Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Moe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
Ohio
www.vaporbomb.com
No TV here. Just Netflix and Amazon Prime. I don't really like Amazon Prime as they arbitrarily list and unlist movies and series... on Netflix, I like Dr. Who.

I also have Amazon Prime, Netflix, and Hulu. I hate that not all tv shows are included under Prime, but I have been able to watch the Stargate series all the way through. I still haven't caught Dr Who yet.

Big Moe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
Ohio
www.vaporbomb.com
N5x2gGcfeQgG6q8rLDTM3H6vPSz6z_dV-1O_iau6QS-WqrXzmZ3e5cGi_IgJROYTnQI=w1264
I have not watched this.. Thank you for the referrel

Big Moe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
Ohio
www.vaporbomb.com
Don't get to watch much TV these days, but after all the rave reviews, I finally watched True Detective. Every bit as good as the hype. Don't know if Season 2 can capture what Season 1 had, but I'll tune in to find out.

I watched season 1 but I watched while I was working so someonewhere towards the end I got lost. I am going to go back and watch but pay attention this time. Has season 2 started yet?

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I have never tried DOwntown Abby but I heard it was good. I love Once Upon a Time since the beginning. I never heard of Grantchester. Its always been on my list to watch NCIS from the beginning. I watched some episodes here and there but never caught all of them. Same as criminal minds.

Yeah, I've been dvr'ing and trying to get them all, but still have many gaps int he NCIS and the LA one. Grantchester is also on pbs Masterpiece mystery after downton. I like a lot of UK shows. This one is an inspector who made friends with a vicar and the vicar helps him solve crimes.

Definitely not into all the zombie stuff. I like milder shows.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
I also have Amazon Prime, Netflix, and Hulu. I hate that not all tv shows are included under Prime, but I have been able to watch the Stargate series all the way through. I still haven't caught Dr Who yet.
The old Dr Who is a little odd for an American viewer, but the restart (from 2004 or 05) is fast paced and fun. It did make me go back and watch what portions of the original were on Netflix.

I'm also a Trekker and I've watched every episode of every series and every movie at least twice.

CountBoredom

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2014
San Diego, CA, USA
The old Dr Who is a little odd for an American viewer, but the restart (from 2004 or 05) is fast paced and fun. It did make me go back and watch what portions of the original were on Netflix.

I'm also a Trekker and I've watched every episode of every series and every movie at least twice.

Once you watch some of the newer ones, your interest and patience for the older ones becomes much more substantial. I would catch the odd episode of Doctor Who as a kid and while I enjoyed it sometimes, other times I would be bored because it was slower than some of the other sci-fi I'd been used to (and this coming from a Space 1999 fan). My kids would never have thought to watch older DW episodes on their own, but having been raised on the newer stuff, they avidly watch the older ones, too.

vvaappeerr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Tennessee, USA
Do you think the new place is legit or another Terminus minus the eating people part?

I'm not sure what to think. Part of me wishes it could be a home for them, but if it was there would not be a show. So I do think some major drama will come about before the end of the season. Not sure if you can trust the Congresswoman....I mean you had the Governor and now the Congresswoman! I think Carol is playing the game brilliantly and I hope Daryl can adjust.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
I'm not sure what to think. Part of me wishes it could be a home for them, but if it was there would not be a show. So I do think some major drama will come about before the end of the season. Not sure if you can trust the Congresswoman....I mean you had the Governor and now the Congresswoman! I think Carol is playing the game brilliantly and I hope Daryl can adjust.

I thought "Zombies, uck" but Walking Dead is good. I think we are going to see more development of Karl's character next season. It'll be interesting to see how his experiences have affected him. He could be the wisest person in the bunch. I've known kids like that in real life too; wise beyond their years. We shall see....

I cut the cord using DroidTV and cast shows from my phone to TV. Works excellent although it's a little strange that I can get better service on my phone than through cable or a plug-n-play tv. I'm not going to sign up for a whole bunch of subscriptions. That sorta defeats the purpose of cutting the cord - and my $70/mth internet sux so streaming is out. TV's become a real PITA. I'm afraid greed is killing it like they did with radio.

vvaappeerr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Tennessee, USA
I thought "Zombies, uck" but Walking Dead is good. I think we are going to see more development of Karl's character next season. It'll be interesting to see how his experiences have affected him. He could be the wisest person in the bunch. I've known kids like that in real life too; wise beyond their years. We shall see....

I didn't watch at first, my youngest and I would go do something else in another room. The rest of the family said I should watch so I tried to tune in with them and I just couldn't get out of it what they were getting. So...I started from the beginning and caught up in time to start watching the "B" part of this season with them. I love it. The way I think about it, it's a family trying to survive and the zombies, such as the jack-o-lantern zombie that Rick ignited with the flare last episode...is a bonus. Although I don't like zombie things normally, I love this "family" and think they should kill every zombie that they can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread