More Junk Science from (aloha) United Way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ipster

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2012
Hawaii, SAR,HongKong (Stanley)
Posted generously around doctors offices, schools, clinics and hospitals is the junk found in this flyer.
Visting the website, I had to noodle around with diligence to find under”Sources”, zero, nothing to support outrageous claims of gasoline, formaldehyde,& worse. None. Under “About”,a little diligence found the group is affiliated with Aloha United Way. Theyʻre no stranger as political ultra right wing campaigns from their past theyʻve supported similar bullpucky against their choice-du-jour (well known womens health clinics were run out of state via their actions). Theyʻve lobbied hard for anti-vape legislation, resulting in more (largely defeated) proposed curtailing of vape use. Iʻd love to see them sued, its gong to require at least a court mandate to cease this state wide campaign of nonsense theyʻve spread throughout the fiftieth state of Hawaii. The links are 808 novape (dot) org & its put together by
Hawaii Public Health institute (hiphi dot org) which is funded by Aloha United Way- a group which has so successfully failed my charity watch research, its sad. You’ll find worse allegations for vape ingredients posted on the 808 no vape website. I suggest local Hawaii e-liquid manufacturers also consider legal actions, In this environment of alternative facts there must still exist a right to accurate claims?
53A07140-9B44-44F5-85D9-16428293391D.jpeg

Last edited:

CarolT

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2011
Madison WI
Posted generously around doctors offices, schools, clinics and hospitals is the junk found in this flyer.
Visting the website, I had to noodle around with diligence to find under”Sources”, zero, nothing to support outrageous claims of gasoline, formaldehyde,& worse. None. Under “About”,a little diligence found the group is affiliated with Aloha United Way. Theyʻre no stranger as political ultra right wing campaigns from their past theyʻve supported similar bullpucky against their choice-du-jour (well known womens health clinics were run out of state via their actions). Theyʻve lobbied hard for anti-vape legislation, resulting in more (largely defeated) proposed curtailing of vape use. Iʻd love to see them sued, its gong to require at least a court mandate to cease this state wide campaign of nonsense theyʻve spread throughout the fiftieth state of Hawaii. The links are 808 novape (dot) org & its put together by
Hawaii Public Health institute (hiphi dot org) which is funded by Aloha United Way- a group which has so successfully failed my charity watch research, its sad. You’ll find worse allegations for vape ingredients posted on the 808 no vape website. I suggest local Hawaii e-liquid manufacturers also consider legal actions, In this environment of alternative facts there must still exist a right to accurate claims?
View attachment 779887
For a court case, the first thing you need is a 'cause of action.' For practical purposes, this means you must have been financially harmed by their actions. So this is probably up to some business(es) to pursue.

Ipster

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2012
Hawaii, SAR,HongKong (Stanley)
For a court case, the first thing you need is a 'cause of action.' For practical purposes, this means you must have been financially harmed by their actions. So this is probably up to some business(es) to pursue.
That depends on type of suit filed but it clearly is harmful to liquid manufacturers & all our industry
From manu to retail. As mentioned the plan is to combine with our businesses.
cheers.

Reactions: Rossum

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I always thought that was sort of the definition of junk science; propaganda or marketing maquerading as science
Right, but this isn't even dressed as science; it's just naked claims, without a shred of evidence to back them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread