Mouth to Lung or Direct-to-Lung?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikhforos

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2018
Hey there. I've been playing around a bit with my new coils( Many veterans in here helped with that) and I've noticed that when I do mouth to lung the flavor gets x2 better. Can't explain that but I like it so I'm leaning towards that way of vaping. - Gotta chase them clouds from time to time ofc, but mouth-to-lung is my go to now. Any thoughts?

PS: God, I'm posting a lot. But I love it :p

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
Hey there. I've been playing around a bit with my new coils( Many veterans in here helped with that) and I've noticed that when I do mouth to lung the flavor gets x2 better. Can't explain that but I like it so I'm leaning towards that way of vaping. - Gotta chase them clouds from time to time ofc, but mouth-to-lung is my go to now. Any thoughts?

I think that’s great that you have found what vapes the best for you! I’m still playing around with coils and watts to find my sweet spot. I’m getting there but it’s been trial and error oh and $$ lol!

sara

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I am a MTL vaper. I don't apologize for it either. Nor do I "look down" on cloud chasers. That's about as silly as pipe smokers looking down on cigarette smokers.

There is no "best" way of vaping, just what's best for you. So congrats on finding what you like, it may or may not change over time (I am more open to lower resistance than I used to be, though I'm still pretty MTL) but either way, if what is working for you now, is working, then fantastic!!

Anna

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
You ask good questions. I agree that flavor is enhanced for me too at lower watts/MTL. Seems to me that most juice will take a range of watts depending on the flavor and PG/VG ratio. MTL expands that zone because you are less apt to burn the juice.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
I find MTL is easier to get good flavour because there's less margin in each of the variables.

A DTL flavour changes a lot with a couple mm of play with placement of coils, type of coil, room left in the chamber, mass of metal used, etc.

In my experience it's more finicky but there's more potential that goes along with it.

Last edited:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I find MTL is easier to get good flavour because there's less margin in each of the variables.

Ok a DTL flavour changes a lot with a couple mm of play with placement of coils, type of coil, room left in the chamber, mass of metal used, etc.

In my experience it's more finicky but there's more potential that goes along with it.
And you get a full lung hit!

Reactions: stols001

Nikhforos

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2018
Thanks for the info everyone. What I've noticed is that many juices vape better in a certain way of vaping (watts/coil/ airflow), and I find higher vg juices to do equally well on MTL even though they are kind of meant to be for clouds. As for the amount of juice needed in either ways of vaping, that's not a big deal as I'm DIM. Btw, if you need some of the worst recipes in vaping history let me know. I've created a few along the way. LOL

• Love
Reactions: Letitia

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North

Thoughts? Yeah - different strokes and all that. Happy to hear that you have found the vaping style that suits you. :) No need to blow huge clouds to satisfy the nic cravings, unless you want to...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread