Mouth irritation from certain juices

Status
Not open for further replies.

JR789

Mar 7, 2022
It was joked on a few videos I watched today that the return to build mods and tanks may be coming.

I have never done so, but one might want to stock up on mods and rda's RTA's over the next few months. Nicotine is also becoming harder to acquire, and (I believe imo) that it will become more expensive.
Yeah, you definitely save money with rebuildables. I was at a brick and mortar the other day and was told rebuildables are now illegal to sell here. Something to do with child safety. I don't buy it. Big tobacco losing too much money.

Luckily I have a few rtas, rdtas and an RDA. But I think they will still be available online. You always want the next one once you start buying them.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
Making your own can be very rewarding or disastrous lol. It takes time to learn. I've made stuff that I couldn't get enough of and I've made stuff I couldn't stand. One thing to remember is don't try to get too technical about it. It really is easy as adding nic base and flavorings and any vg/pg ratio you want (the only pg I use is already in the nic and flavorings so I don't add more). For your first mix, stick to the simple with no more than 2 or 3 flavorings. Recipes abound on the internet and as they said some are winners and some are not. What I did was study what others were using, percentage wise, with different flavorings and then used that as a rough guide on how much to use when I sit down to create my own recipes. I'll shut up now, there is a whole separate sub forum on this topic.

• Agree
Reactions: JR789

JR789

Mar 7, 2022
Making your own can be very rewarding or disastrous lol. It takes time to learn. I've made stuff that I couldn't get enough of and I've made stuff I couldn't stand. One thing to remember is don't try to get too technical about it. It really is easy as adding nic base and flavorings and any vg/pg ratio you want (the only pg I use is already in the nic and flavorings so I don't add more). For your first mix, stick to the simple with no more than 2 or 3 flavorings. Recipes abound on the internet and as they said some are winners and some are not. What I did was study what others were using, percentage wise, with different flavorings and then used that as a rough guide on how much to use when I sit down to create my own recipes. I'll shut up now, there is a whole separate sub forum on this topic.

Yes. Excellent advise. I've been reading a lot since I posted last. Ordered some diy supplies. Found recipes here and ELR I liked and even made a few of my own. Mostly 2 flavours. So far my favorite is a matata-like grape candy and Fuji apple with a little sweetener. Very pleasant and not as sweet as commercial.
Theres definitely a learning curve though. Been reading recipes and hitting YouTube as much as possible. Lol

JR789

Mar 7, 2022
Btw: for anyone interested the mouth irritation cleared up. For someone else who experiences this stay hydrated and keep sipping water. Also use a saliva replacement spray or gel.

I made my own spray the worked like a charm. Find a small spray bottle that fits in a pocket. Dissolve 2 pkgs of xylitol sweetener in some water. This makes up about 65 or 70% of the bottle. Top it off with VG and shake well. Works great and is pretty much the same ingredients as biotene spray. You can use more VG and less water if you like a higher viscosity. You could probably put a drop of flavouring in there if you are a diy juice person.
Hope this helps someone in future.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I was at a brick and mortar the other day and was told rebuildables are now illegal to sell here. Something to do with child safety.

I remember reading here on ECF that the reason most shops don't sell rebuildables anymore is because the FDA said shops cannot teach people how to use their vapes anymore (there was a link to this, but I won't bother to try to find it). As such, most shops had to do away with rebuildables because not being able to teach a newb about rebuildables and safety poses a big liability risk, not just to children but for the end user. Of course, some shops still sell them. I called a local shop about a year ago and was told they have some rebuildables that are older and are only selling them to sell-through that stock, but not buying new stock.

I remember the other shop in town, back in 2013/14 used to have free building classes once to twice a week but I doubt they do that anymore, nor sell rebuildables.

JR789

Mar 7, 2022
    I remember reading here on ECF that the reason most shops don't sell rebuildables anymore is because the FDA said shops cannot teach people how to use their vapes anymore (there was a link to this, but I won't bother to try to find it). As such, most shops had to do away with rebuildables because not being able to teach a newb about rebuildables and safety poses a big liability risk, not just to children but for the end user. Of course, some shops still sell them. I called a local shop about a year ago and was told they have some rebuildables that are older and are only selling them to sell-through that stock, but not buying new stock.

I remember the other shop in town, back in 2013/14 used to have free building classes once to twice a week but I doubt they do that anymore, nor sell rebuildables.

Right. Makes sense there would be a liability issue there. I think the shops make more money off replacement coils than cotton and kanthal too. Like 1000% or so,lol.

Still can't beat the prices at fasttech and AliExpress, etc. Some local online stores have older models on clearance as well if you're not a trend setter with the newest Atty as a priority:)

Lenni

Apr 11, 2022
    Hi Does anyone here get mouth irritation from certain ejuices?
    I get it from nic salts generally and from some strong fruit flavours like pinnapple.
    Even on high ohm low power MTL set ups I have this issue.
    Just testing the water to see if it's a topic worth starting. Thanks
    Some flavours have been prooved to be irritant, I dunno about citric flavours, but cinnamon ones can be highly toxic. Also, there´s a thing with PG allergy, it might be related to that.

• Agree

JR789

Mar 7, 2022
    Some flavours have been prooved to be irritant, I dunno about citric flavours, but cinnamon ones can be highly toxic. Also, there´s a thing with PG allergy, it might be related to that.

Yeah I've read about cinnamon. I vape 70vg 30 pg or less if I diy my juice. But I found over the last few weeks I need a mouth spray from time to time and drink lots of water. It all worked out for me.
    Also some MTL style drip tips we're focusing the vape too sharply to one area of my mouth at a time. I switched to wider 510 drip tips which diffuse the vape more widely and that helped.

Everyone is different I guess (especially me:))

Max Power

ECF Veteran
    Nov 4, 2009
    Yeah I've read about cinnamon. I vape 70vg 30 pg or less if I diy my juice. But I found over the last few weeks I need a mouth spray from time to time and drink lots of water. It all worked out for me.
    Also some MTL style drip tips we're focusing the vape too sharply to one area of my mouth at a time. I switched to wider 510 drip tips which diffuse the vape more widely and that helped.

Everyone is different I guess (especially me:))
    I have the same issues as you. I usually vape unflavored juice, and PG dries out my mouth too much so I use max VG. I get my nic with pg since it lasts longer but I use VG to dilute. Still better than smoking ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread