Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY

Extremeodd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2009
Ive used 3 AA rayovac alkaline wrapped together with electrical tape with bits of wire taped to link them in series. Then I taped the atomizer down (801), jammed and taped a wire into the center lead and had a wire taped down (about 1/2in wire sticking out) next to it to touch to the casing of the battery as a switch (stainless finish). Works great, except when its time for new batteries. Made it for the wife when she lost her last 901 atty, its lasted her about a week of infrequent usage (she doesnt like manual control...) OR I was at work, got sent on deliveries (I work lowe's freight, sometimes help with appliance deliveries) and my juicybox mod had broke earlier that day. So I quickly grabbed a 6in bit of lamp cord, rubber band and a 6v lantern battery. I hooked one end of the wires to the 2 terminals, rubberbanded the atomizer to the side of the battery, had one wire in the center post and one to touch the outside when I wanted a drag. the stiffness of the wire held it in place quite well. Also the 6v was incredible, the throat hit and vapor volume were nuts. The driver couldnt stop laughing at me "smoking a battery". Every single drag I took he laughed, I do say it was quite comical looking.

Last edited:

DaShiVa

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2009
Texas
Ive used 3 AA rayovac alkaline wrapped together with electrical tape with bits of wire taped to link them in series. Then I taped the atomizer down (801), jammed and taped a wire into the center lead and had a wire taped down (about 1/2in wire sticking out) next to it to touch to the casing of the battery as a switch (stainless finish). Works great, except when its time for new batteries. Made it for the wife when she lost her last 901 atty, its lasted her about a week of infrequent usage (she doesnt like manual control...) OR I was at work, got sent on deliveries (I work lowe's freight, sometimes help with appliance deliveries) and my juicybox mod had broke earlier that day. So I quickly grabbed a 6in bit of lamp cord, rubber band and a 6v lantern battery. I hooked one end of the wires to the 2 terminals, rubberbanded the atomizer to the side of the battery, had one wire in the center post and one to touch the outside when I wanted a drag. the stiffness of the wire held it in place quite well. Also the 6v was incredible, the throat hit and vapor volume were nuts. The driver couldnt stop laughing at me "smoking a battery". Every single drag I took he laughed, I do say it was quite comical looking.

Hehe, a regular McGuyver of Vaping. Next time get some pics, made me grin just imagining it.

Wafflestomper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
This is a mod I used while waiting for my Prodigy to arrive:
And my wireless PT mod
photo1-1.jpg

Wafflestomper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
lol, details on how that works pls :p

Well.. the atomizer is a light socket.. you get throat hit so hard it's a good idea to have a ventilator on standby.. maybe a crash cart.

The PT has no wires.. but you have to get real close to the computer to use it.

The yarn is always breaking, I had to use the last of my duct tape to fix the radiator hose in my truck.

I was glad when my Prodigy arrived.

DaShiVa

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2009
Texas
Well.. the atomizer is a light socket.. you get throat hit so hard it's a good idea to have a ventilator on standby.. maybe a crash cart.

The yarn is always breaking, I had to use the last of my duct tape to fix the radiator hose in my truck.

I hear those Prodigy V2's are pretty sweet with cartomizers. But lets not get off topic. Prodigy is the other end of the spectrum to ghetto :)

Extremeodd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2009
Hehe, a regular McGuyver of Vaping. Next time get some pics, made me grin just imagining it.

Well stoner ingenuity extends well past the making a .... out of misc parts hah. E-cigs are have such a primitive design its very very easy to improvise powersources. Anything from 3.2ish-6v is usable, Ive gotten 2 AAA batteries to last an hour of use before.

steven.rn

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2009
Ohio
Hehe not bad :) How long did you use that for?

Heh.... a couple of weeks.... worked great, but I realized that there was no "cutoff" protection if the voltage got low, so i retired it pretty quick.

I can't imagine in my wildest dreams now going back to a 180 mah battery.

This one worked too... actually pretty well (I got tired of the life on the 10440 in the J-Stick)

desprate.jpg

000_0017_resize.jpg

Last edited:

rickylford

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2010
This is a mod I used while waiting for my Prodigy to arrive:
And my wireless PT mod
photo1-1.jpg

Dear god.. Words can't express how hard I laughed reading that.. Jesus..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread