Status
Not open for further replies.

caffeinated

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NH
Ladies and gentlemen, for your entertainment and amusement, I present you with Movie Quiz number 111. :)

The thread will run its course for a week or so, and I'll bump it with hints and whatnot as needed. Answers will be posted when the time feels right.

There are eight screenshots below. Most of them should be fairly recognizable if you've seen the films. So, which of these movies can you identify?

Please answer with movie numbers only, not titles..
forum_flail.gif

Good luck!

movie-quiz_113.jpg

FantWriter

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2010
Kentucky
#1 is going to bug me because I think I should know it.

#2, #4, #6, and #8 -- easy (well, easy-ish, I could name the character in #6 right off, but it took me a while to recall the movie's title).

#3 and #5 -- no idea. Don't know where to start looking.

#7 -- I maybe saw this, but I wouldn't bet more than a buck or two on it.

Reactions: caffeinated

caffeinated

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NH
Hints!

#1: Two teenagers, Beca and Tyler, go to stay with their grandparents, whom they have never met. But after a couple nights of staying, they figure out that their grandparents are not only acting weird, but are also hiding a dark secret.

#2: This movie's title character, played by Don Knotts, is a mild mannered bookkeeper with few passions in life. If he could have one wish come true, it would be to become a fish. Then, one day while visiting Coney Island, he falls into the water and miraculously gets his wish.

#3: An original mix of fiction and reality illuminates the life of comic book hero everyman, Harvey Pekar.

#4: Bureaucracy and ductwork run amok in the story of a paperwork mixup that leads to the imprisonment of Mr. Buttle, shoe repairman, instead of Harry Tuttle, illegal freelance heating engineer. Bureaucrat Sam Lowry, (prone to escapes to a fantasy world), gets branded a terrorist and becomes hunted by the state himself in the process of correcting the mistake.

Hope these helped!

movie-quiz_113_1-4.jpg

Reactions: FantWriter

caffeinated

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NH
Hints, part two:

#5: After a massive storm forces his crew to leave the planet, an astronaut, played by Matt Damon, is marooned and presumed dead. Figuring that it would be at least four years until someone can rescue him, he sets out, through often ingenious means, to survive.

#6: Two unpopular teenagers fail at all attempts to be accepted by their peers. Their desperation to be liked leads them to "create" a woman via their computer. Their living and breathing creation is a gorgeous woman, Lisa, who aims to boost their confidence by putting them into situations which require the boys to act like men.

#7: A young couple move into an apartment, only to be surrounded by peculiar neighbors and occurrences. When the wife becomes mysteriously pregnant, paranoia over the safety of her unborn child begins to control her life.

#8: OK, how about a two-word, dead giveaway clue: Felix and Oscar. `Nuff said. :)

Hope these helped!

movie-quiz_113_5-8.jpg

caffeinated

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NH
Answer time!

#1: The Visit
Two teenagers, Beca and Tyler, go to stay with their grandparents, whom they have never met. But after a couple nights of staying, they figure out that their grandparents are not only acting weird, but are also hiding a dark secret.

the-visit_2_sm.jpg

#2: The Incredible Mr. Limpet
This movie's title character, played by Don Knotts, is a mild mannered bookkeeper with few passions in life. If he could have one wish come true, it would be to become a fish. Then, one day while visiting Coney Island, he falls into the water and miraculously gets his wish.

the-incredible-mr-limpet_5_sm.jpg

#3: American Splendor
An original mix of fiction and reality illuminates the life of comic book hero everyman, Harvey Pekar.

american-splendor_1_sm.jpg

#4: Brazil
Bureaucracy and ductwork run amok in the story of a paperwork mixup that leads to the imprisonment of Mr. Buttle, shoe repairman, instead of Harry Tuttle, illegal freelance heating engineer. Bureaucrat Sam Lowry, (prone to escapes to a fantasy world), gets branded a terrorist and becomes hunted by the state himself in the process of correcting the mistake.

brazil_2_sm.jpg

#5: The Martian
After a massive storm forces his crew to leave the planet, an astronaut, played by Matt Damon, is marooned and presumed dead. Figuring that it would be at least four years until someone can rescue him, he sets out, through often ingenious means, to survive.

the-martian_3_sm.jpg

#6: Weird Science
Two unpopular teenagers fail at all attempts to be accepted by their peers. Their desperation to be liked leads them to "create" a woman via their computer. Their living and breathing creation is a gorgeous woman, Lisa, who aims to boost their confidence by putting them into situations which require the boys to act like men.

weird-science_3_sm.jpg

#7: Rosemary's Baby
A young couple move into an apartment, only to be surrounded by peculiar neighbors and occurrences. When the wife becomes mysteriously pregnant, paranoia over the safety of her unborn child begins to control her life.

rosemarys-baby_3_sm.jpg

#8: The Odd Couple
OK, how about a two-word, dead giveaway clue: Felix and Oscar. `Nuff said.

the-odd-couple_5_sm.jpg

As always, thanks for playing, guys! :)

Reactions: FantWriter
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread