Motofo Faris - Today's Vapemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranjen617

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2014
Somewhere in mid - AL, USA
Ok, I've found a new love. The Faris by Motofo. Taste is a 10 out of a 10. Was super easy to build, wick and fill up. Only thing I can probably say that will be a con is the tank is well, small. I'm so used to bigger tanks. With my open vented liking, the juice runs a tad quick. Running a single clapton staple at .41 ohms on the Naboo.

Absolutely zero leaks. Build deck was very well designed for one or two coils. Great airflow design and overall clean look without posts. The need for the silicone tabs for single builds in the wicking ports was not used and is fine without them. Good airflow for people like myself that crave it. juice vaped tastes just like sample tasting it on your finger. Very impressive for one being a top vent and two not being a complicated build. Does she push clouds? Yep. You can dial it up for more and back down for being in public, you have options here.

Don't count on Wotofo to have the little gauge to snip your coils in the box, mine wasn't included. I just used the coil tool end to measure. Worked out fine. Plenty of extras in the box. Enough cotton for two single builds or one dual. Three coils included but many other goodies. Once I get my squonking mod in, I'll use this one.

Only con I can find on my first evening and first build is going to be the small tank. But that's a non issue whenever you can run it as an RDA or squonk on this versatile topper. Again, zero leakage and no spitback thanks to the tip design!

I need to buy a few more after this! :)

Hope this helps those who are looking at the Faris or have wondered how it performs. ...I'm one of the first rookies to give it a shot I believe! Was very worth the money! :)

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Thanks for the feedback, I picked up the Faris when it was first released, but haven't gotten around to trying it yet. Looking forward to it more now that I saw this. Planning on doing a single coil and squonk mode when I get around to it.

For an RDTA, I'm currently using the VV Pyro 2 and have been really happy with it so far. I didn't have the leaking issues with the original Pyro that some had, but definitely not a problem with the V2 since the fill ports are now sealed with silicone plugs when you cap it. The squonk feature works great in it as well. So the Pyro 2 seems like a good improvement over the original.

Look forward to trying the Faris. Maybe this weekend now that you got my curiosity going. Also got the Serpent Elevate sitting in the box, we'll have to see which one makes it to the build station first. :)

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
Thanks for the feedback, I picked up the Faris when it was first released, but haven't gotten around to trying it yet. Looking forward to it more now that I saw this. Planning on doing a single coil and squonk mode when I get around to it.

For an RDTA, I'm currently using the VV Pyro 2 and have been really happy with it so far. I didn't have the leaking issues with the original Pyro that some had, but definitely not a problem with the V2 since the fill ports are now sealed with silicone plugs when you cap it. The squonk feature works great in it as well. So the Pyro 2 seems like a good improvement over the original.

Look forward to trying the Faris. Maybe this weekend now that you got my curiosity going. Also got the Serpent Elevate sitting in the box, we'll have to see which one makes it to the build station first. :)
What color did you pick for the Elevate? I’m trying to decide. I want the SS but don’t like the blue resin driptip. I heard they might be including random colors, I hope so. The other color I like is the gold.

DP2Raja

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
New Mexico
What color did you pick for the Elevate? I’m trying to decide. I want the SS but don’t like the blue resin driptip. I heard they might be including random colors, I hope so. The other color I like is the gold.

Hello Hearts! Let us know which you get and how it stacks up with other top AF attys. I'm pretty interested in this one myself!

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
I got both the SS and Black for the Elevate. The SS came with the blue tip and the Black with a red tip, at least for me. Not sure if the tips are really random or not. I like the look of the smoked black tips that came with it too though, plan on trying one of them.

I saw one review (think it was Jai Haze) that said the balck wasn't really black and was complaining it didn't match black mods. Maybe he got the gunmetal labeled as black or something, mine is BLACK, lol. They are matte finishes of course, the SS finish looks similar to the Zeus, etc.

If I like them, I will be back to get one of the rainbow most likely. All of my other rainbox toppers are shiny finishes, I like the look of the matte rainbow. At least in the pictures.

Kind of excited to try it. Only downside I've read is the fill ports aren't that large. Sounds like it's extremely simple to build/wick and has good flavor. I liked the original Serpent SMM RTA, other than the condensation from the bottom airflow. Really excited to see a top airflow version. Deck and the like is different, but I really liked the draw on the original, sounds like this is similar, possibly slightly more open.

Oh yeah, even if you don't like the color of the drip tips, they are very pretty. Almost look like marble.

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
Hello Hearts! Let us know which you get and how it stacks up with other top AF attys. I'm pretty interested in this one myself!
Hi @DP2Raja how are ya? Sure I’ll make sure to tell ya! Efun.top has it in stock USA warehouse $24.99 plus shipping you can use “US5S” for 5% off. VaporDna & Loadupvape have it in stock too.

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
I got both the SS and Black for the Elevate. The SS came with the blue tip and the Black with a red tip, at least for me. Not sure if the tips are really random or not. I like the look of the smoked black tips that came with it too though, plan on trying one of them.

I saw one review (think it was Jai Haze) that said the balck wasn't really black and was complaining it didn't match black mods. Maybe he got the gunmetal labeled as black or something, mine is BLACK, lol. They are matte finishes of course, the SS finish looks similar to the Zeus, etc.

If I like them, I will be back to get one of the rainbow most likely. All of my other rainbox toppers are shiny finishes, I like the look of the matte rainbow. At least in the pictures.

Kind of excited to try it. Only downside I've read is the fill ports aren't that large. Sounds like it's extremely simple to build/wick and has good flavor. I liked the original Serpent SMM RTA, other than the condensation from the bottom airflow. Really excited to see a top airflow version. Deck and the like is different, but I really liked the draw on the original, sounds like this is similar, possibly slightly more open.

Oh yeah, even if you don't like the color of the drip tips, they are very pretty. Almost look like marble.
Thanks looking forward to your thoughts. I could get the black at least the drip tip is red lol! I love the Gold too.

ranjen617

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2014

I hope you've had a chance to try the Faris! I'm using a single build and honestly a dual isn't needed for flavor. The flavor just seems to pop! I after a few days running and basically only this one since my Zeus 2 kept leaking (I've been with my Dad in the hospital, so wasted juice was not going to happen).
I truly believe this might be my chosen topper for awhile. Still waiting on my Pyro 2 to come in, backorder. The flavor so far cannot be beat.
I think you'll agree once you try yours about the size of the tank but squonking will fix that issue. I'm wanting on my next build maybe using my Hive or a staggered clapton build to see what the flavor will do. Have wires for those and a few more. I'm sure any build will be just fine, even a single wire would probably surprise me.

Good luck and I'm hoping you have just as much luck with yours! :)

ranjen617

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2014
Thanks looking forward to your thoughts. I could get the black at least the drip tip is red lol! I love the Gold too.
Mine is in black and looks pretty good. Red drip tip is a black and red swirl. Nice looking. I like the gold as well. Maybe my next one and the SS.

Reactions: Heartsdelight

ranjen617

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2014
So far the Faris is rocking! No issues whatsoever. Flavors are all on point and able to taste every high and low note on this. Extremely satisfied.
I'm going to buy two more after Christmas. Looking at the Gold and SS. Might look into the rainbow since my mods are of that nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread