Status
Not open for further replies.

caffeinated

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NH
Ladies and gentlemen, for your entertainment and amusement, I present you with Movie Quiz number 106. :)

The thread will run its course for a week or so, and I'll bump it with hints and whatnot as needed. Answers will be posted when the time feels right.

There are eight screenshots below. Most of them should be fairly recognizable if you've seen the films. So, which of these movies can you identify?

Please answer with movie numbers only, not titles..
forum_flail.gif

Good luck!

movie-quiz_108.jpg

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Are we not supposed to actually name the movies?

Ive been staring at the shots and darn it Ive never seen #7 finally got all but 7

I LOVE #1 they are actually doing a small run of the book in the movie, and I have one coming in Jan !!!!

Last edited:

RedhatPat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2012
Lancaster, Pa
Howdy folks, RedhatPat here. Checking in live 'n direct from Amish Country. I thought I owed it to, a very awesome fella by name of, @caffeinated to visit this thread of his atleast once because he has made me (and countless other folks like my woman) laugh all these years with his posts in the Funy Pics Thread.

Now that's out of the way, I have to confess that I can't recognize ANY movie from the list!!!

image_zpseecf4aba.jpg

RHP

RedhatPat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2012
Lancaster, Pa
I know how you feel -- there are times I recognize very few, if any, and I consider myself a real movie buff.

Howdy FantWriter, RedhatPat here! Thanking ya for not making me feel like I'm totally in the dark or some hermit. You're missed by many Insomniacs, brother. I fancy myself a TV buff more than movies but ya probably already knew that from my Avatar. (Charlie Pace from Lost)

Fell asleep for awhile, and when I woke up I remembered 7. o_O Still missing 1 and 5.

Howdy there Westy, RedhatPat here. Pleasure to meet ya and I dunno if it was the way I read your post or the hour I read it at but this was the first thought that crossed my mind, jokingly of course!

image_zps1353b119.jpg

Hey Caf, fine job you're doing here m8. Dunno where ya find the time 'n drive to keep on speaking to us through images 'n topics ranging from thought-provoking material or "levity with brevity" by way of a simple pic or gif that makes folks bust a kidney laughing. My face has the same effect on women and small children, what a coincidence, folks!

I hope you get back, in some cosmic way, what you're putting into sharing 'm stuff :headbang:

RhP

caffeinated

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NH
I remember the scene in 7; just waiting for the title to come to me. Got the rest.
That's precisely why I chose that screenshot: It's easily the most identifiable scene in the movie. :)

Howdy folks, RedhatPat here. Checking in live 'n direct from Amish Country. I thought I owed it to, a very awesome fella by name of, @caffeinated to visit this thread of his atleast once because he has made me (and countless other folks like my woman) laugh all these years with his posts in the Funy Pics Thread.
You flatter me, sir. :blush:
Now that's out of the way, I have to confess that I can't recognize ANY movie from the list!!!
Check back when I post some hints over the weekend. They might help you out some.

Admit it -- you threw in #8 just for me, didn't you? :).
Hmm, maybe semi-subconsciously... What a great movie, though! What prompted me to watch this film was the TV show Sports Night, which I really enjoyed for the duration of its brief existence (1998-2000). I remember reading about how the smart, rapid-fire dialog in that show was very reminiscent of -- and almost certainly influenced by -- the dialog delivery from this movie.

Impressed you got all but 8. Perhaps Rebecca Black :eek: will drop a hint on that title.
:D

Last edited:

beckyblue

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 29, 2010
Los Angeles
Can I get in on the caff lovefest :wub:? Ditto RHP's eloquent sentiment.

Clueless on #5, got the others. Ditto Izan's danke.

image_zpseecf4aba.jpg

RHP

Hiya, stranger! I've been waiting for you to swing by the music game thread with a howdy direct from Amish Country :tumble:... :p Always good to see you, and I hope you and your girl (teacher now?) are well :sleep:.

Impressed you got all but 8. Perhaps Rebecca Black :eek: will drop a hint on that title.

Why, Pole :cry:? It's a new day, and I'm thinking that something about today might just make it click...

Last edited:

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
1 - probably wouldn't get even with multiple choice or hints
2 - duh, though take out the amazing actor on the left and I be scratching my head
3 - never saw it, and yet pretty sure I know it
4 - 90% sure on that one, 100% sure I'll get it with hint or multiple choice
5 - not sure, maybe hint would help, probably have seen it
6 - pretty sure I haven't seen it, but pretty sure I'd get it with multiple choice, less sure a hint would help me
7 - don't think I've seen it, maybe hint would help, seems like an iconic shot
8 - the only one from the list that I'll be disappointed if title is famous and I remain clueless until it is revealed

So, 2, 3 and 4 are the ones I've got. 5 and 7 I might get with hints. 8 better not be something famous or I'll be like :( or maybe even :mad:

ETA: Okay, I was compelled to cheat (google) #8 and now realize it is famous title, I have not seen it, and so might not have gotten it with a hint. So only a little :(. All I can say is TGIF ;)

Last edited:

FantWriter

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2010
Kentucky
ETA: Okay, I was compelled to cheat (google) #8 and now realize it is famous title, I have not seen it, and so might not have gotten it with a hint. So only a little :(. All I can say is TGIF ;)

You have to see this movie! It's classic perfection. Excellent cast, and even the character actors are the best. If you have cable tv and get TCM, they're showing it twice in January.

I tried to cheat with #7 but can't find anything even remotely similar. Ugh! I hate myself for cheating, and I hate Google for letting me down.

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
You have to see this movie! It's classic perfection. Excellent cast, and even the character actors are the best. If you have cable tv and get TCM, they're showing it twice in January.

If I were compiling a list of the snappiest movie dialog ever written and delivered, #8 is definitely in the top five, maybe number one.

And the female lead is certainly far cry from her namesake in Robinson Crusoe. The farthest cry, I'd say. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread