More vaping restriction on the way in NYC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MD_Boater

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2013
Maryland Chesapeake Bay
The romantic horse and buggy tours which have been a tradition in Central Park since the 1850's are being shut down as a part of a last minute addition to recent the recently passed ecig regulations.

In an interview with MD_Boater, NY Mayor Bill DeBlasion, said, "When it's cold out, it looks like they are smoking! That just flies in the face of everything we are trying to accomplish here."

:banana:

MD_Boater

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2013
Maryland Chesapeake Bay
You must have missed the news. NYC is actually going to ban the horse and buggies that go around Central Park, and they also banned eCigs indoors because vaping "looks like" smoking.

Have you ever seen the huge clouds of vapor that comes out of a horse's nose when it is cold outside? PBusardo would be jealoous.

It was sorta, kinda like a joke. :facepalm:

Last edited:

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Am awaiting da NYC ban on cold weather...
FelixtheCatpacing.gif

Don Robertson

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2013
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
and Wooooooooosh

Some people just don't get it.:laugh:

It's PEOPLE CONTROL and the people who vote these nut jobs thinking they will 'represent' them are fools. The voters in New York deserve what they get. As long as they can go about their daily routine without interruption they are happy. The clown who is in office now is a clone of the clown who just vacated the office. It's the same from the jerk in the White House on down the line....... CONTROL THE PEOPLE..... and sadly - THE PEOPLE allow it to happen.

The old saying "WAKE UP......." was once a joke; now - the joke IS THE PEOPLE.

Senile Old Man Don

SeaBrz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2009
Florida
I love NYC, but don't get to visit often. I can't say that I was upset when Juliani cleaned up Time Square, but to hear that this usually forward-looking city is getting so nitpicky, breaks my heart.

I just traveled and stayed at five different southern states over Christmas and I was welcomed every single time to use my ecig inside. Five years ago, these same states would have not known what I was talking about, but every restaurant and bar server was knowledgeable and accepting. I think a lot has to do with the fact that their tips must have tanked after the smoking bans. My party of both non-smokers and vapers stayed as long as we would have when the vapers smoked, and we tipped equally well.

Maybe NYC needs to consider the server incomes in the city, too, since it is such a major profession.

Marc Dixon

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2013
New York, New York, United States
Central Park south smells like 10,000 .... holes. It will be nice to take a stroll without smelling horse poop for once. And what a rip off. Jump in a buggy. 10 minutes later the guy wants $50.00. And that's the honest price, if your lucky. And those poor horses look so damn miserable sucking in tourist breath and city air. I hope they get rid of the horses and the horses can go live someplace made for horse.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
You must have missed the news. NYC is actually going to ban the horse and buggies that go around Central Park, and they also banned eCigs indoors because vaping "looks like" smoking.

Have you ever seen the huge clouds of vapor that comes out of a horse's nose when it is cold outside? PBusardo would be jealoous.

I don't think I was blessed with very much reading comprehension today :D That's what I get when I read and then post before I have least a half a pot of coffee in me :lol::lol::lol:

BillyWJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
usa

They're also banning the dirty water hot dogs, which are a staple of NYC.

So glad I moved out of there...

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York

I have a different view of NYC, since I'm only in Midtown or at WTC Seven. But the street food vendor I frequent are superb! Some really great stuff! Pulled pork, Thai, Hoagies (yea, freakin Philly style hoagies!!) Mid-eastern, Cajun!!!

And the dirty water dogs with a smear of spicy mustard!

These carts and trucks are already regulated, but they have to be great to survive in Manhattan.

Why ban the vendors? Risk to my health? What is a hundred times more risky is the West Side Highway, the Hutch, or the Saw Mill Parkway!!

sigh

MD_Boater

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2013
Maryland Chesapeake Bay
Central Park south smells like 10,000 .... holes. It will be nice to take a stroll without smelling horse poop for once. And what a rip off. Jump in a buggy. 10 minutes later the guy wants $50.00. And that's the honest price, if your lucky. And those poor horses look so damn miserable sucking in tourist breath and city air. I hope they get rid of the horses and the horses can go live someplace made for horse.

LOL... Those of us who only visit NYC think that the horse poop smell is one of the city's nicer smells. We always thought that the whole ripping people off thing was something that only happens to tourists. You mean to tell me that they actually charge the locals those outrageous prices when there are no tourists around? I always thought you folks had double sided price tags on everything, and if you are a NYC local, you walk up to the clerk and do the super secret NYC handshake to get to pay the real price (75-80% less).

Crap! That was the best part of my last trip up there...

Vaporizing and Large sodas are banned in NYC
However!
The subways always smell like Chicken Noodle Urine Soup
Why?
Its because homeless people urinate all over the train tracks...
When the train makes contact with the rail and the urine is vaporized with electricity

Why don't they get zapped while ...... on the rail? Inquiring minds...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread