Status
Not open for further replies.

SharonMM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2013
Lakeville, MN
So I've been vaping exclusively for nearly three months, and I'm realizing I haven't really progressed beyond my original setup. Vision spinner and evods and standard 510 dripping attys for testing. I'm pretty happy with it.. it has kept me analog free for this long and I think it always will. Mission accomplished, right?

But I'm to the point now that I'm feeling kindof embarrassed that I'm still using the newbie starter set. I'm getting a complex from reading in the newcomers forum and they're asking like, really seriously technical questions, and half the time I need to google the terms they use. And here I am with three months experience. Is it weird that I'm not using a more awesome device?

Vash

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2012
ethervapes.com
I didn't even get a Twist for several months - just regular 650 eGos. If it works, it works, that all you need....but toys are what you want... ;)

I agree if it works for you then thats what matters.I have tried many set ups but my wife has her twists and cartos and is perfectly happy.As long as its helping you then vape on my friend :)

degnr8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2009
Aberdeen,WA,U.S.A
Agreed. No need to upgrade just for the sake of upgrading. The question then, is this. Is there anything about your current set-up that you don't like or want to improve? If there's something specific you'd like to change we can probably point you in the right direction. If you don't need anything from a vape that your current rig doesn't give you, just stick with it.

Vape on

klynnn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2012
prattville
I think the vision spinner is a very respectable battery. One of my favorites. If you want to upgrade a vamo is a really good start at a reasonable price point. I have found I really like having a bunch of the rechargeable batteries charged up to use. I can go a week without hardly charging anything. Getting prepared for hurricane season.

tA71ana

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Round N Round the Mulberry Bush
Whatever floats your boat and keeps you off the ciggies is the name of this game :)
I used 650/900 Ego/1000mAh+twist with cartos for nearly a year.
Now I'm into mods and an AGR tank but only because I wanted a stronger vape with lotsa clouds.
If you are happy with what you have and it suits you well, no need to change your rig.:thumbs::toast::vapor:

machinestatic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Massachusetts
So I've been vaping exclusively for nearly three months, and I'm realizing I haven't really progressed beyond my original setup. Vision spinner and evods and standard 510 dripping attys for testing. I'm pretty happy with it.. it has kept me analog free for this long and I think it always will. Mission accomplished, right?

But I'm to the point now that I'm feeling kindof embarrassed that I'm still using the newbie starter set. I'm getting a complex from reading in the newcomers forum and they're asking like, really seriously technical questions, and half the time I need to google the terms they use. And here I am with three months experience. Is it weird that I'm not using a more awesome device?

I look at vaping gear (specifically, how it is discussed on the internet) like I look at the phenomenon of something like the Apple iPhone. Now, I've had every version of the iPhone since the 3G in 2008. I've never had any problems with mine, and they've always done exactly what I wanted them to do. HOWEVER, as soon as a new model is announced, I start nitpicking tiny things about the model I own, I swoon over the photos of the new model like a fanboy, and read every pre-release review. Then sure enough, on the day the new model is released, I feel like I HAVE to run out and buy it, or else I'll be shunned by the entire population of Apple product owners.

But is any of that really an issue? Of course I know in reality it's not. When any regular joe cellphone-owner sees me using my phone in public, do they give a crap what model it is? No, of course not. It should only matter to me. Similarly, no one in the "real world" (;)) will care or even comprehend what vaping set-up you have. Jeez, even when someone sees someone else with a Blu stick battery on the street they're still like "Oh my god, what is that bizarre alien technology?!" So just relax, put your credit card away, and really think about what you want. If you're happy with your gear, that's fine. You're already a member of our super cool private club, no matter how you vape. Haha. And believe me, I (and probably a bunch of other people here) have a whole pile of vaping gear I jumped on and bought and ended up not liking, when I already owned perfectly good stuff.

Editor's note: does this hypocritical advice keep me from buying more? No, I placed 2 orders this weekend. :D

Marius_Kingsley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2013
Hillsboro, OR

I had the same feeling for a little while. I spent over a week convincing myself that I NEED this VV battery because the people on ECF keep telling me (indirectly) that I NEED a VV battery.

But I like my plain old nothing-fancy-about-'em EGO batteries. They work just fine. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

klynnn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2012
prattville
I look at it in a different way. If any portion of what we use is banned or unavailable I want to be prepared. I doubt they will ban batteries that work in flashlights but the way things in this country are going who knows. When I see cigarettes promoted over a better alternative because of the taxing properties I cringe.

Amish Ed

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2010
Lake Forest, CA
amished.wordpress.com
I say keep using what you have at the moment (make sure you have backups for your backups though). Shiny is nice to chase, but it's never ending. If you're not chasing now, don't start. Save everything you would've spent on smoking and when you are ready to drop some $ on the right mod, you'll have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread