Mouth inhale nose exhale no lungs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Since I've been vaping (> 6 years), I've heard that most of the nic in vapor is absorbed in the mucous membranes of the mouth, throat, and nose. I don't know if there have been any scientific studies that document that as being true. Theory is the nicotine molecule in vapor is larger than the nicotine molecule in smoke, so the vapor molecule may not get into the lung's tiny alveoli (air sacs) for absorbtion. So in theory, its not necessary to inhale vapor into your lungs to absorb your nicotine.

It's also probably benefitual to exhale some of your vapor out of your nose. Our sense of smell works closely with our sense of taste. You can probably relate to this when you have a really congested nose and you temporarily can't taste your food or drink.

Since many recent smokers have damaged taste buds from years of smoking (vaper's tongue), exhaled vapor out of your nose can help you "taste" the flavors in your vapor. Often I can taste one flavor component of the juice while inhaling, and another flavor component during the exhale.

Last edited:

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
Somehow I started to do that when I started vaping...never really a problem. I don't make the clouds because the inhaled doesn't get launched out of the deep lungs. But, the inhale fills my mouth and I taste the flavor. The I send it out through the nasal passages and the little vape bubbles cling to my nasal hairs. Exhale easy. Smells wonderful.

It is definitely tootling...but the smell and taste is rather good. But, always, to each their own. :)

Nate5700

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2014
Jenks, OK, USA
I have occasionally done this while smoking a cigar. As was said, smell and taste are linked and I always seemed to get more flavor that way. And it doesn't hit as fast as a cigarette but you can get quite a bit of nicotine from a cigar that way.

I've been inhaling into the lungs vaping. I don't know if you get nicotine from the lungs or not (why would a nicotine molecule be any smaller in smoke than in vapor?) but I guess for me it helps to make the experience more cigarette-like. I use a tight airflow and vape MTL too. But I think just taking it into the mouth and nose is a perfectly valid way to vape if you want.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
Im confused....i put the driptip to my nose and inhaled deeply. Then, after the initial firey burn inside my nose, i went into a 20 sneezing fit before i blacked out. When i came to, my nose was running like a leaky faucet. Cant hardly wait to try this again....:headbang:

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Well, thanks alot. I just got booed off the stage at a state level cloud comp and the other bruhs in my vape posse cut off my patches and bottom rocker from my vape vest. 2 years....2 years I vaped as a prospect before becoming a full patch member! All for nothing. This technique cost me everything! Worst day evah. :(

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Well, thanks alot. I just got booed off the stage at a state level cloud comp and the other bruhs in my vape posse cut off my patches and bottom rocker from my vape vest. 2 years....2 years I vaped as a prospect before becoming a full patch member! All for nothing. This technique cost me everything! Worst day evah. :(
There are vape vests? I am horrified.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Awesome. Glad myEm likes pizza.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
has the title says is it a good nic absorption technic because I have become allergic to vaping and my lungs don't like it but I can do a mouth to nose
and i get a really good punch on the head and nose because it seems that the nic is instantly absorbed
Welcome to ECF. How long have you been vaping Mike?

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread