Moving Forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimStanmore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2009
Southern NJ
There have been quite a few changes in the moderation of the forum during the past week. This has generated many rumors and , unforunately, bad feelings. Blaze did a great job stepping into the void as everyone had a chance to sort through their decisions. The entire group thanks you for the great job you did in keeping things going during the clutch.

From this point forward, the Pay It Forward forum has four moderators:

Nephilim
GoodDog
JimStanmore
Toni_DoV

They will be dividing their time among the different threads for general moderating and some threads may be assigned a particular primary moderator. These will be announced soon.

Our job as moderators is to ensure that ECF rules are followed and that this is a comfortable and inviting community to be a part of. We would ask that you visit the PIF Forum rules sticky to review our group charter and ECF forum rules. The rules developed for PIF, Swap and Co-op have not been changed.

Please PM one of the mods with your concerns, there has been enough public stress already.

Hopefully, we can all go back to doing what we do best: helping each other as best we can

PIF mod Team

Last edited:

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
just want to say that I support Jim...he's level headed and even keeled...have always saw that from him even on threads outside of this subforum...

and I have seen him post in threads on this subforum so it's unfair to say he's never given or partcipated..

I appreciate you accepting the responsibility...
now where do we send the tylenol..

Mia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2009
California

Dudeman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2009
New Bedford, MA
And one of his post to have a suppler bailed out. :?:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/pay-forward/92963-help-out-supplier.html

I think someone should be a ECF member for 90 days to be a mod in here.

I thought Clumsly said members should have some input in deciding.

What happened?

He's been an ECF member for ~a year. That's good enough for me.

I also like the fact that he hasn't been a big participant in PIF. This is what this group seems to need right now. Impartial moderation.

I say welcome aboard!

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY
A guy who has only posted here a WHOLE six times is now mod.......come on yall.

Never participated, Never given.....I can think of a long list of more qualified folks.

And one of his post to have a suppler bailed out. :?:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/pay-forward/92963-help-out-supplier.html

I think someone should be a ECF member for 90 days to be a mod in here.

I thought Clumsly said members should have some input in deciding.

What happened?

Not going to argue with anyone and thus why I avoided the other thread for the most part. Drama is annoying enough when getting paid to deal with it so I don't see a point in getting involved when there is no benefit.

However... as far as the 90 days thing Jim has been a member for almost a year now.

I have spent way to much time on here in the last 6 months, as evidenced by my post count, and I have noticed Jims posts in a few different places. If you take a look back at his posting history I think you'll notice a pattern that he doesn't post often and mostly only posts when he finds something important enough to him that he feels he can contribute to the topic. And they're usually, as far as I've seen, informative and level headed posts.

As for the post about helping a supplier, I didn't personally agree with the sentiment of the post but for my own reasons and the post was made in the spirit of trying to help another vaper out.

As for his lack of public participation in this particular group I really would see that as a good thing not bad. Less chance of headaches from complaints about things being done on a friends behalf rather than for the good of the group.

Just a thought but just because many of you are much more active in the group than some others doesn't mean you do more for others or are any better than others. And no that isn't directed at the two of you who I quoted at the beginning of this post but at many whose comments over the last few days show they feel that to be the case. There are many around here who do nice things to help others truly in need without needing it to be done publicly so that they can feel good because of the comments that others make telling them what a great person they are. And I'm not saying everyone in the group is that way either but some are and everyone knows it.

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
A guy who has only posted here a WHOLE six times is now mod.......come on yall.

Never participated, Never given.....I can think of a long list of more qualified folks.

rose, girl, hold on! requirements for a mod do not include participation just being level-headed and fair. let's give this a chance.
jules being so involved and the heart and soul of pif might have been the downfall.
i hate to say it but the strain of trying to fix everything for so many different people must have been horrendous on her. she gave and gave, and still some were looking for more.
let's pull together and give it a chance, please

rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    Have to agree with Thy again. Some of us did offer to help mod or whatever and it was not even acknowledged. Some posters just started nominating or saying who they wanted even though those folks had not even shown interest. Either you want to open this community up or you don't, your choice.

I participated once recently on the PIF but now not sure if that was appropriate. All this talk about how someone 'needs' the stuff to be allowed to participate bothers me and I will tell you why without naming names. I have seen many of the people who talk about how they need stuff, post about things they bought or the beer/cigs they just bought. Hello, if you can afford beer and cigs at today's prices, you probably are not in dire need of things. I think that is fine btw, I just can't figure out your rules for PIF.

As I said, I was feeling guilty because while I don't have tons of money, I am not in 'need' of any ecig stuff. So should I refrain from participation on here or???

Zenfrogs

ECF Veteran
    Mar 13, 2010
    Virginia
    As for his lack of public participation in this particular group I really would see that as a good thing not bad. Less chance of headaches from complaints about things being done on a friends behalf rather than for the good of the group.

Just a thought but just because many of you are much more active in the group than some others doesn't mean you do more for others or are any better than others. And no that isn't directed at the two of you who I quoted at the beginning of this post but at many whose comments over the last few days show they feel that to be the case. There are many around here who do nice things to help others truly in need without needing it to be done publicly so that they can feel good because of the comments that others make telling them what a great person they are. And I'm not saying everyone in the group is that way either but some are and everyone knows it.

Very well said. I think that really hits the nail on the head. I think it will be great for the group in the long run to have someone like this as a mod along with the 3 others that have been an instrumental part of the group.

So, welcome and good luck Jim!

UntamedRose

PV Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 23, 2010
    Homeish now
    Sorry I really disagree.

Jim nothing personal but IDK you, high nor low tide.
    I dont see "modding" here as just modding like in every other part of the forum...HERE it deals with handling money, and requires trust and honestly.
    Something IMO Every 'mod' here has broken by doing this.

We the general PIF's have the right to know whats going on, but apparently it isnt felt we deserve that.

And where is Clumsy! yall are all worried about Jules yet ya kicked the Founder of PIF out?

Last edited:

keyzygirl

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 10, 2009
    Key West,Fl.
    Sorry I really disagree.

I dont see "modding" here as just modding like in every other part of the forum...HERE it deals with handling money, and requires trust and honestly.

We the general PIF's have the right to know whats going on, but apparently it isnt felt we deserve that.

And where is Clumsy! yall are all worried about Jules yet ya kicked the Founder of PIF out?

Things change,This group is not what it was.Im not thrilled with the way things have happened and our lack of info on what really happened,but it seems they have made choices and we have to except it.I think we should give them a chance and see how it works out.Not much else you can do.

Dudeman

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 28, 2009
    New Bedford, MA
    Sorry I really disagree.

Honestly, do you KNOW anyone here? Anything and everything about this group requires trust and honesty. It's a chance we ALL take no matter how you participate in any section of this subforum. Handling money is only done in co-op orders and I believe Jules ONLY did that one time. All the other co-ops were handled by members of the group from what I've seen.

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Things change,This group is not what it was.Im not thrilled with the way things have happened and our lack of info on what really happened,but it seems they have made choices and we have to except it.I think we should give them a chance and see how it works out.Not much else you can do.

true, and i think most agree. but in one respect rose has a point. clumsy was supposed to be a part of this. i know she had written that with 12 hour days she was not all that eager to be cast into the role of a mod but it sure would be nice to hear from her.
    it also would be good to hear from blaze who was the only one responding to jules' request to keep this going while things were being worked out.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread