More Newby Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightFlyer

Feb 8, 2009
Memphis TN
I have been lurking on this site for a week, and finally joined. Thanks to all for the info provided here for new users. I have a few questions that I need help with.

I purchased my first e-cig this week (Dura Kissbox) and have just finished my initial charging ritual. No real problems so far, but it seems that sometimes my cig works better than other times.

1. I am contemplating buying some juice from Johnson Creek, but also need to get an extra atomizer. Do I need to buy it from Janty or are most brands interchangable? (If so) What seems to be the most dependable atomizer?

2. Do I really need blank carts, or can I just use the carts that came with my kissbox?

3. How long after the break-in period does it take for the e-cig to tend to operate more consistantly?

4. Do most people prefer the automatic or manual switch? Why?

5. What is VG?

Thanks in advance.

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
I can't answer all of your questions, but i can answer some. I'm assuming you have a JANTY Kissbox, not a Dura Kissbox since you talk about the manual switch. (The Dura is another brand from Janty.)

1. Have no idea what is compatible with the Kissbox.

2. You do not need blank carts. You can refill your existing carts. Some people will actually clean the "stuffing" inside the cart by rinsing with water then drying before refilling after they've been using it for awhile. People have reported that eventually the stuffing gets kind of wonky, so they either replace it with homemade versions or buy new carts. The homemade versions of stuffing range include aquarium filters cut to size or polyester quilt batting, again cut to size. Haven't done that yet, so I can't comment.

3. Don't know.

4. I prefer the manual switch because my battery lasts longer. Also, I don't have to take a "primer puff" to heat up the atomizer before taking my "real" draw. With the switch, the battery is on without the need for a primer puff.

5. VG is vegetable glycerin, an alternative to the Propylene Glycol (PG) used in most eliquids. Some people seem to be sensitive to PG and thus use a non-PG formula.

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
If you are using the Janty Kissbox (don't want to give you incorrect information):

1. You can use penstyle atomizers with it. I have only bought mine from PureSmoker.com - Your #1 Source For ECigs, Parts, & Accessories! and bestecig in China. I preferred puresmokers as they were 4 holes. But there are also others who sell them like Ecigmall - Your #1 Source for Electronic Cigarettes which I'm sure would work just as well.

2. You can reuse the carts you have but will eventually need to replace them...either with prefilled ones or blank ones. The blank ones are generally less expensive but you need to fill them yourself.

3. I don't know either but in many cases, things seem to get better as you get used to them. If you believe you have a bad part, however, you should contact Janty. They are very good at honoring their warranties and replacing parts.

4. I can't speak for most people. On the KB, I prefer the manual. Seems to produce good vapor when pushed. I don't have an auto switch with mine (only 2 manuals) but I also like my other penstyles with the built in switch. I don't have to remember to push anything in!

5. Already answered. If you want more information on that, there is a ton of threads on it here. Look around or try a search.

Good luck!

Lu

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
Yeh, sometimes it just takes a little getting used to, especially if it's your first. Sometimes a little fiddlin' around with it works. Just like a new atomizer where you have to pretty much "smoke off" the factory primer before it tastes good. You'll get used to it as you go along.

Well glad it worked out for you!

Lu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread