Status
Not open for further replies.

MrsAngelD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2010
A, A
www.TheDallemagnes.com
I hope I'm posting this in the correct subforum. Since it's taking place at a collage I'm not sure which label it falls under.

A tobacco-free policy at Northern Kentucky University will go well beyond breaking up gaggles of smokers huddled into small outdoor zones on campus.It also will ban the indoor or outdoor use of tobacco and nicotine products that prove especially popular with young people, NKU officials said.
Those will include electronic cigarettes that deliver nicotine, chewing tobacco and “snus,” small smokeless tobacco packets tucked into between the lip and gum.
“The tobacco industry has been rapidly developing products that are smokeless but have very serious health impacts,” said Karen Campbell, director of Wellness at NKU, in recommending the policy. “As soon as you think you’ve seen it all, there’s 25 other products.

http://nky.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/AB/20130109/NEWS0103/301090150/

Medieval Barber

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2012
Pennsylvania
In there zeal to make more revenue from tickets, I have found the health departments at school do it for the public good thinking it will cause students to quit, but it will cause more resentment than any thing else. For being enlightened academia it's great all that research they did on the e cigarette then just lumped it in with the rest of tobacco products. I am an alum from this school and when I went their you could smoke everywhere my how things change!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread