Most RELIABLE 801-compatible atty/supplier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
There are threads here about problems with high-bridge 801 attys, but I don't think that's an issue for me - I drip, so cartridge contact with wick is irrelevant.

I love my penstyle (and my Prodigy with an 801-compatible atty):wub:, but the atomizers have been so unreliable and inconsistent. Some have vaped well for a couple weeks before dying; some have been DOA; and some have worked only for a couple days or just limped from the start.:(

I've ordered from various suppliers, e.g., Rocky Mountain Vapor, Totally Wicked, Heaven Gifts, and Puresmoker ... and I'm not sure I see a pattern. The 5-pack I got on sale from TW was the worst (but that is a small sample), two of the three I got from Puresmoker were good for awhile (another very small sample), and the dozen (over time) that I got from RMV varied considerably. I think the two gifts from Heaven were OK. [I just love playing HG's unusual name.:)]

I've read here that many people are happier with the BE112 or Joye302 than with the current DSE801, but the reasons stated all relate to how well the atty interacts with the cartridge material. And I don't care about that. Restuffing cartridges, filling them and topping them off using syringes, straws, or toothpicks - all are just a pain in the tush for me. Dripping is so easy ... and effective (the juice definitely gets on the wick).

Any insights or atty/supplier experiences relating to this atty reliability issue will be greatly appreciated!

P.S. As I was preparing this post, one of my last functioning 801 attys just died.8-o...:cry:...:mad: [i.e., shock, then figurative tears, then anger] Back to my no flavor / no throat hit 510:( ... and to my KR808D-1 with excellent but expensive GreenCig carts.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
It was recommended to me to use the bestecig be112 with my high volt/dripping combo. I have yet to try it since I don't have my hv mod yet. Just a few more days and I will have it.

Thanks, 6linkslam! Do you know the rationale behind that person's recommendation? That is, was it related to my reliability issue or that high-bridge wick/cartridge contact issue?

BTW, I've been considering switching over to the M201. I know it won't work with my Prodigy, but I spend most of my time vaping penstyle (better for my long, liesurely vaping sessions).

Richie G

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2009
Lawn Guyland, NY
Thanks, 6linkslam! Do you know the rationale behind that person's recommendation? That is, was it related to my reliability issue or that high-bridge wick/cartridge contact issue?

BTW, I've been considering switching over to the M201. I know it won't work with my Prodigy, but I spend most of my time vaping penstyle (better for my long, liesurely vaping sessions).

>

I don't know if I can help Don, as I'm STILL working this out for myself. But, I will offer what I've found out.

First -- I don't vape at high voltage so you can stop reading now. LOL Sometimes I use carts, sometimes I drip. It depends if my hands are busy or not. (at work)

But, I have managed to get the desired TH at normal voltage through trial and error of 801 clones. Toward that end, I'm happiest when my battery (10440) is freshly charged -- somewhere around 4.2 volts. I change them out more often than need be to keep the voltage up as high as possible.

'Tis a small sample size of each but here goes --

m201 atty -- nice throat hit due to a wide surface area bridge. the drawback with the m201 is that it is a very tight pull -- like sucking the proverbial golf ball through a straw. I haven't been able to adjust my draw on this (Vapre51) but I haven't given it much of a shot either.

BE112 atty -- I bought 5 of these for trial. The first one I used was dreamy for a few weeks then it slackened off noticeably -- still lots of vapor (that I could care less about) but the great TH waned. I tried cleaning it but it hasn't made much of a difference. If it's history it was a heavenly 3 weeks for us both. <g>

Joye 302 -- Just fired this one up last night for the first time. It sizzles like a 510, loud and hearty. This will be my atty of choice if it lasts a couple of weeks. Outstanding TH that I would compare to a Prodigy that I used last night. Will it last? Time will tell and it could just be one of those God-like attys that we get once in a while.

I'll say this too... deciding which is the atty of choice comes down to which attys one doesn't like before paring the field of the contenders. The RN4072s leak. They annoy me. TW's attys are RN4072s.

The m201, Joye 302, BE112 did not leak one iota for me. That's important to me as I also use a JS. Leaky attys and the JS do not get along at all. Ironically, the KB attys I have also leak so I don't/can't use them in the JS.

And because I sometimes use carts I've left the high bridge attys that I've tried out of the equation altogether. To be honest, the RMV attys and the true DSE 801s didn't do it for me anyway.

I didn't help much, did I? LOL

breakfastchef

Moved On
Feb 12, 2009
I have experienced the problems you described in your post. When I moved to a high-voltage device, SLB801's were failing at an alarming rate. Granted, they were never designed for this type of abuse.

I prefer the BE112 paired with a high-voltage device. I can pop an 801 in less than two weeks running at 6 volts, but a BE112 may last closer to a month. They appear to be more robust. I exclusively use BE112's on my Super-T with adjustable airflow adapter.

On my 5 volt manual passthrough, 801's last longer - the assumption is lower voltage, lower stress on the heating coil. I am using up my supply of 801's on the passthrough.

Joye/Janty/JKBC-302's are real nice, durable options. Unfortunately they are three times the price of a BE112, and do not last any longer than the BE112.
Bridges are meaningless to me since I only drip.

DigDreams

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Oldsmar, FL
I have had alot of problems with true 801's, but the RN4072's have been very dependable for me. 801's I get from 1 day to two weeks, any more is bonus time. The RN4072's have been lasting me a long time.

The one I am using now was put in to use August 18th and I vape at least 3-4 ml per day. This one came from a TW 5-pack of which I also gave my uncle one, and his is still going strong as well.

Note that I am vaping at 3.7v and that could be a big factor.

BTW: If you switch from a true 801 to an RN4072 make sure to lift the filler up to the top of the cart. The taller 801 bridge will push the filler too far up and it won't make enough contact (causing overheating and burning it out). If you use an 801 cart in a RN4072 the cart filler should be even with the top of the plastic - not recessed at all.

Parmacrafter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2009
Parma, Idaho, USA
I too have been through many of all the different atty's. In my experience the ones from Janty rank right up there, but the BE-112 is much better not only for high voltage (going on 4 weeks with first one at 6 volts)but also much cheaper. I get mine from ELECTRONIC CIGARETTES / E-LIQUID/E-CIGARETTE LIQUID / E-CIGS / E-Cigarette / Houston, TX They are us based and the price and speedy deivery are great. Plus shipping is free. I get a 5 pack in a really nice chrome (they also have black and white) for $45 to my door. He is also super fast to answer emails. It's doesn't specify on the site for the 5 pack of atty's but they are indeed BE112's. I think you will be very happy with those. The one I use has lasted longer than any other and performs well with high volts and 3.7

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
I too have been through many of all the different atty's. In my experience the ones from Janty rank right up there, but the BE-112 is much better not only for high voltage (going on 4 weeks with first one at 6 volts)but also much cheaper. I get mine from ELECTRONIC CIGARETTES / E-LIQUID/E-CIGARETTE LIQUID / E-CIGS / E-Cigarette / Houston, TX They are us based and the price and speedy deivery are great. Plus shipping is free. I get a 5 pack in a really nice chrome (they also have black and white) for $45 to my door. He is also super fast to answer emails. It's doesn't specify on the site for the 5 pack of atty's but they are indeed BE112's. I think you will be very happy with those. The one I use has lasted longer than any other and performs well with high volts and 3.7

Thank you all for your input! I quoted Parmacrafter's because it was the most targeted to my specific issues.

I was unaware of any US suppier for BestEcig products. (And with free shipping.) Good to know. I think BE112s will be the ones I'll go with for my next order. Glad I asked!

bluesuede

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2009
Central PA, USA
I like the 4 hole 801 attys I got from EM. They truly are different than the 801 attys I got from HG. Noticed the difference right away. Heck, I like their batts better too as they don't have those silly recessed buttons that get stuck all the time. Irritating little buggers.

I'm still using the original attys that I got 9/20 and haven't cleaned any of them yet. There hasn't been a need to. I rotate 2-3 daily. Maybe they will all take dump at the same time. :D

Big Daddy

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2009
Western central Illinois
Thanks for the site with the BE-112's just ordered a 5pack Thank Again.

smonomo

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
USA, Northeast.
Hi there 801 fans :)

Well, after much diligence I was just about to post this new thread in General discussion..
Okay, I'm ready to order some atomizers, I was at a US site the other day that had BE112 attys 5 pack for $45, free shipping, I thought I bookmarked it, but I guess not, and I'm damned if I can find it again..

So now I'm looking at TW 801 5 pack $35 plus $7 shipping, I already have two TW 801's and they work fine, but I'm tempted to try the BE112's

And now, adding to my dilemma, I'm looking at the M201's :confused:

Talk to me people..:D
And then Parmacrafter saved the day..
So the BE112 is the winner :)

Mikie Likes It

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2009
Cincinnati, OH
Hello. I also use a 6v Prodigy exclusively with the 801/compatible. From my experience, I get the thickest, tastiest smoke and best throat hit from the DSE801, but that is not what I recommend. IMO the DSE801 hits the best, and holds the most amount of fluid before leaking (4-5 Drops), but it has to cool down for so long, before it will wick between hits.
I get my DSE801's from Esmokeytreats, and RockyMountain Vapor

My recent favorite is the Joye 302 - It is my favorite because you hardly have to wait between hits to let it cool down to wick. It cools down very very quickly and wicks great. Now on the downfall, the 302 does not hold as much fluid as the DSE801. I find after filling from completely empty, I put 5 drops, take a small puff, then add 3 more drops. The 3 drops get me 2 awesome hits, great flavor, thick smoke, and great throat hit. Then you have to top off again with 3 more drops. Now, I do find the 302 to leak like a siv. You can even see on the atomizer threads, there are two hole going straight up to the inside of the atty. I have to top off more often with this one, but I feel it performs better and that out ways the leakiness.

I get my Joye 302's from Electronicstix and they have FREE SHIPPING!!! jfi

The BE112- In my experience, is almost the same with the 302 as far as cool down period and wicking. This one also cools fast and wicks awesome. In my experience with this atomizer, I just dont get the full, thick smoke as I do from the 302 or DSE801. The flavor and vapor seem week, and almost like there is too much air getting in the mix. Another complaint I have about this atty, is after about 2 weeks of use, it develops an oily, tar like build up around the coil, which cause a bad taste that will not go away. At this point, I retire and atty and move on.

I get my BE112's from Vaporspot.com - Owner goes in on large owners with her customers. Very cool lady, throws in nice little freebee gifts with her orders too.

The RN4072 - Again, IMO - I dont like at all, too much air, not thick enough smoke, leaks like a siv and the flavor almost tastes metallic with every one I have tried. I cant really say anything good.

I got my RN's from Totally Wicked and Puresmoker.

The M201 - I bought a couple of these, and just to let everyone know..... -From LiteCig

THE M201 DOES NOT WORK WITH THE PRODIGY V!!!!!!!!!!!!

After screwing on the 201, go to take a puff, and nothing. No air can even pull through it is completely locked up.

Again, this is only MY experience with the 801/compatible atomizer vaping at 6 volts with my Prodigy V1 and also my GGT. Some of these attys, may work 100 times better than I described with a different device, voltage, or even user at that.

Are there any other kind of 801 compatible attys out there that I havent mentioned?

Last edited:

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
Hello. I also use a 6v Prodigy exclusively with the 801/compatible. From my experience, I get the thickest, tastiest smoke and best throat hit from the DSE801, but that is not what I recommend. IMO the DSE801 hits the best, and holds the most amount of fluid before leaking (4-5 Drops), but it has to cool down for so long, before it will wick between hits.
I get my DSE801's from Esmokeytreats, and RockyMountain Vapor
I see that Esmokeytreats attys are $1 more than RMV and they charge $6-$12 for shipping vs. RMV's free shipping. Are Esmokeytreats' attys any better?

The BE112- In my experience, is almost the same with the 302 as far as cool down period and wicking. This one also cools fast and wicks awesome. In my experience with this atomizer, I just dont get the full, thick smoke as I do from the 302 or DSE801. The flavor and vapor seem week, and almost like there is too much air getting in the mix. Another complaint I have about this atty, is after about 2 weeks of use, it develops an oily, tar like build up around the coil, which cause a bad taste that will not go away. At this point, I retire and atty and move on.
I am very sorry to hear that. Based on the posts here (and elsewhere), I thought I had identified the optimum penstyle atty.

I get my BE112's from Vaporspot.com - Owner goes in on large owners with her customers. Very cool lady, throws in nice little freebee gifts with her orders too.
I just visited her site. Excellent prices! Her BE112 attys are $.50 less than RMV's low $7 price for DSE801s ... and the BE112 passthrough for $9.45 is unbelievable: $4.55 less than RMV's (DSE801 manual) passthrough. [I don't see a button in the photo. Is it an auto switch passthrough?] Sorry to see she doesn't seem to carry batteries (or much of anything else, for that matter).

She has that $6 shipping charge, so it's pretty much a wash. But I'm tempted to try a couple attys and that PT (I don't have one yet for the 801/112/4072) ... and cross my fingers.

The M201 - I bought a couple of these, and just to let everyone know..... -From LiteCig

THE M201 DOES NOT WORK WITH THE PRODIGY V!!!!!!!!!!!!

After screwing on the 201, go to take a puff, and nothing. No air can even pull through it is completely locked up.
Sorry to hear that you were blindsided by this.:( Learn a lesson from it and read my WWV Illustrated Guide.;)

I know you are strictly a Prodigy user, but (by chance) have you tried the M201 atty with the M201 battery. Actually, I spend more of my time vaping penstyle than Prodigy-style. I like long, liesurely vaping sessions.

Are there any other kind of 801 compatible attys out there that I havent mentioned?

Nope ... I think you've got it covered!

native9765

Moved On
Nov 5, 2009
  • Deleted by AngusATAT
  • Reason: Supplier spam

christop

Moved On
Jun 25, 2009
humbolt Ca
  • Deleted by Elendil
  • Reason: Possible supplier associate

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
Hey Don check out besteciggy.com, hes a local guy (well he is for me lol) and his names gary. I bought my first 801 about 6 months ago and when i bought it i bought an extra one from him..idk y his replacement one's do as well as they do but they are great. check it out someday and C if im the only one that loves it :wub:. Ive tried a couple other 501"s and a 901 but nothin creates enough vape for me exept the 801's he's got!!

I have just now checked out that site. Egad!8-o His prices are exorbitant - about twice what many others charge for penstyles (or their parts). For example, check out Rocky Mountain Vapor, Good Prophets, or E-SmokeyTreats (only parts). And, at some point, I may break down and order the marble 801s from EastMall (5 complete e-cigs, no charger: for $75 + $15 shipping = $18/e-cig)

More likely, I may give up on the DSE801/BE112/RN4072 and focus on my new 510 and/or try the incompatible M201 from LiteCigUSA. You see, I tried the BE112's from The Vapor Spot and I'm disappointed - not with their service or prices - but with the BE112 attys. Not nearly as effective as most of the 801s I've used ... and the BE112 passthrough (no longer on their site) is terrible. Subjectively it seems to be putting out 2 volts.

Oh woe is me!:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread