm probably going to run with a Kick 2. I'm getting that I need some IMR's. My questions are:

1) Besides longer battery time as a plus, is there any disadvantage to using a 2000mAh over a 1600mAh?
As you said, a 2000mAh battery will have longer battery time than a 1600 mAh battery. However, there are more important specs to a battery than just the mAh rating. If a high drain battery, a 1600 mAh battery will have a higher amp rating than a 2000 mAh battery, which is important for sub-ohm rebuilding. Other factors include the battery's internal resistance.

2) If my mod is Nemesis style, do I still need to pick up an 18490/18500. If so, which one fits best?
I can't speak specifically about the Nemesis. Often you will need to drop down a battery size when you use a Kick as it takes up some room in the battery compartment. There is essentially no difference between an 18490 and 18500.

3) Button top or flat top?
Unless the mod manufacturer states otherwise (ie Provape requires button top IMR batteries for the Provari), it shouldn't matter.

4) Will the ultra drain hybrid/imr work with a Kick 2?
Yes; the Kick requires any IMR high drain battery.

5) Would I ever want to run a protected battery?
Not that I can think of. Always use a safe chemistry battery (IMR or hybrid) over a protected ICR (Li-ion)

6) What other questions should I have asked you experienced vapers? :)
  • What about battery chargers? Just as important as the battery. Pila, Xtar, and Nitecore are recommended brands.
  • Should I carry my batteries in a pocket or purse? No, use a plastic battery case to avoid contact with metal such as keys or coins.
  • A trustworthy vendor to purchase high quality battery & charger? RTD Vapor
  • When in doubt, is there a specific battery you can recommend as a general purpose mod battery for both mechanical and regulated mods? AW IMR (Li-Mn) batteries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread