The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

More Changes! NOW 25% Flavoring Base - Screw Steeping!

Discussion in 'Killer Juice' started by Walt83, Aug 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. JoyPeace

JoyPeace Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 11, 2014
    Philadelphia ,USA
    At 22 minutes in chain vaping it is now burnt and not vapable .

2. atroph

atroph Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 23, 2014
    Chesapeake, VA
    How is your EVOD setup? Stock? Wider airholes? Silica, Rayon, OC, Raymie, mesh, or ekowool wicks? Was the coil unit and wick fresh? Ohms of said coil?

Just curious. I have a T3s that is naked that I can coil and wick to give it another whirl. Just got sidetracked as I have a ton of flavors on my desk right now.

IMO I don't think it is the Vanilla just yet. It may be the cola flavoring as all of my colas are super dark.

Edit: just loaded up with 3mL and will see how it does in a fresh build. This juice is daaaarrrrk! Reminds me of a Guinness as you can't see through the other side of the glass (tank).

3. Shellie

Shellie Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 14, 2014
    Poconos
    Waiting in the wings in PA! :)

4. JoyPeace

Apr 11, 2014
    Philadelphia ,USA
    My Evod is brand new . I do not mess with them . I mostly use tanks I consider disposable as life is complicated enough without adding that . I do love this clover overlord though best vv and it fits ego lanyards .I have an mvp 2 but pushing that button gets rough over time.

5. demlevis

demlevis Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 20, 2014
    Omaha, NE
    2X - this is worth repeating...I find this to be true with all but the 'clearest of clear' juices. I must admit, though, sometimes I'm too lazy or in too much of a hurry to travel from the man cave to the kitchen sink to drain the clearo, so I will just top it off...

6. demlevis

Mar 20, 2014
    Omaha, NE
    Do you have any issues with the cotton causing an 'off' flavor? mountainbikermark taught me how to re-wick protank coils with cotton yarn (peaches and cream) and says he gets really good flavor; I swear all I can taste is the yarn...

7. demlevis

Mar 20, 2014
    Omaha, NE

Three words - "best. boss. ever."

What krisjay said, for Omaha instead of Maine. I'd consider distribution/reseller rights too...need a sales guy?

If nothing else, I wish I lived closer to Michigan so Walt could show me how to build coils. Just haven't gotten into it yet -

a) Don't want to spend a mint on a good vv/vw hybrid mod (ProVari? Y'all can keep right on loving yours, but not a chance I'm spending that kind of money unless it cooks & cleans too)

b) ditto for RBAs/RDAs/RTAs;

c) too many choices for a & b - I vapor lock on what I want and what is good value for the money

d) don't want to spend valuable leisure time coiling tiny wires, torching them, and whatever else it takes to build coils;

e) I would likely get frustrated messin' with fine wire, wicks, tiny terminal screws, etc. (You should have seen me wicking pt2 coils with yarn - you'd either have been really amused or horrified, not sure which.)

f) not sure it's even worth all that - I only bought PT2s because I heard stories of the amazing flavor people got out of them, and I swear I get better flavor from iClear 16s and iClear 30Ss...and the PT2s seem to really burn through coils fast.

In fact, I almost switched to disposable clearos just for convenience' sake after realizing that I could buy them online for about the same as an iClear 16 replacement coil costs at the B&M stores.

8. JoyPeace

Apr 11, 2014
    Philadelphia ,USA
    I am an i clear fan as well . I have tried a bunch of these tanks everyone loves and I just don't get it . There is no way I can fiddle with tiny tank parts so I can't make them better then as is . I have been playing around with different tanks from fastttech and every time I order disposables along with whatever else . With the prices at fasttech I can afford to make most things disposable.

9. a wandering soul

a wandering soul Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Feb 27, 2014
    North Carolina
    Its the difference between manual and automatic transmissions. You can get more out of a manul but you have to do more work and learn how. I can't use clearos anymore tbh. It doesn't scratch the itch. To me the time it takes to wrap a piece of wire around a toothpick 4-6 times twist a screwdriver a few times and thread a piece of cotton or rayon through that coil is worth it to me just in.savings alone. (you can build hundreds off coils for the price of one store bought coil that may our may not be made correctly (anything from muted taste to doa)) but the taste and vapor benefits make it near impossible to go back to anything premade... Although I need to try bvc coils as I hear they are comparable.

If I get a gunked up coil I can yank the wick and dry fire the coils, rewick and gunk it up all over again.. For a penny? And about 1 minute of time. No more waiting for coils to arrive in the mail or paying jacked up rates,at the b &,m... To me its so very worth it.

But i'm certainly not everyone. I understand wanting easy. I understand being satisfied. And i understand not fixing something that isn't broken. I also understand the subjective nature of taste and preference.

Guess if you are happy I am.happy. My suggestions were to.try to make as many people happy as,possible is all.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

10. JaysunR

JaysunR Full Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Atlanta, GA, US
    lol I hear ya, also that juice when caramelizes can taste so good but so bad for the coil

11. JaysunR

JaysunR Full Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Atlanta, GA, US
    Yeah the burning taste makes me think it might be the Cola also, It is what I would imagine burning cola to taste/smell like. Kind of a burning rubberish smell.

12. Kemosabe

Kemosabe Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Sep 21, 2011
    Roe Dylin
    to me it just sounds like a gunked coil. darker juices gunk faster. i have a super dark juice from another vendor that gunks a coil in no time. approx 0.5ml is all it takes and boom, theres a noticeable layer of gunk on the coil. more air tends to delay the gunking, so all you lung-hitters, have at it. but at the end of the day, sounds like its just a regular old dirty coil thats occurring. dry burn, replace, re-wick, or exercise whatever your means are to start fresh and you should be good to go IMO.

13. JuRuKi

JuRuKi Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 6, 2013
    SoCaL
    I just ordered Banana Milkshake! I use a Kayfun to vape. Does their banana flavoring crack tanks? I heard some bananas can crack plastic?
    thx!

14. luke213

luke213 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 2, 2014
    Up
    I've never heard of anyone with a problem cracking a kayfun tank. I use tank cracking juice in mine all the time without any issues. Can't guarantee anything but I wouldn't worry about it.

Luke

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk

15. demlevis

Mar 20, 2014
    Omaha, NE
    Walt actually tests for tank cracking. Of course he can't test every brand...

There have only been a handful of KJ flavors that have been reported to crack tanks, at least in the forum. I can't remember the full list, but I don't think any are in the current lineup.

[Edit/correction follows]

Did a little search through past posts and found the flavors that have been reported as plastic or polycarbonate tank crackers:

Cinnamon Red Hot
    Key Lime
    Venom
    Banana Milkshake
    Lemonade

Walt reformulated lemonade after the beta flavor cracked tanks. Not sure if he's received any new reports since then.

In general, cinnamon and citrus flavored juices like to crack or cloud tanks. I've run Banana Milkshake, Venom, Key Lime, and Lemonade in my iclears without any issue. I haven't loaded one with cinnamon red hot yet, mostly because I like hot cinnamon flavors in the winter and I've been vaping the heck out of lemonade, dews, and fruits this summer.

16. krisjay

krisjay Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 20, 2014
    Maine
    I have tried pretty much every tank out there. Saying that, the difference in flavor and vapor production, since having gone to mech mods and RDA/RTA/RBA's, well the difference is DRAMATIC. In my opinion I had no idea what I was truly missing until moving on. Flavors now are so big, rich and full, there is no comparison. Just for fun, I just put some Killer Juice Blue Raz in a IClear 16B and dripped some on my Stillaire V2 RDA, to say the difference is night and day, that is an understatement. It's not even close. If you really want flavor and rich thick tasty clouds, going the rebuildable route is a must. This is all just my opinion, but I didn't really know great flavor until I went with rebuildable gear. Your milage may vary.

Edit:As a side note, I also was very concerned with the learning curve, I was very worried about building and wicking and all that. In the end it took about 30 minutes to really get things going, I can now do a dual coil simple build in a matter of minutes. It really is easy, just remember saftey first, otherwise, my worry wasn't really founded, it's pretty east stuff.

17. Kemosabe

Sep 21, 2011
    Roe Dylin
    agreed. for a while, i really wasnt sure rebuilding was for me. but i gave it a whirl anyway. you see, i started on a path where i had nothing to lose: vivi nova heads. i already had em for replaceable coiling, so i said why not! took a beat head and tore it apart. fiddled and diddled until i got it working, which was a pain, but not difficult. this gave me the confidence to get an actual RBA. and once i did, let me tell you: it was a heck of a lot easier! so anyone out there who has successfully rebuilt evod or vivi nova style heads, you already have the knowledge and experience to do RBAs. you may in fact be over-qualified! and to anyone who has not yet re-built any heads, give it a go- you have almost nothing to lose. just be sure to read up on safety, watch some quality youtubes, and use a protected APV for your initial builds rather than diving straight for mechs. most APVs will protect you if you fall short.

for coiling style, i highly recommend compressed coils AKA micro-coils wicked with cotton.

the flavor/vapor/TH will all be increased with a well-built RBA.

18. Walt83

Walt83 Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Dec 9, 2013
    United States
    I <3 my Kayfun... That is all lol :p

Banana should not cause a problem btw. (read that above)

19. Kemosabe

Sep 21, 2011
    Roe Dylin
    Me too. Best tank ever. That and my aqua.

20. krisjay

krisjay Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 20, 2014
    Maine
    The 30% flavoring option, for me is to much, I wish I had stayed at 25%, live and learn.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.