Status
Not open for further replies.

VegasDealer

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2013
Las Vegas
CRITICAL ALERT!

I have posted some recipes up here where the mixing percentages are WAY OFF!

What happened is this, I have used "droppers" to mix small batches of 5ml. As I noticed that the 5ml in a 15ml bottle didn't take up 1/3 of the bottle, I knew something wasn't right. I just figured that the "drops" were not actually 20 drops per mil and that all would still be consistent, but not quite 5ml in the test batches.

Then, as I mixed larger batches of juice (30-50ml) I no longer used droppers and instead used oral syringes so I would not have to count out 500 drops of something.

Well, as the larger batches started completing their steep and as I started vaping them, it turned out that they tasted nothing like the test batches!

So I grabbed a graduated 10ml glass cylinder and test measured my PG, VG, nicotine, and flavorings. I was shocked at the results! I use the ejuicemeup calculator and use the drops column on the test batches, and if successful I then made batches of 30-50ml juices using the milliliter column. Therein lied my major mistake.

Here is how many "drops" for each liquid I measured it takes to equal 1ml (I used the basic assumption on the calculator that 20 drops = 1ml when mixing test batches): 48mg 100% PG - 33 drops for 1ml; Distilled Water - 26 drops for 1 ml; VG - 29 drops for 1 ml; PG - 40 drops for 1ml; flavorings - 35 drops for 1ml

As you can see, the drops per milliliter is extremely inconsistent and the calculator cannot be adjusted to factor in each different ratio. But at a small level (5ml) the inconsistencies are not large enough to affect the taste in a major way. But once one starts using the same formula and uses milliliters instead of drops for measuring, it's like being 1 degree off when walking, doesn't matter for a block or two, but after 20 miles you will be far away from your goal.

So, from here on out I will no longer use ANY dropper to measure even my test batches and will ONLY USE oral syringes, as I know that 1ml equals 1ml, period.

Sorry for the posting of the wrong recipe percentages (not all of them though) and I will come back and repost the corrections to the recipes once I get it all worked out.

ut1205

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2013
Chattanooga, Tn, USA
I have MBV Double Dutch Chocolate, Snack Candy Bar, and Wintergreen flavors on the way. I can't find any post with starting percentages for these flavors. I know most are around 15% but some are less. Anyone mixed theses as "stand alone" flavors? Any ideas?

Flavors arrived today. Guess I'm on my own!

Chas_L

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2013
Buchanan Ga
20 drops equals 20 drops and that is all. Noone should ever use drops to measure flavorings however many do just that. Even if you test each PG .VG, flavorings etc. the number of drops per ml will change with temperature changes and with the amount of liquid in the bottle and how fast the drops form and fall.

I have seen Utube videos where they pour what looks like about 1/3 bottle of this , 1/3 bottle that that ,40 drops of Nic base and 8 drops of flavoring give it a shake and a try and rave about how great it is.

kcsdad

Oct 9, 2013
Oklahoma
Does anyone have any good recipes that use MBV Dark Chocolate flavoring? I've been adding 5 drops of it to 2ml tank full of EVO Frost Bite (a lighter peppermint sort-of flavor), and that's good, but I'd like to use it in a 100% DIY juice mix using MBV flavors. I just don't really know where to start with it. Any suggestions? I'm into dessert/drink/fruit flavors, not tobacco flavors. Thanks.

Sambuca

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Albuquerque
Last week I purchased an ultrasonic cleaner (UC), and what a great investment!

First, DO NOT use plastic bottles in a UC, as it may heat up the plastic and add garbage from the plastic to your mix. Make a small investment in some glass bottles if you are going to use a UC
Glass Bottles - Wholesale Pricing | Freund Container & Supply

Now the next thing I discovered with my UC the other day is that I can use it to clean my old used coils! As long as the coil is not shorting out, I drop the coils in a separate small glass bowl filled with water, then place that in the UC and let er rip! INSTANTLY the water in the small bowl becomes filthy from the stuff on the coils. It has even removed the burnt residue from the coils making them fresh again!

sweet innovation! :thumb:

Last edited:

ut1205

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2013
Chattanooga, Tn, USA
I just finished a batch of MBV Sugar Cookie and got it flavored to my liking. To me a sugar cookie has "dough" and "sweet" flavors. Not really anything else. To me that is what it pretty much taste like but I may have made it a little too sweet.

The 5ml test batch was 80% PG and 20% VG and no nic. Flavoring was added at 15%. All ingredents were mixed in a 10ml test tube and measured with 14 or 16 gauge needles and syringes. My dropper has been checked and was drops 21 drops per ml. The test mix was heated to 120 deg F for 2 hours and allowed to steep in the capped test tube for 7 days.

All testing was done in an Evod with a 2 ohm coil and a fixed voltage Ego battery. After the steeping was complete I vaped the 15% mixture. Pretty good but somewhat weak for my taste. Also not sweet enough for my taste. I measured .95 ml into a dram bottle and added one drop of MBV Cotton Candy. This increased total volume to 1ml and added 5% sweetener. In another dram bottle I measured .9ml of the original 15% mix and added one drop of Sugar Cookie flavoring and one drop of MBV Cotton Candy (made flavor 20% and sweetener 5%).Let steep for two days and tried each. The 15% batch was still a little weak but the sweetness tasted right. The 20% batch had somewhat of an "off" flavor. Not bad but not good.

I mixed to two dram bottles together which resulted in a 17.5% flavor mixture and 5% sweetener. This was pretty much perfect for my taste. I mixed a 5ml bottle to these specs and added nic at 20%, steeped for four days and tried again. It was very good and taste like I think a sugar cookie taste. The nic seemed to bring out the sweet taste more so the only thing that I might change on the next batch is to reduce the Cotton Candy to about 3%.

If you like your flavors weak or muted then the 15% mix will probably work for you. I like mine bold and a lot of taste so I will stick with the 17.5% mix. This is a good sweet bakery type mix but no real distinct flavor. It could probably be mixed with Peanut Butter or some other flavoring for a flavored cookie.

Final Mix
80% PG / 20% VG / 20mg Nic
MBV Sugar Cookie 17.5%
MBV Cotton Candy 3-5% (sweeten to taste)

VegasDealer

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2013
Las Vegas
I just ordered a bunch of flavors and a couple bottles of pre-mixed from Mt baker today....I'll be working on a caramel apple,a blueberry,an RY4 caramel,nutty,creamy flavor and halo voodoo clone for my first try's.I am not sure how long to steep new juices,that is my achilles heel so to say.

I steep everything at least one week before I even attempt to taste it. I watch the color to see if it is changing and I smell the batch to see if it has any odd smells like alcohol, floral etc...

VegasDealer

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2013
Las Vegas
Does anyone have any good recipes that use MBV Dark Chocolate flavoring? I've been adding 5 drops of it to 2ml tank full of EVO Frost Bite (a lighter peppermint sort-of flavor), and that's good, but I'd like to use it in a 100% DIY juice mix using MBV flavors. I just don't really know where to start with it. Any suggestions? I'm into dessert/drink/fruit flavors, not tobacco flavors. Thanks.

Dark chocolate: I have the flavoring but have not worked with it exclusively yet. Think about the flavoring like this though, "Valentines Day" and a box of chocolates, then think about what flavors those different chocolates have. Raspberry? Orange? Nuts? Caramel? Then I may think about the piece of chocolate and how much of it coats the piece of candy as I try to think about what percentage to use. I could be way off base here, but that's my thought process without having worked with it much yet.

VegasDealer

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2013
Las Vegas
MBV 555

48mg, 100% PG - 37.6%
PG - 9.6%
VG - 40%
MBV 555 - 10%
TFA Sweetener - 3%

resulting mix = 18mg, 60/40

steep FIVE WEEKS

I made a small batch of this (10ml) and instantly vaped every drop of it. I loved it!

CAUTION! As I have recently posted, my measuring methods for test batches was flawed (using droppers) and this recipe may not be accurate! The most critical error is the MBV 555 flavoring which may be up to 1/2 of the volume of what was originally posted. I will reattempt this recipe soon. I apologize for the error.

VegasDealer

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2013
Las Vegas
Okay, here is my first review of MBV DIY flavorings:

"MOO JUICE"

I First mixed it at 10% 80/20 18mg, let it steep for two weeks and it was very week.

I went back and increased the flavoring to 20% in the original mix, thus cutting everything back resulting in a 71/29 14mg mix and let it steep another week (capped).

I loaded it up in a cleaned ProTank using an eVic (very great mod, and you will see why below).

At 5.5 ohms it was tasting like it had some kind of alcohol taste to it and burning my tongue. So I think I needed to let it steep some more, but knew it had already steeped for weeks.

Here is where my eVic showed it's great features off as I played with its many settings:

1.9 ohm coil
4.35 volts
10 watts
2 second automatic burn time (I press the firing button and the device burns for 2 seconds WITHOUT my finger on the trigger so I do not over-burn the juice)

The Results:
Tastes EXACTLY like it smells (and I love that great Moo Juice aroma) in the bottle. The eVic settings gives me a great big plume of smoke and perfect taste with only a 2 second burn.

I have went through an entire filled ProTank in a few hours as I can't set this great tasting juice down. The juice did NOT discolor as I neared the bottom of the tank and I just refilled it with another tank full of "MOO JUICE" from Mount Baker Vapor.

My opinion:
The "Moo juice" is a very complex flavor that needs to be vaped with a very complex device such as the eVic to achieve the perfect taste and plumes of smoke.

More reviews:
I have another FORTY batches of different flavors steeping atm and will return with the results on those as they mature.

UPDATE: I have now gotten the same taste of the Moo Juice aroma using the above listed equipment now using 5.3ohms (matured another few days)

CAUTION! As I have recently posted, my measuring methods for test batches was flawed (using droppers) and this recipe may not be accurate! The most critical error is the MBV Moo Juice flavoring which may be up to 1/2 of the volume of what was originally posted. I will reattempt this recipe soon. I apologize for the error.

VegasDealer

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2013
Las Vegas
MBV "Rootbeer":

100% PG, 48mg nic - 37.6%
PG - 12.4%
VG - 40%
MBV Rootbeer flavoring - 10%

Resulting mix = 18mg @ 60/40

Steeped 4 days

awesome result! vaped two tanks on my eVic, Protank II at 5.5 watts, 3.7 volts, 2.5ohm coil

CAUTION! As I have recently posted, my measuring methods for test batches was flawed (using droppers) and this recipe may not be accurate! The most critical error is the MBV Root Beer flavoring which may be up to 1/2 of the volume of what was originally posted. I will reattempt this recipe soon. I apologize for the error.

VegasDealer

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2013
Las Vegas
MBV Café Coffee

65/35 18mg Nicotene (all I had at the time) - 88.88%
PG - .24%
VG - .88%
MBV Café Coffee concentration - 10%
2 drops of TFA Sweetener (MBV is always out)

Mix result = 16mg, 68/32

After 2 weeks of steeping I tasted this and it was awful, very bitter. I decided to add the 2 drops of sweetener then and let it steep two more weeks.

Total steep time = FOUR WEEKS

Filled my Protank II on my eVic at 5.7 watts and 3.77 volts with a 2.5 ohm coil and a 4-6 second burn and it tastes awesome to me. Tastes like a dark roasted coffee with a bit of sugar.

Next time I will change to 48mg, 100% PG and adjust the PG/VG to get me at 65/35. And instead of adding 2 drops of sweetener I will add 2% MBV Sweet Cream (I like cream and sugar in my coffee ;))

But, even as it is as mixed above, I am on my second tank today!

CAUTION! As I have recently posted, my measuring methods for test batches was flawed (using droppers) and this recipe may not be accurate! The most critical error is the MBV Café Coffee flavoring which may be up to 1/2 of the volume of what was originally posted. I will reattempt this recipe soon. I apologize for the error.

VegasDealer

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2013
Las Vegas
MBV BEETLEJUICE

48mg 100% PG - 25%
PG - 21%
VG - 35%
MBV Raspberry - 5%
MBV Mango - 3%
MBV Pineapple - 5%
MBV Strawberry - 6%

Resulting mix = 12mg, 65/35

steeped two weeks (could possible steep 1 week)

Filled my Protank II on my eVic at 5.7 watts and 3.77 volts with a 2.5 ohm coil and a 4-6 second burn and it tastes awesome to me. Tastes like a Pes (key not working on keyboard) Candy flavor to me. Was good for one tank, but could not handle a second tank and went back to a tank of my mixed "Moo Juice" (see previous recipe in this thread).

CAUTION! As I have recently posted, my measuring methods for test batches was flawed (using droppers) and this recipe may not be accurate! The most critical error is the MBV flavorings which may be up to 1/2 of the volume of what was originally posted. I will reattempt this recipe soon. I apologize for the error.

VegasDealer

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2013
Las Vegas
MBV RY4:

48mg 100% PG - 37.5%
PG - 16.5%
VG - 30%
MBV RY4 - 15%
Sweetener - 1%

Steep time - FIVE WEEKS

resulting mix = 18mg, 70/30

Pretty nice vape for me and I add other pre-mixed flavors (like strawberry) to it for a great vape. The wife also likes this with some menthol, koolada and vape wizard (but haven't mixed a dedicated menthol batch with it yet to get the percentages down, but will probably be 3%, 2% and 1% respectively)

I am also going to try another batch at 65/35 with 12.5% RY4 soon.

CAUTION! As I have recently posted, my measuring methods for test batches was flawed (using droppers) and this recipe may not be accurate! The most critical error is the MBV RY4 which may be up to 1/2 of the volume of what was originally posted. I will reattempt this recipe soon. I apologize for the error.

VegasDealer

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2013
Las Vegas
Okay been busy mixing 25 or so menthol blends for the wife and will report on those as soon as she grades them for me.

I do have four other non-menthol batches which I have tried (found recipes in either different threads here or in various other spots) in the past few days and will now post those:

StrawberryMelon

48mg 100% PG - 37.5%
PG - 1.5%
VG - 40%
MBV Strawberry Flavoring - 15%
TFA Watermelon (MBV was out when I got this one) - 6%

Steeped two weeks (probably would have been good after one week)

Resulting recipe: 18mg @ 60/40

Nice tasting Strawberry Watermelon mix and now have made a 30ml bottle

MBV Toasted Almond
48mg 100% PG - 37.6%
PG - 6%
VG - 38.4%
Distilled Water - 3%
MBV Toasted Almond Flavoring - 10%
MBV French Vanilla Flavoring - 4%
MBV Graham Cracker Flavoring - 1%

Steeped two weeks (probably would have been good after one week)

Resulting recipe: 18mg @ 60/40

Nice tasting sweet toasted almond flavor and now have made a 30ml bottle

MBV Slow Comfortable Screw
48mg 100% PG - 37.5%
PG - 6%
VG - 39.5%
Distilled Water - 1%
MBV Orange Flavoring - 10%
MBV French Vanilla Flavoring - 1%
Black Licorice Flavoring - 1%
MBV Peach Flavoring - 2%
MBV Black Berry Flavoring - 2%

steeped 10 days

resulting mix: 18mg, 60/40

Spicy kinda orange flavor. 30ml bottle now steeping

MBV Cinnamon Roll
48mg 100% PG - 37.51%
PG - 7.51%
VG - 35%
MBV Cinnamon Roll - 20%

Steeped one week

resulting mix: 18mg 65/35

I can't put this one down! EXCELLANT! I have 60ml steeping now. I find that my tank lasted a loooong time too (ProTank II on all these recipes)

CAUTION! As I have recently posted, my measuring methods for test batches was flawed (using droppers) and this recipe may not be accurate! The most critical error is the MBV Cinnamon Roll (the other recipes may be accurate in a large batch) which may be up to 1/2 of the volume of what was originally posted. I will reattempt this recipe soon. I apologize for the error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread