Status
Not open for further replies.

VegasDealer

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2013
Las Vegas
I have both Crème De Menthe and Dark Chocolate, but have yet to use either of them in any mixes. I would think that either would probably be better off as a highlight to a multiple ingredient recipe rather than stand-alone flavors. Maybe not though...

Actually, I think I may have a menthol recipe steeping that I used the Crème De Menthe in. I have about 20 or so menthol recipes currently steeping and will post the results once the wife tastes them (she is very particular about her menthol, so I don't expect a lot of good results, but who knows...)

VegasDealer

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2013
Las Vegas
Working on the butterscotch right now, my first attempt was too weak. May load the new batch in my tank today.

Gonna load my Butterscotch (for Joie) in a few minutes to see where its at.

I can say this though, the last time I tried it when it was too weak, I put ONE DROP of Raspberry in my tank and it almost tasted like the raspberry truffles out of the chocolate boxes, so, I will attempt a raspberry truffle with the butterscotch, raspberry and milk chocolate sometime soon.

Last edited:

VegasDealer

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2013
Las Vegas
MBV BEETLEJUICE

48mg 100% PG - 25%
PG - 21%
VG - 35%
MBV Raspberry - 5%
MBV Mango - 3%
MBV Pineapple - 5%
MBV Strawberry - 6%

Resulting mix = 12mg, 65/35

steeped two weeks (could possible steep 1 week)

Filled my Protank II on my eVic at 5.7 watts and 3.77 volts with a 2.5 ohm coil and a 4-6 second burn and it tastes awesome to me. Tastes like a Pes (key not working on keyboard) Candy flavor to me. Was good for one tank, but could not handle a second tank and went back to a tank of my mixed "Moo juice" (see previous recipe in this thread).

VegasDealer

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2013
Las Vegas
My mixing methods:

First, I transfer all liquids which I purchased in large quantities (such as nicotine, PG and VG) into more manageable 50ML bottles with drip caps.

Next, when making small taste batches of say 5ML, I am able to drip the drops from the 50ml bottles with ease. And because I am using mostly MBV flavorings, as well as their 50ml bottles, the drippers from both the flavoring bottles and the nic, PG and VG bottles are nearly identical in volume, making my drips consistent throughout.

When I make large quantities, I again use the nic, PG and VG from the 50ml bottles, but instead of painstaking count 100's of drops from each bottle, I remove the dripper and use 1ml "oral syringes" (no needles at all and they fit perfectly through the neck of the MBV bottles) and insert the syringe into the 50ml bottle and draw up what I need 1ml at a time and transfer to my mixing bottle. I also have separate syringes for each nic, PG, VG and each ingredient (if it is more than say 1ml to be added to the batch), thus preventing cross-contamination. I also use a sharpie and label each syringe (above where it will enter into the ingredient) then put a piece of scotch tape over the label. This way I don't get them mixed up and can use them multiple times in one sitting when making more than one batch of juice. After I am done mixing I thoroughly was them with water and let them dry out for re-use next time (with labels still intact).

You can get the oral syringes from your local pharmacy, and if you are a regular there, they may do like they do with me, and give you a handful of them for FREE. If not, the cost of each syringe will probably be less than 25-cents each.

marshbunny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
NE GA, USA
VegasDealer,
You might can help me out with this. One of my friends tried my MtBaker Cinnamon Roll and loved it. They wanted me to make them some of my MtBaker Cinnamon Roll with 100%VG and I am trying to figure out how to do that. I think the best that I can do is 20pg 80vg because the MtBaker flavoring is pg based and with that much vg even 20% flavoring might be weak. Do you know where I can get VG based flavoring?
I wanted to branch out a little so I just placed a order from Wizard Labs and Perfumers Apprentice for more flavors. At Wizard Labs I was able to get 100%VG nic and 100%PG nic which MtBaker doesn't offer. So I do have the nic base, just need to find the flavoring.

VegasDealer

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2013
Las Vegas
VegasDealer,
You might can help me out with this. One of my friends tried my MtBaker Cinnamon Roll and loved it. They wanted me to make them some of my MtBaker Cinnamon Roll with 100%VG and I am trying to figure out how to do that. I think the best that I can do is 20pg 80vg because the MtBaker flavoring is pg based and with that much vg even 20% flavoring might be weak. Do you know where I can get VG based flavoring?
I wanted to branch out a little so I just placed a order from Wizard Labs and Perfumers Apprentice for more flavors. At Wizard Labs I was able to get 100%VG nic and 100%PG nic which MtBaker doesn't offer. So I do have the nic base, just need to find the flavoring.

I have seen some VG base flavorings at myfreedomsmokes, other than that, not sure. They also have 100% VG or PG nicotine at reasonable prices too.

VegasDealer

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2013
Las Vegas
MBV Butterscotch

My first attempt at this flavor was mixed at 10% at 65/35, which was very weak to me. I increased it to 20% flavoring taking the batch up to 71/39, and now all I get is creamy sweet with no hint of butterscotch at all. So, I am going to back down to 15% and back to 65/35 (whole new batch as patching the current one is probably not an option, but will experiment with what I do have left of the 20% flavored batch).

More results of more flavorings tomorrow as the steeping of the batches is slowly maturing (have some items I haven't tested that were mixed the second week of September)

fabianx4

Sep 10, 2013
Everett WA
Been using MBV for a couple of months now ... I have been doing 17 to 22% total flavoring @ a 50/50 mix.

So far so good there Strawberrie and watermelon mix done @ 15 straw and 6 water is amazing !!!!

I only vape 6mg and use a pro tank 2 on a vamo v2 @ 4.5watts 2.2ohm coil

there peach mango is another huge hit for me I let all mine steep 7- 10 days in the window seal seem to be good ... I am trying a batch right now in the dark to see if makes that much of a diffrence { i will keep you posted
] ... both batches are getting shaken every other day and the window seel one is 24 hr lid off and 24 lid on ... The dark was first 24 lid off and rest on

ut1205

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2013
Chattanooga, Tn, USA
I hesitate posting this because most recipes I find and try are just not for me but I mixed a test batch (no nic) of MBV Peanut Butter at 10%, steeped it for 1 week, and it is very good. I have another test batch steeping at 15% and it will be ready to test in a couple of days. If it is too strong I will mix the two together and try 12.5% or mix a fresh batch of 12.5% since I can't seem to stop vaping the no nic 10% stuff. I'll post back when complete.

Joie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2012
Illinois
MBV Butterscotch

My first attempt at this flavor was mixed at 10% at 65/35, which was very weak to me. I increased it to 20% flavoring taking the batch up to 71/39, and now all I get is creamy sweet with no hint of butterscotch at all. So, I am going to back down to 15% and back to 65/35 (whole new batch as patching the current one is probably not an option, but will experiment with what I do have left of the 20% flavored batch).

More results of more flavorings tomorrow as the steeping of the batches is slowly maturing (have some items I haven't tested that were mixed the second week of September)

sounds like you are getting there......keep up the good posts....they are very nice to read about your success.

VegasDealer

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2013
Las Vegas
Been using MBV for a couple of months now ... I have been doing 17 to 22% total flavoring @ a 50/50 mix.

So far so good there Strawberrie and watermelon mix done @ 15 straw and 6 water is amazing !!!!

I only vape 6mg and use a pro tank 2 on a vamo v2 @ 4.5watts 2.2ohm coil

there peach mango is another huge hit for me I let all mine steep 7- 10 days in the window seal seem to be good ... I am trying a batch right now in the dark to see if makes that much of a diffrence { i will keep you posted
] ... both batches are getting shaken every other day and the window seel one is 24 hr lid off and 24 lid on ... The dark was first 24 lid off and rest on

Gonna mix this one in a few minutes, sounds tasty!

ut1205

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2013
Chattanooga, Tn, USA
I hesitate posting this because most recipes I find and try are just not for me but I mixed a test batch (no nic) of MBV Peanut Butter at 10%, steeped it for 1 week, and it is very good. I have another test batch steeping at 15% and it will be ready to test in a couple of days. If it is too strong I will mix the two together and try 12.5% or mix a fresh batch of 12.5% since I can't seem to stop vaping the no nic 10% stuff. I'll post back when complete.

I finished my testing and decided to use 12.5%. The 15% mixture was good but a little on the strong side. In my limited experience with DIY I have found that my homemade juice tends to get a little stronger after adding nic and steeping for a while so that's why I backed off to 12.5%. I don't think you can go wrong between 10% and 13%. I have not purchased MBV premade Peanut Butter juice but I can't imagine it being any better than mine.

ut1205

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2013
Chattanooga, Tn, USA
I have both Crème De Menthe and Dark Chocolate, but have yet to use either of them in any mixes. I would think that either would probably be better off as a highlight to a multiple ingredient recipe rather than stand-alone flavors. Maybe not though...

I have both Crème De Menthe and Dark Chocolate juices (not flavoring) from MBV. I mix 1/3 Crème De Menthe to 2/3 Dark Chocolate and it is pretty tasty. I'm not a fan of Dark chocolate by itself but it is a good mixer. I also tried a mix of the Dark Chocolate with MVP Candy Cane and it was OK but not as good as the Crème De Menthe .

VegasDealer

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2013
Las Vegas
I have both Crème De Menthe and Dark Chocolate juices (not flavoring) from MBV. I mix 1/3 Crème De Menthe to 2/3 Dark Chocolate and it is pretty tasty. I'm not a fan of Dark chocolate by itself but it is a good mixer. I also tried a mix of the Dark Chocolate with MVP Candy Cane and it was OK but not as good as the Crème De Menthe .

I wonder if that ratio may work using flavorings? I am currently out of empty bottles, but more should be arriving today or tomorrow from MBV and maybe I will play with it a bit and give it to the wife (real mints give me headaches).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread