Morri's Questions....all questions are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

morri

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2012
Texas
Let me just try this. Everything is changing faster than I can keep up. "The New PVT Form Discussion" thread, cannot have "discussion"? Is this correct? The "practice" thread called List Editing Guidelines and Tips, where I was trying to learn how to do all this is apparently not to be used for discussion either, as my question was forwarded to the "Chit Chat" thread, which I thought was for......chit chat, visiting, talking about the weather and wells and texas tomatoes and things.

Anyhoo, I will try to make all my questions in here, so I won't be in anyone's way and won't chat up the threads with endless, goofy questions.

I just love you guys...

morri

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
what a great idea!!

it'll come in handy whenever we bring in a new recruit too!

Here's what i posted for you in the chit chat thread (i put it there 'cause i wasn't sure where it should go either, we're all learning our way around this new subforum structure)

Morri,

We can double your current salary for mind-reading. triple it even ;)

Ok, so the leap year correction is because the forum software identifies someone as an ECF Vet when they have at least 75 post and have been here for 365 days. The problem is that leap year added an extra day. so, anyone who joined after Feb 28th 2011 will actually turn the day before their listed join date (at 25 min past the actual hour that they joined)...so when we schedule the parties we correct the list to compensate. So, person who joined at 1pm on July 5th would turn at 1:25 pm on July 4th.

so, when we post dates we specify join date vs leap year corrected date. The list is ALWAYS leap year corrected.

Even better, time zones can make everything even more confusing. if someone joins just before midnight EST, people on the east coast will see a different join date than people on the west coast. That makes us all crazy....that's why Tibs sometimes adds the notes to the list to show that it'll be a different time/day for the west coast crew.

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
Good Will Ambassador, what a cool title. hehehee

1st question: Do you guys want me to PM everyone on the list? I can do that. :)

nope! ;)
i love your idea of mentioning pvt in the threads you frequent - we can use all the exposure we can get. keep your eyes open for people about to turn. approach only the ones you know from those threads but keep up the good job of getting the word out!!!!!

morri

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2012
Texas
nope! ;)
i love your idea of mentioning pvt in the threads you frequent - we can use all the exposure we can get. keep your eyes open for people about to turn. approach only the ones you know from those threads but keep up the good job of getting the word out!!!!!

Okie dokie, but if you change your mind, let me know. I love this idea of spreading the word because it's not a job, I do that anyway. lol

but, for the PM's...

question: who am I to PM for now and can I post the answers to PM's here? Or do I need to post them somewhere else and if so, please leave a map at the door.

hugs

whiskey

Moved On
Jan 13, 2010
Just Pm the ones right now that you see that don't have an Avatar theme/topic picked out yet...In the BWB list, there also is a post that suggests some great theme ideas.
Keep your eyes on the list and if someone is getting close to their date and doesn't have one, thats a good one to send a pm too for now...there will be other things we may need to have you Pm also in time.

Last edited:

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
Okie dokie, but if you change your mind, let me know. I love this idea of spreading the word because it's not a job, I do that anyway. lol

but, for the PM's...

question: who am I to PM for now and can I post the answers to PM's here? Or do I need to post them somewhere else and if so, please leave a map at the door.

hugs

I'm fine with either here, or if there is something that needs to be changed on the list if it's put in the to be added thread- but will go with whatever Tibs suggests- she's the master at keeping up with changes :)

as to pms, morri - check the list to see who still needs to give us a theme! if or when you get an answer post the theme in ''to be added''

and your main job will be ''our goodwill ambassador'' !!!!!!!!!

DeviantDe for one.... we need to know welcome thread or avi party, and theme please

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
look at the list - i know deviantde needs a theme - all others without a theme were just recently added and are thinking about it. keep an eye on those and if they don't get back to us in a few days send them a friendly reminder. we just started with august so there should be quite a few more to come ......

morri

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2012
Texas
Just Pm the ones right now that you see that don't have an Avatar theme/topic picked out yet...In the BWB list, there also is a post that suggests some great theme ideas.
Keep your eyes on the list and if someone is getting close to their date and doesn't have one, thats a good one to send a pm too for now...there will be other things we may need to have you Pm also in time.

Excellent! Also think of other things a good will ambassador would/could do. Sending PM's to a few people is not so much work. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread