The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Morning Routine

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by Dirtybutts, Oct 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Dirtybutts

Dirtybutts Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 25, 2009
    West Point, New York
    Just woke up and sitting here finally feeling satisfied with my 510 after getting everything put back together...What is your morning routine? Do you take your stuff apart at night and have to re-do it when you wake? I blow my atty's out everynight and starting out fresh every morning. It can make me very cranky cause I use to walk straight out and light right up.

2. AngusATAT

AngusATAT Captain Tightpants Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 2, 2009
    GA, USA
    I only clean my attys out once a week. I usually don't start vaping until I am in my car and leaving the house on my way to work in the morning, so I have everything set up before I go to bed at night. I leave the house between 5 and 5:30 in the morning, so I don't have a lot of time to do anything but get ready to leave for work.

3. needvapor

needvapor Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I have a 510 but my main e-cig is my 2 piece Kr808. I use greencarts on them and all I do is before I go to bed is decide what flavors I want to take with me to work. I also drip a few drops of juice in them prior to bed and when I wake up I am ready to go. I love not having to worry about taking 2-3 extra atty's to work with me in fear of one or more not working. And then all the extra juice.. with my greencarts I will bring one or 2sampler sizes of juice depending on my mood depends what flavor comes with me.

4. ramblingrose

ramblingrose Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2009
    New Jersey USA
    I'm like Angus with a 5AM start. When I started vaping, I religiously took my 901 apart every night to drain the atty. That routine wore thin quickly.

At this point I'm using an 801 and 510. I usually take one apart, and leave the other ready for the next morning; just add a drop or two of juice if it needs it, and I'm ready. I try to alternate it so each atty is drained on alternate nights. But I'm not fanatical about it... sometimes I get lazy and let it go a couple or a few days. So far it hasn't cost me any atties.

5. Deschain

Deschain Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 5, 2009
    England
    Take it apart, blow out my atty, chuck cell on charger (if I haven't been at my PT) and refill any empty carts before bed.

Only takes a few seconds to assemble in the morning, I can do that while I'm waiting for the kettle to boil.

6. Ashhead

Ashhead Super Member ECF Veteran

Downstairs for a cup o coffee and a low nic vape... take the pups out and vape some more...

7. Ghetto_Cowgirl

Ghetto_Cowgirl Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Aug 11, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Pick up my PT screw on the cartomizer and vape with my coffee....gotta go do something? Take my long battery off the charger screw on the cart and take it with me.

8. snap6cat

snap6cat Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 10, 2009
    Connecticut,USA
    I leave my devices together unless I charge batteries or change parts. Have an assortment: 901, 801, 510 and SD.I do not change carts unless they look bad, do not clean or blow out atomizers, just add a few drops of juice when nec. Every thing seems to work fine, occasionally an atomizer or battery gets weak but no big deal. Maybe I am just lucky, I dunno.
    David

9. Scottbee

Scottbee Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Sep 18, 2009
    Okauchee Lake, WI
    I've discovered that now that I'm completely off of analogs (yeah!), my throat and lungs aren't ready for a good, hard 510 hit the very first thing when I wake up. It's kinda weird.

I've got a fairly weak VK cartomizer sitting on a 510 battery with an adapter. It's right by the coffee pot. When I get up in the morning I pour my first cup of coffee and vape on the VK cartomizer a few times. Then I go back up to my office, screw the atty on my long 510 battery, pop in the 901 whistle tip cartridge... and start my vaping day!

10. RenaissancePuffer

RenaissancePuffer Supplier Associate ECF Veteran

Jul 10, 2009
    New Germany, MN
    I get up, make myself a cup of coffee. Once that is made, I'll sit down and put the batteries in my PV and fill the atty. I don't do any sort of blowing out the atty at the end of the night, or disassembling of my PV's. I leave the atty's screwed into the device and leave it overnight. When I first started vaping, I would take everything apart, clean them, let them drain/dry overnight. Those days are over, and good riddance!

11. MaxUT

MaxUT Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jul 4, 2009
    Ogden, UT, US
    Open eyes slightly, feel around for Prodigy on nightstand, puff away.

Get up, pour some coffee, top off cart, puff away.

12. MaxUT

MaxUT Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jul 4, 2009
    Ogden, UT, US
    I like me a few good hits of 48mg terbacky juice first thing in the ay-em. Gets me ready for the day :D

13. wdave

wdave Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 11, 2009
    Cincinnati, OH
    I only clean my 510 attys when they short out, or sometimes when the guck in the them grosses me out. I keep a filled cart on them at all times, including overnight. I try to start with fresh polyfill every morning, though I don't always have time--and if I don't start fresh, there's not a whole lot of affect on my vapes. Probably because I use the straw mod, which allows the same polyfill to be topped off all day, and in to the next day as far as I can tell.

Dave

14. Dirtybutts

Dirtybutts Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 25, 2009
    West Point, New York
    Maybe I am doing something wrong but the straw mod has not worked well for me...I have been dripping and I think it really gunks up the atty's.

15. Keef

Keef Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 29, 2008
    Scotland
    When I started vaping 901 I took great care to remove the cart blow out my atomiser and leave it to drain overnight.

Nowadays I have a Screwdriver and I leave it as it stands, atomiser connected and cart inserted.

I get up put in a fresh battery top off the cart and away I go.

No difference in performance and no faffing about :D

16. Scottbee

Scottbee Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Sep 18, 2009
    Okauchee Lake, WI
    I sometimes think we "faff" entirely too much... =þ~~

17. wdave

Jun 11, 2009
    Cincinnati, OH
    Keeping the attys nice and gunked up makes them start wicking much more quickly. Dry attys could be the reason why the straw mod is not working as well for you as it does for other people.

Also, I found it best to flood the heck out of a new 510 atty. Gets it going very quickly right out of the box. After flooding, just blow out the atty and leave it alone. Again, wet gunked up attys that aren't flooded are the "perfect" attys.

Dave

18. ProfessorDaffy

ProfessorDaffy Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 12, 2009
    Acme Looniversity
    I do not function in the morning. The night before I get the coffee pot ready. If I've cleaned out an atty I usually set it out to dry. Some nights I just run it under hot water for a minute, stuff a paper towel in the opening to drain the juice, and let it dry overnight.

I am only coherent enough to turn the switch of the coffee maker to the on position, literally. Then while it's making a cup, I stumble to my e-cig station and do everything in my power to get 4-5 drops on the atty and carts. What flavor do I love best in the morning. How about: the first one my hand touches. Reading the label requires focus. Focus comes after coffee. Lean up against the counter and vape while staring at the coffee maker.

Cup of coffee finally in hand, I head to the computer and sip and vape (switch to PT while on the computer).

I didn't smoke in my car, so I used to smoke a cigarette. Drive to work. Then sit in the parking lot and smoke another cigarette. The absolute favorite part of my morning now is vaping on the way to work. I don't even mind if traffic comes to a stop. I'm vapin', baby.

--Prof Daffy

19. wdave

Jun 11, 2009
    Cincinnati, OH
    Thinks of it this way...

If attys were meant to be separated from their cartridges and dryed out, then I really doubt that the VK and other cartomizer ecigs would have any buyers at all :)

20. miketr

miketr Senior Member ECF Veteran

I leave the cart on the atomizer overnight and have a few puffs in the morning, but at the time I'm usually simultaneously filling a fresh cart. I usually fill carts just before I use them. They just seem to work better for me that way. After using a cart I pull the filler out a little and fluff it (with a bent paperclip, what else?) and push it back in before refilling. I also switch out carts and cart filler pretty frequently. I think the cart filler gets worse at wicking each time it is used. After 3-4 times, especially with a tobacco-flavored eJuice (that has particulates), it just seems to be bad at wicking juice up to the atty, requiring more thermometer-style shaking, which I have no doubt puts stress on the atty wires (see below).
    I think the bulk of the fluid that comes out when you blow out an atty is not bad gunk, it's just the eFluid the metal foam pot around the coil has wicked up. I religiously blew out attys every evening for some time and the only difference I noticed from not blowing them out was that in the morning it took several minutes with a fresh cart attached before they were ready to use - I assume because they had to wick up all that displaced fluid. I still think it's reasonable to occasionally blow one out, particularly to get a strong flavor out faster. But I haven't noticed any difference in lifespan for blowing out attys. If anything, I wonder if blowing out attys, particularly with pressurized air, could possibly put stress on those tiny little wires in there that connect the battery connector to the coil and shorten their lifespan, and thus the atty's. One thing blowing on an atty will not do is get the gunk out of the coil itself, and that is the real killer of attys from what I gather.
    So, I don't think the morning routine is that important. It should be something that best fits your needs. Attys are unfortunately limited lifespan disposable parts, you should have spares at all times. I suggest perhaps to help them last longer, try to keep from overheating them or subjecting them to frequent or violent physical shocks and vibrations.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.