Mouth only inhaling safest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
First of all, its not "smoke". There is no combustion going on with vaping. Its vapor.

I'm still trying to figure out WHY you are vaping? Especially since you are not using nicotine in your e-cigarette.

If you were using nicotine, you would not necessarily need to inhale it into your lungs to absorb the nicotine. Nicotine can be absorbed in the mucous membranes of your mouth and throat.

You might be interested in the below study, but keep in mind it was a SMALL study. If you smoke, e-cigarettes are a safer alternative to smoking. If you don't smoke, don't vape.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Bill Clinton style?
50b1b08e338a6a3061f098c80a8487223745e3c8.jpeg

• Winner
Reactions: smacuser

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Hey,

I have a question:
Is it the safe to just inhale the smoke in your mouth and blow it out, without exhaling it to the lungs or nose.

That's what I currently do with 0mg nicotine, is this still harmful cause of other chemicals or how does it exactly work? Interesting topic.

If you're concerned or worried about the safety of vaping 0 Nic, probably best to not vape at all.

Inhaling anything other than clean fresh air comes with risks.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
@lilracks - Nicotine in vapor is readily absorbed in the mouth cheek cells, in the nasal passages, and in the sinus cavities. If you're not using any nicotine in your eliquid...there's none to be absorbed.

If you're not vaping as a way to hopefully cut down on, and eventually quit, cigarettes...I just wouldn't vape at all.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    Sounds more like a novelty or fitting in with the crowd thing...
    I agree that neither smoking or vaping (if not a smoker in the first place) shouldn't be done in this case, but it's probably better to try and 'fit in' with the vaping crowd than the smoking crowd..

Last edited:

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    Even if your only pulling into your mouth, the suction is coming from somewhere. Your lungs are still coming in contact with the vapor, although not as much.

I don't agree. I've been vaping without inhaling vapor into my lungs since I first started vaping in Nov. 2013. My vapor goes only as far as the back of my throat, is held there for a second or so, and then back out my mouth and nose.

It takes suction to do that, not inhaling. You can create suction with the muscles in your mouth...without inhaling. Think about kids when they suck their thumb. They aren't inhaling when they do it!

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 5, 2011
    Knoxville, TN USA
    It always made my head explode a little when I saw "posers" bum a smoke from friends and not even inhale. It was just a show to look "cool".

OP, it seems to me that you are a poser and should just stop even trying to vape. There is no benefit in sucking flavored steam into your mouth. Are you even of legal age to possess tobacco? If not, ECF is prohibited, as well. Maybe try a baby binkie if the mouth suction effect holds some affinity to you. I'm stumped otherwise.

Last edited:

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 11, 2019
    Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
    I don't agree. I've been vaping without inhaling vapor into my lungs since I first started vaping in Nov. 2013. My vapor goes only as far as the back of my throat, is held there for a second or so, and then back out my mouth and nose.

It takes suction to do that, not inhaling. You can create suction with the muscles in your mouth...without inhaling. Think about kids when they suck their thumb. They aren't inhaling when they do it!
    I don't ever recall seeing a baby with an air hole in their thumb.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    @HigherStateD - I'm not the only one who vapes like I do, and doesn't inhale their vapor. There are quite a few of us on ECF who always vape that way. Seems like more people are trying it, too, in the last 6-8 months based on discussions in several threads.

ETA: Of course, you're always entitled to your own opinion, as to whether or not it's possible to vape without inhaling any vapor.

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 11, 2019
    Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
    @HigherStateD - I'm not the only one who vapes like I do, and doesn't inhale their vapor. There are quite a few of us on ECF who always vape that way. Seems like more people are trying it, too, in the last 6-8 months based on discussions in several threads.

ETA: Of course, you're always entitled to your own opinion, as to whether or not it's possible to vape without inhaling any vapor.
    I don't inhale my vapor intentionally either, but there is always going to be air that gets into the lungs.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread