More Changes! NOW 25% Flavoring Base - Screw Steeping!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaysunR

Jun 11, 2014
Atlanta, GA, US
Yeah I ordered around the time the site was being changed and I notice more flavor in the juices I ordered which was great. Sadly last month What I ordered was so light i barely tasted the flavor, what I could faintly taste was good, but felt like I was almost vaping non flavored juice. Even trying now a month later, steeping didn't help it. Currently I am having an issue with 2 15ml's of the Vanilla Cola that I ordered last week as it leaves a burned rubber taste after a couple of hits. It's what I'd imagine burned cola would probably taste like. Not using low ohms or high volts/watts either. The RY4 I can only taste what seems to be a very Vanilla extract like Vanilla, no tobacco or Caramel, I got 30ml + another 15ml ( I order for myself and a family member) of it that is like that from my recent order. On the bright side the Peachy Strawberry is awesome and the Peach Milk Shake is equally as great. I wrote to the site but I suppose things must be busy.

atroph

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Chesapeake, VA
Yeah I ordered around the time the site was being changed and I notice more flavor in the juices I ordered which was great. Sadly last month What I ordered was so light i barely tasted the flavor, what I could faintly taste was good, but felt like I was almost vaping non flavored juice. Even trying now a month later, steeping didn't help it. Currently I am having an issue with 2 15ml's of the Vanilla Cola that I ordered last week as it leaves a burned rubber taste after a couple of hits. It's what I'd imagine burned cola would probably taste like. Not using low ohms or high volts/watts either. The RY4 I can only taste what seems to be a very Vanilla extract like Vanilla, no Tobacco or Caramel, I got 30ml + another 15ml ( I order for myself and a family member) of it that is like that from my recent order. On the bright side the Peachy Strawberry is awesome and the Peach Milk Shake is equally as great. I wrote to the site but I suppose things must be busy.

Jaysun, What flavors are you having issues with in regards to "lightness"? I too noticed that the Watermelon flavor is fairly light although very natural tasting. It doesn't help that I was vaping anti-venom or straw-peach just before trying the watermelon. I gave my rig a dryburn and rewick and boom there was the watermelon flavor. Light IMO but it was there.

Now for the Vanilla Cola I can attest that it is very rough on coils and the burnt rubber taste is more than likely coil fouling. I experienced this as well and had to dry-burn and rewick to get the flavors back in line. I have also discovered that Walt's flavors that contain chocolate also do this. I normally can go about 3-5mL before I have to clean my coils with anything chocolate. I would assume the same is with the colas as they are quite dark. I have moved to exclusively drip the colas and chocolates as the coil cleaning process is a lot simpler for me vice cleaning out a clearo coil unit. I'd suggest doing a dryburn and see if your yummy flavors return.

Here is a cola rig that needed cleaning:

aja4epab.jpg

This is twisted 32ga run at lower power setting and it still funked the coil pretty bad. It tasted great until the coil fouled.

Last edited:

JaysunR

Jun 11, 2014
Atlanta, GA, US
Jaysun, What flavors are you having issues with in regards to "lightness"? I too noticed that the Watermelon flavor is fairly light although very natural tasting. It doesn't help that I was vaping anti-venom or straw-peach just before trying the watermelon. I gave my rig a dryburn and rewick and boom there was the watermelon flavor. Light IMO but it was there.

Now for the Vanilla Cola I can attest that it is very rough on coils and the burnt rubber taste is more than likely coil fouling. I experienced this as well and had to dry-burn and rewick to get the flavors back in line. I have also discovered that Walt's flavors that contain chocolate also do this. I normally can go about 3-5mL before I have to clean my coils with anything chocolate. I would assume the same is with the colas as they are quite dark. I have moved to exclusively drip the colas and chocolates as the coil cleaning process is a lot simpler for me vice cleaning out a clearo coil unit. I'd suggest doing a dryburn and see if your yummy flavors return.

Here is a cola rig that needed cleaning:

aja4epab.jpg

This is twisted 32ga run at lower power setting and it still funked the coil pretty bad. It tasted great until the coil fouled.

Yeah the ones that were light but had a faint pleasant taste were the Grape and Mixed Berry, this was about a month before the flavor increase though so hopefully those are better now. I agree the little bit of flavor I could taste was very natural, not artificial at all, but I couldn't taste it only sense it via nose exhale. I did get the Peachy Strawberry fruit wise this month and is a lot better with flavor, a little steeping is helping, I'd definitely get that one again and with extra flavor. Very natural and the Peach and Strawberry play well together. Same with the Peach Milkshake, with the flavor change it's great I'd personally get extra flavor in that one too for personal preference.

Yeah as far as the Vanilla Cola, I've tried them on new coils in Clearomizers and in newly wrapped coils in RDA's. It's tricky the first couple of hits (normal hits not deep lung hits either) I can definitely taste Vanilla Cola and it's really nice. But after a few more hits totally turns to a burned taste regardless of what i use it in. At that rate I would have to clean coils multiple times daily. I agree the Vanilla Cola I got is very dark, in a mini protank 2 can't see any of the internals or through the other side.

JaysunR

Jun 11, 2014
Atlanta, GA, US
yuck ! I got vanilla cola so will try that next to see what's up.

Let us know how your's came out.

Also I in no way am putting down the juice Walt/Killer Juice makes in anyway. I am just speaking on my experience with before and after flavor changes. Things I ran into that may have been an isolated case. If anything I want to give feedback because I really do enjoy the natural flavors and am ready to try more and hope to help improve with feedback.

demlevis

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2014
Omaha, NE
I only use basic gear (ego-type spinners and mostly iclear 16s) but I have noticed that some juices will mess up coils faster than others. I usually run the same flavors for a week before cleaning, but sometimes don't make it that long. I have 4-5 flavors in tanks with me and it works out to somewhere around 4-9ml, depending on how much I vape a particular flavor and how much I drip random flavors in the 510 atty at night.

I haven't paid any attention to whether pg/vg ratio makes a difference, but darker juices (shakes, custards, chocolates) tend to leave more residue. The ones that have surprised me are Swedish Fish and bomb pop. It might be because I've been going through bomb pop like there's no tomorrow, but both of these seem to foul the coils faster than many of the darker juices.

krisjay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 20, 2014
Maine
I also have been flying through Bomb Pop, just such a clean vape, but as was said you may have to rewick more often then usual, but that's fine, as was also said, cotton is cheap. They were running a buy one get one free sale at Rite Aid for 80 ball bags of Organic cotton balls. I stocked up enough for the end of the world.

JaysunR

Jun 11, 2014
Atlanta, GA, US
Gear wise I mainly use a MVP2 Regulated device that does Variable Wattage and Variable Voltage and a X6 which is an ego style Adjustable Voltage battery. As far as tops, majority of the time I use Kanger EVOD's and Mini Protank 2's, thicker and darker juices give clearomizers a hard time. As far as RDA's I mainly use a Caterpillar and Patriot. I use both Cotton and Silica Wick (not at the same time).

@Walt yeah the Vanilla Coke seems a bit heat sensitive and it's very dark, mixed with a higher VG it will clog coils very fast. I agree the Swedish fish was unbelievable, I've had another Vendors Swedish Fish, but nowhere near as good as Killer Juices. Also someone used a word I use often when describing Killer Juice, "clean", the juices taste very clean which is a good thing. I got tired of running into juice that had a strong corn or perfume taste from other vendors. Right now I can't get enough of the Peachy Strawberry and Peach Milkshake. After a week it settled in and is really coming through nicely. The RY4 I'm still having a problem with flavor wise though.

One Tip to those who use clearomizers, especially with fruit and natural juices, when you get low on a tank drain the rest of it out instead of refilling over it. I notice from most places fruit juices or natural juices caramelize fast and become thicker/darker causing more coil gunk.

JaysunR

Jun 11, 2014
Atlanta, GA, US
I have a different vanilla I could try using. I will play around and see if I can lighten up the flavor colors for you :D

Nice! Is it the same Vanilla in the RY4 by any chance, cause in that one the Vanilla dominates a lot, hard for me to taste any tobacco or caramel. It's weird with the Vanilla Cola, it tastes dead on like Vanilla Cola first few hits, but I can't place which is getting burned after that.

a wandering soul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2014
North Carolina
No worries, I am just sitting here listening quietly. As most people know, when it comes to equipment I am a bit lost. I am a juice guy ha!

what equipment do you guys use around the lab/office to taste test the juices? just curious and the whole inquiring minds want to know bit. if it were me (and it certainly isnt) i think id try to test on a couple different types of atomizers. clearomizers as they are the most common and are what a large percentage of your buyers have, rba/rtas, something like a kayfun, as this is a good example of what many users upgrade to and provides more flavor and is almost always on batteries that have the option of different watts or volts (whether it be through a regulated mod, or the coils people build), and lastly on an rda to see what straight dripping tastes like. drippers are the least large percentage of your customers, but they go through the most juice of the bunch, and tend to be pretty loyal to what they like.

bet thats a bunch of stuff not wanted... sorry..

Walt83

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2013
United States
what equipment do you guys use around the lab/office to taste test the juices? just curious and the whole inquiring minds want to know bit. if it were me (and it certainly isnt) i think id try to test on a couple different types of atomizers. clearomizers as they are the most common and are what a large percentage of your buyers have, rba/rtas, something like a kayfun, as this is a good example of what many users upgrade to and provides more flavor and is almost always on batteries that have the option of different watts or volts (whether it be through a regulated mod, or the coils people build), and lastly on an rda to see what straight dripping tastes like. drippers are the least large percentage of your customers, but they go through the most juice of the bunch, and tend to be pretty loyal to what they like.

bet thats a bunch of stuff not wanted... sorry..

I use a kayfun myself and rebuild. As for everyone else here they are given a budget of $250 and can buy whatever they want. All we ask is that they report back. Some people have 10 basic evod kits, to some that like to drip ha.

(Personally I look at their setups and go huh)

Work for Killer Juice, free juice, free equipment, and hey it is fun to work here too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread