Move from .20 coils to .50 and I'm confused?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandy_H

Nov 27, 2016
I've been vaping the same tank & Tobeco coils & I usually use .20 buy have been chain vaping & my lungs are irritated so I tried to go from 6mg to 3mg but to weak so I split it to make it 4.5ish. I figured using a higher resistance in the .50 would weaken the vape but it's stronger & I'm confused cuz I thought it would be weaker? My 5 mg juice is now way to strong so I had some 3mg laying around & used that & it actually hits perfect except it makes me dizzy, light headed, hot lol. It's crazy, I know I've used the .50 before & don't remember noticing a difference? What is happening, why is 3mg making feel weird in a higher resistance coil? Was I wrong in thinking the .5 was going to hit weaker then the .2? That's my other question besides what the 3mg has me all weird lol. Like after a few hits I feel weird, shouldn't happen as I chain vape 4.5mg all day long since I'm not working. That's always been out the .2 coil but like I said I've mixed & matched before when supplier doesn't have the lower ohm & I never seen a difference, so weird. I don't get it?

Mandy_H

Nov 27, 2016
Is your mod temp controlled or mechanical?
Temp controlled. I've turned up, down. I switched back to my 5mg juice & it doesn't make me feel so dizzy & weird as the 3mg. Just so freaking weird. Maybe I'm dehydrated, never had this happen especially with the lowest nic I have! I'm guessing I'm just going to go back to .2 ohm coils, really thought it would hit weaker but it all seems backwards lol.

Reactions: Superuser187

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
I checked your coils cause I don't own this attomizer and it seems there are 0.2 and 0.5 coil and also with the same resistance there is mesh coils also....
Soooo maybe the 0.2u used to use was normal wire coil and the 0.5coil u got now it's mesh??? Cause if that's true then the mesh 0.5coil in most cases produce more vapor (and its a bit cooler usually)...Soo maybe that's why u feel that way...

As about the juice I guess u diy ???
Cause if that's too maybe u did a Miss calculation and it's not really 3mg nic???
Or maybe it was a store bought e juice and it's salt nic???
Also sometimes certain flavours give a throat hit...
Just saying hope u figure it out...

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I've been vaping the same tank & Tobeco coils & I usually use .20 buy have been chain vaping & my lungs are irritated so I tried to go from 6mg to 3mg but to weak so I split it to make it 4.5ish. I figured using a higher resistance in the .50 would weaken the vape but it's stronger & I'm confused cuz I thought it would be weaker? My 5 mg juice is now way to strong so I had some 3mg laying around & used that & it actually hits perfect except it makes me dizzy, light headed, hot lol. It's crazy, I know I've used the .50 before & don't remember noticing a difference? What is happening, why is 3mg making feel weird in a higher resistance coil? Was I wrong in thinking the .5 was going to hit weaker then the .2? That's my other question besides what the 3mg has me all weird lol. Like after a few hits I feel weird, shouldn't happen as I chain vape 4.5mg all day long since I'm not working. That's always been out the .2 coil but like I said I've mixed & matched before when supplier doesn't have the lower ohm & I never seen a difference, so weird. I don't get it?
Hi Mandy,
Please share the tank and coils you are using.
What power level (watts/joules) and temperature are you using with each coil type?
Do you mean 6mg/ml and 3mg/ml juice or 6% and 3%? What brand and flavor are you using?

Cheers
I

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
...What is happening, why is 3mg making feel weird in a higher resistance coil? Was I wrong in thinking the .5 was going to hit weaker then the .2? ...

For Us and what we use, Ohms, Volts and Watts are All Interdependent. Meaning if you Change One without change something else, your going to get a Different Hit.

My Daily Driver is a 0.4 Ohm RDA at 25 Watts. A Nice Warm Hit with Lots of Flavor. But If I put a 1.1 Ohm Coil in that same RDA with the Same e-Liquid and hit it at 25 Watts, I get a Too Hot/Not so Favorable Hit. More Vapor. But Too Hot of a Hit.

So to use that 1.1 Ohm Coil with the Same e-Liquid, I need to Drop the Wattage to get a Similar Hit as I did with the 0.4 Ohms Coil.

A General Rule of Thumb is if you Lower the Ohms then the need Higher the Watts to give you a Similar Hit. And if you Raise the Ohms, then you need Less Watts.

To figure out what is Going On with your Setup, you need to go thru and Eliminate things that could be the cause.

You have New Coils. Have you tried them in Wattage Mode with your Original e-Liquid? Maybe the TC Settings are making things taste strange?

You have a New e-Liquid. Have you tried it with your Old Coils?

Aerodan

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2020
AZ
I was noticing recently that I'd forgotten that two of my coils weren't stainless, and that TC was being very funky. One second they'd be too hot, the next nothing at all.

It sounds like maybe you've assured that's not the case, but maybe it helps some!

The other possibility is that your PG ratio got mixed higher than before? The symptoms sound similar to a bottle I made that accidentally got 100% PG. Now I always make batches straight from the VG bottle, and stopped using PG altogether, rather than test tubes that I think I know what's in them.

Anyway, good luck, I hope it's nothing serious and you feel better soon.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Like others have said, it's good old "process of elimination". I also agree about trying simple power (watts) mode. Here's the different coils listed:
Coil Specifications:
  • Super Tank Coil Family
    • 0.2 ohm
      • Vertical Coil Orientation
      • 40 to 100W
    • 0.5 ohm
      • Vertical Coil Orientation
      • 30 to 100W
    • 0.2 ohm
      • Mesh Coil
      • Japanese Organic Cotton
    • 0.5 ohm Mesh
      • Mesh Coil
      • Japanese Organic Cotton

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
I'm wondering what material (metals) these coils are made from. For example, you can't use TC with Kanthal (A1), stainless steel can use watts or TC... others require TC. Keep in mind I don't use TC so can't suggest anything besides what I mentioned. Also, Nickel (N200) can cause issues with some people (not so much with Nichrome (Ni80) although some people even have issues with that)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread