More decisions, Proton kit or wait to buy separately?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeidiB

Mar 14, 2018
I've been vaping just over 2 months now and have started a more restricted DL. Well I'm realizing I have to take 3+ second hits to really get what I want. I didn't think I would be able to do a DL hit but I hit my son's friends with 3 mg and had no problem. I make my own salts so I would probably do a 6 mg making my own, especially since it is smoother.

I did some online looking and my MFS has the Proton with Scion II on sale, but not sure about the Scion II. My other option was maybe a Realeaux with Gnome King tank, which is cheaper and I could also afford to get a Uwell crown tank if I didn't like the Gnome.

What I'm looking for is a less restricted DL hit (I'm currently a very restricted on Innokin Zenith, which wasn't made for DL at all), and still be able to keep relatively low in wattage. I don't like "hot" hits. The one I tried was a 0.5 coil at 50 watts. When I got up to 70 watts I was able to hit it but it was less than enjoyable. I am after taste mostly but basically want to fill my lung faster than 3+ seconds.

Reactions: stols001

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
I was a contest winner. I really like Scion II for flavor. I use the Scion RTA and temperature control. I really liked the Plexus coil other than it's not for TC and VW wears thin on my throat fast.
It is a very wide open draw. (I just looked at a random puff and it was 2.9 seconds.)
You can restrict the draw by turning the air flow down but that has never done much for me other than make it harsher.
I never was able to do DTL until TC so harsher isn't what I want.

For the price of a Scion II I don't see myself rushing out to buy a bunch at new release prices because I like the flavor. But I am enjoying breaking out old and new flavors with it. Maybe when the price comes down I will pick up a spare or three.

From what you describe, wanting an open draw I think the Scion II would fill the bill. Even if it's too open for you it can be turned down to about wide open SubTank levels.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I'm having a hard time finding the original. How is the III mini?
I only use the original. The Crown III had mixed reviews. The coils it uses require more power than the original Crown does.

Are you in the US?

Stainless Steel Crown
Black Crown
Rose Gold Crown
Crown Mini
Uwell Crown coil replacements
Available in:
  • 0.15 ohm Dual Ni200 Nickel Uwell Crown Sub-Ohm Coil - 400 to 600 Degrees Fahrenheit
  • 0.25 ohm Dual Stainless Steel Uwell Crown Sub-Ohm Coil - 80 to 120W
  • 0.5 ohm Dual Stainless Steel Uwell Crown Sub-Ohm Coil - 30 to 80W
  • 1.2 ohm Single Stainless Steel Uwell Crown Coil - 10 to 30W

celticluvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    Innokin makes GREAT quality mods as proven by the MVP and CoolFire line. Honestly, the coil life you will get out of the Scion tank and the flavor are selling points for me. I get 2-4 weeks out of the original coils and am on my 3rd, heading into the 4th, week of the Plexus coil.

The mod is really simple to use and holds up very well! I'm a serial mod dropper AKA Klutz and its held up fine. Also VaporDNA is a reputable vendor and has it 4 dollars cheaper. ;)

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I don't have the kit. I have heard mostly positive things. However, it's certainly not a necessity to purchase the kit, and I have also heard really good things about the original Crown, and I think a big selling point is the versatility of the coils, although (provided I am purchasing a kit, not winning one) there are certainly times where the mod and kit are paired well, and it winds up being a good purchase. If nothing else, you may wind up leaving the tank around for your kiddo to "borrow" and wind up purchasing another tank. Kits often are kind of discounted if paired together vs buying the mod and tank separately so there is also that. Etc.

Best of luck deciding.

Anna

HeidiB

Mar 14, 2018
    Lol, Anna, it's like you know my kids. My daughter broke one of her tanks yesterday the day before leaving for Bonnaroo and no problem, mom has the big one I can use. Sigh Now I'm shelving that one because I'm left with the 2 mg tank and hate filling it all day long. But, my son bought me a Reauleaux (? Sp) with the crown since he was paying attention, and the tank only for his sister. Now I can save up for the Proton for myself. ;) See, I really do have good kids. Now if I could get my son to quit bragging about my juices. He comes home with requests every day.

whodat2112

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    May 13, 2012
    Mississippi Just Outside Of NOLA
    I was a contest winner. I really like Scion II for flavor. I use the Scion RTA and temperature control. I really liked the Plexus coil other than it's not for TC and VW wears thin on my throat fast.
    It is a very wide open draw. (I just looked at a random puff and it was 2.9 seconds.)
    You can restrict the draw by turning the air flow down but that has never done much for me other than make it harsher.
    I never was able to do DTL until TC so harsher isn't what I want.

For the price of a Scion II I don't see myself rushing out to buy a bunch at new release prices because I like the flavor. But I am enjoying breaking out old and new flavors with it. Maybe when the price comes down I will pick up a spare or three.

From what you describe, wanting an open draw I think the Scion II would fill the bill. Even if it's too open for you it can be turned down to about wide open SubTank levels.

DITTO!!

Innokin makes GREAT quality mods as proven by the MVP and CoolFire line. Honestly, the coil life you will get out of the Scion tank and the flavor are selling points for me. I get 2-4 weeks out of the original coils and am on my 3rd, heading into the 4th, week of the Plexus coil.

The mod is really simple to use and holds up very well! I'm a serial mod dropper AKA Klutz and its held up fine. Also VaporDNA is a reputable vendor and has it 4 dollars cheaper. ;)

Double DITTO!!

The Proton and Scion, both 1 and 2 are hard to beat.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread